It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
is he not supposed to stand up for himself and instead stand there like a weak individual while he is campaigning?

One can stand up for themselves without resorting to a constant barrage of petty attacks against everyone and anything that happens to fall short of complete adoration.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Of course he insults people, he gets insulted all the time, is he not supposed to stand up for himself and instead stand there like a weak individual while he is campaigning?

Mocking a disabled person for his disabilities is totally different. I'll even go as far as saying he was trying to insult the reporter in some manner, but mocking his disabilities?

best way to stand up for yourself is to sling insults right back.....

knew we could count on the prez to be the bigger person

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Where did I say he's not at fault? Read my last post, I clearly said he was trying to insult.

My argument is that he was not mocking his disabilities.

Big difference.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

if i misread sorry.
will investigate in a moment

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Listen, I'm not advocating for his behavior. Me personally I wouldn't do the things he does, I'm just trying to clarify the difference between insulting someone and mocking their disabilities.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It wouldn't have been a big deal if it was actually funny instead of completely cringe.

Liberal comedians just can't do shock humor anymore with the PC handcuffs they've had on for so long. It's fun watching the piranhas devour each other.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

And we're back to square one.

They "deserved" it.

Yes. They insulted him first. Rosie O'Donnel for instance, the press...hell I cannot think of anyone who didn't deserve it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

What? This thread has not been removed yet? The statement was "mean and hateful". LOL

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Of course he insults people, he gets insulted all the time, is he not supposed to stand up for himself and instead stand there like a weak individual while he is campaigning?

Mocking a disabled person for his disabilities is totally different. I'll even go as far as saying he was trying to insult the reporter in some manner, but mocking his disabilities?

best way to stand up for yourself is to sling insults right back.....

knew we could count on the prez to be the bigger person

Really? A "co**holster"? You know at some point is all I am saying. I have had gays ream my A## out, on line and so to speak for using 'gay' as a none associative pejorative.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

It wouldn't have been a big deal if it was actually funny instead of completely cringe.

So, if you found it funny it would not be a big deal, but since you didn't it's cringe worthy?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i think a big part of this is due to the fact that anytime there is an issue with someone on the right that gets peoples panties in a bunch that they are called on to be fired by the left and they have succeeded many times. milo is one example. so they are following the playbook the left has used time and time again. i myself could care less. let the fcc fine him for his language and movve along.
edit on 4-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
NVM misread the comment
edit on 4-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
free speech should just be taken away.. and anyone who offends someone gets instant death penalty

polite society is a happy society

problem solved

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Personally I don't give a f. He's stupid anyway. And yes you're right he's spontaneous.
And I wonder what the right would say if Obama did the same thing? (Not that he would act immature like Trump)

Well...he did say he bowled like a special olympic bowler on late nite TV.

He didn't actually get up and show how, he just let every ones imagination take care of that.

I pictured a classic Jerry Lewis type action, myself, with the ball going 3 lanes over for a strike. How about you guys?

What did you picture?

I don't care if Colbert get's fired or fined or even doubles down.

The hypocrisy will still keep coming from the libs anyway. That's all they gots.

edit on 5 4 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 4 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We just watched this Colbert episode last night on demand.

When he dropped the "cxxk-holster" joke we laughed our buttd off.

We remarked that we'd never seen media so outspoken and direct about their hate for a president.

Nothing Colbert said had anything to do with gays.

Are gays the only cxxk-holsters? ..Or only cxxk-holsters?

Or was Colbert's joke also anti-women.

If so, you're too easily offended, and are looking for someone or something to martyr you.

The gay folks we know aren't so thin-skinned.. Makes me not trust the "gays" posting here.. Makes me think they're paid.

..and I bet they're going to be "offended" by this post too.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

😂😂😂

Can we not say "cockholster"?

+1 points to Colbert for humor.

-200 points, though, for wasting such a quality piece of comedy on a concept (Trump-Russia collusion) which is at best on life support with mere hours to live.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I'm not so sure it's on life support.
I could be wrong, but I tend to think the strangest chapters are yet to be written on this one. Too many people w/connections to shady Russian business interests. Too many 'forgotten' meetings. Multiple FISA warrants. Immunity deals. I suspect this one's just getting warmed up...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Interesting that the right keep pushing the narrative that it's all on the libs.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I see it as homophobic but probably just lazy 'comedy' because it is implying that being gay should be a shameful thing and fair game to use as a way of belittling someone. Doesn't matter if they are gay or not.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Interesting that the right keep pushing the narrative that it's all on the libs.

Well? Isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join