It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The joke itself only has one implication he is in love with Putin. And when you put it in that context his statement was an attack on gays, He somehow implies being gay is an insult. I think he should apologize no need to fire him. But along those lines if a conservative had said this about anybody but especially obama he wouldnt be on TV.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Interesting that the right keep pushing the narrative that it's all on the libs.

Well? Isn't it?

its pretty much impossible to have a debate with deaf alien. he will double down on anything for his partisan politics

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Of course he insults people, he gets insulted all the time, is he not supposed to stand up for himself and instead stand there like a weak individual while he is campaigning?

Mocking a disabled person for his disabilities is totally different. I'll even go as far as saying he was trying to insult the reporter in some manner, but mocking his disabilities?

best way to stand up for yourself is to sling insults right back.....

knew we could count on the prez to be the bigger person

Really? A "co**holster"? You know at some point is all I am saying. I have had gays ream my A## out, on line and so to speak for using 'gay' as a none associative pejorative.

he didnt say anything about gay people
the people crying are the ones that brought up homosexuality...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Of course he insults people, he gets insulted all the time, is he not supposed to stand up for himself and instead stand there like a weak individual while he is campaigning?

Mocking a disabled person for his disabilities is totally different. I'll even go as far as saying he was trying to insult the reporter in some manner, but mocking his disabilities?

Really? A "co**holster"? You know at some point is all I am saying. I have had gays ream my A## out, on line and so to speak for using 'gay' as a none associative pejorative.

This is a new tactic on the right ... to try to ape sympathy for minorities.

No one's buying it.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
The joke itself only has one implication he is in love with Putin. And when you put it in that context his statement was an attack on gays, He somehow implies being gay is an insult. I think he should apologize no need to fire him. But along those lines if a conservative had said this about anybody but especially obama he wouldnt be on TV.

It has nothing to do with gay being an insult.

It has to do with a gutter reference that a human mouth is good for nothing except as an insertion point for a penis.

The sex, gender or orientation of the human mouth in question is not the point of the humor/insult.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It has to do with a gutter reference that a human mouth is good for nothing except as an insertion point for a penis.

The sex, gender or orientation of the human mouth in question is not the point of the humor/insult.

So what your saying is anyone that would do that is disgusting being as that is the worst usage being an insult. Grow up he has a problem with gays when he went on his rant it popped out. Thats ok said he should apologize and move on i personally watch him all the time. But i also know when you take insults to far and he did.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So what your saying is anyone that would do that is disgusting being as that is the worst usage being an insult. Grow up he has a problem with gays when he went on his rant it popped out. Thats ok said he should apologize and move on i personally watch him all the time. But i also know when you take insults to far and he did.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I was very clear in what I said. Was this your first time hearing the insult?

Colbert has a problem with gays? LOLOL.

Riiight. Come up with another angle to cry about this ... the homophobic angle is absurd.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

No, that's not what I'm saying. I was very clear in what I said. Was this your first time hearing the insult?

Colbert has a problem with gays? LOLOL.

Riiight. Come up with another angle to cry about this ... the homophobic angle is absurd.

Is it? I dont think its funny when he was trying to come up with an insult the first thing he thought of was Putin hmmmm. You can attempt to deflect but even you know he meant it as an insult. So than ask yourself why is it an insult to him? Keep context in mind he was trying to insult Trump. I know a friend you could tell him that and hed say of course and wouldnt think twice about it. So why did colbert think this was an insult?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not attempting to deflect anything, you're desperately attempting to gin this up into somehing ridiculous.

Gee, no one has made any jokes about Trump being subservient to Putin in the last few months ... have they?

(Are you for real in this?)

Of course Colbert meant it as an insult! I haven't said anything different. What I have said because it's demonstrably true, is that the phrase "c**k-holster" has nothing to do with gays and isn't "homophobic."

I've also already explained the insult to you. You aren't getting it. Not my problem.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

some people just dont get it

on another note this shirt should be standard apparel for everyone at anti trump ralleys and protests......or just saturday morning lounge wear

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's would be funnier if a late night talk show host made a gay joke about Obama. Since he actually thought about being a pole smoker before choosing g the "more challenging life" of getting married and having some not so cute babies.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Its homophobic because his reference to trumps mouth as being a holster for putins penis, was meant as an insult. And yes, two men performing a sex act with each other is definitely gay. But Colbert makes it seem like a man giving another man oral pleasure is a BAD thing? But then why are they telling 7 year olds in school and everyone else who will listen that itz such a WONDERFUL thing?

I thought Colbert and his ilk were supposed to be on the front lines fighting and sacrificing blood sweat and tears in order so that men could freely do this sort of thing without any fear of being bullied or hurt, but then, Colbert said that Trump does this sort of thing, and for a minute I was starting to think he was going to say that Trump is a courageous hero for being brave enough to do that, but, then I realized he was saying it like it's an INSULT to accuse a man of giving another man oral sex... Whaaat?? I'm soooo confused!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is a new tactic on the right ... to try to ape sympathy for minorities.

No one's buying it.

I think its more likely that it is people's way of pointing out the obvious double standard. It's like the Leftists now believe they have N-Word privileges with homophobia, racism, sexism, etc. Just as long as it's one of Them saying it, then it's ok. If anyone else says anything remotely less than wonderful about gays, minorities, women, then everyone jumps them like a pack of wolves!

I was going to say, if someone could just explain the rules, then maybe we could get somewhere. But I think I understand the rules just fine... It goes like this: You guys do whatever you want, and no matter what we do, you tell us how horrible and backward and wrong we are.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't think he should be fired though, by the way. I would like it if NOBODY ever got punished for exercising their constitutionally protected 1st amendment rights...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Its homophobic because his reference to trumps mouth as being a holster for putins penis, was meant as an insult. And yes, two men performing a sex act with each other is definitely gay.

Isn't the insulting aspect the fact that he's sleeping with the enemy?

It's racist or nationalist. There was nothing specifically homophobic about what he said.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Its homophobic because his reference to trumps mouth as being a holster for putins penis, was meant as an insult. And yes, two men performing a sex act with each other is definitely gay.

It's racist or nationalist. There was nothing specifically homophobic about what he said.

If that were true than why say it?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The double standard here is so obvious, anyone who doesn't see it is being willfully obtuse. I don't care about Colbert and he can say whatever he wants, but there would be repercussions for someone who wasn't the Lefts darling.

I hope he keeps it up, the average person is not cheering him for this.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla
The double standard here is so obvious, anyone who doesn't see it is being willfully obtuse. I don't care about Colbert and he can say whatever he wants, but there would be repercussions for someone who wasn't the Lefts darling.

I hope he keeps it up, the average person is not cheering him for this.

Im surprised Trump has not banned CBS from the white house yet to be honest. He could and hes got very thin skin but as of yet i havnt heard him reply. Actually shocked stupid crap hasnt been put on his twitter feed. Maybe they took away his phone lol
edit on 5/5/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

One can only hope...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

If that were true than why say it?

To be racist/nationalistic.

And to get a laugh.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join