It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Wether he remembers or not is irrelevant.

The issue is wether he was mocking the reporters disabilities, and clearly he wasn't.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

So it's cool to position ones hand and make stuttering noises in a demeanor that resemble as a reporters disability (who was directly being addressed) because it's "deserved," teasing - and not mockery, however, it's not cool to call the man who made such gestures a meaningless gesture because a platitude of reasons ranging from:

Did anyone else mentioned teasing, that the reporter's mocking was "deserved", but me?

Nope.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

When he made the same gestures to others was he mocking their disabilities? No, because they were not disabled. But in this instance he is?

You just refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt, instead resorting to circumstantial ad hominem and attributing motive.

Attributing motive?

Says the dude who has claimed to know exactly what Trump's intentions were and how we are all incorrect in our assessment/opinion (yet yours is untarnishable and you're always correct).

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Would you do the same if you kNEW that the person is disabled and you acting like that would be construed as mocking?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No, the video evidence you presented does nothing to "prove it as false." How does it do so? Trump has one sound and one expression to make fun of people with?

So, he was making fun of the reporter with the disability. That's not in dispute even in your desperate case.

Again, that he is not trying to mock the reporter's disability is only your opinion.

You can do the same with your bubble gum as with your fallacious argument.

edit on 4-5-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Wait a sec. Did Colbert tell it like it is?

And now right wing snowflakes are complaining? Did they get triggered?

I thought we liked people that didn't hold anything back and talked straight.

Did I miss something?

My thoughts exactly.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Me personally? No. But I'm not Trump.

He does things spontaneously without thinking all the time. I have a hard time believing he would mock him intentionally on live TV while campaigning. No matter how much you want to demonized Trump, you cannot rationalize that thought process. Nobody is that stupid and Trump is not that evil.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Personally I don't give a f. He's stupid anyway. And yes you're right he's spontaneous.
And I wonder what the right would say if Obama did the same thing? (Not that he would act immature like Trump)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Isnt this supposed to be about colbert and his rant?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Isnt this supposed to be about colbert and his rant?

LOL yeah. I'm surprised a mod hasn't jumped in to steer us back to the topic.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But Obama wouldn't, nor did Trump, I doubt anyone campaigning is stupid enough to intentionally mock a disabled person Infront of thousands of people and on live TV.

It's pretty obvious when you think about the situation rationally and drop the bias.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well you will have to admit that the media on either side will push their agendas to make presidents look bad.
But anyway the point is moot. It's useless to continue debating about this.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Why the hell should he apologize? Free speech, for starters, and the fact there was nothing homophobic about the piece. In fact, it was a great dig at two of the world's biggest homophobic pieces of crap, who have a political relationship that borders on homoerotic.

I thought the piece was great, and spot on.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, the video evidence you presented does nothing to "prove it as false." How does it do so? Trump has one sound and one expression to make fun of people with?

So, he was making fun of the reporter with the disability. That's not in dispute even in your desperate case.

Again, that he is not trying to mock the reporter's disability is only your opinion.

You can do the same with your bubble gum as with your fallacious argument.

It's my opinion? Right, therefor we can reject my arguments and evidence because it is relative only to me. Brilliant argument. You won't accept the video evidence, you won't accept Trump's clarification, you won't accept the unlikelihood of a Presidential candidate (anyone really) mocking the disabilities of disabled people on the campaign trail, yet you'll take a screenshot of the video and hold it next to the reporter, and it's suddenly "case closed".

Like I said, brilliant.

|_______|

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Attributing motive?

Says the dude who has claimed to know exactly what Trump's intentions were and how we are all incorrect in our assessment/opinion (yet yours is untarnishable and you're always correct).

I said I give him the benefit of the doubt; not once did I claim to know what his intentions were. It's called the presumption of innocence, which is a core tenet of free societies.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I have a hard time believing he would mock him intentionally on live TV while campaigning. No matter how much you want to demonized Trump, you cannot rationalize that thought process. Nobody is that stupid and Trump is not that evil.

Meh, it was a big part of his shtick while campaigning, and what many loved about him.

He mocked and insulted the free press, women (more than just Rosie O'Donnel), all of his his opponents, a judge, a military general, and the list goes on and on.
edit on 5/4/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

He mocked and insulted the press, women (more than just Rosie O'Donnel), his opponents, and the list goes on and on.

They deserved it.

As for Colbert, the jury is still out on whether the Putin/Trump relationship is an apt criticism of reality.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
They deserved it.

And we're back to square one.

They "deserved" it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Of course he insults people, he gets insulted all the time, is he not supposed to stand up for himself and instead stand there like a weak individual while he is campaigning?

Mocking a disabled person for his disabilities is totally different. I'll even go as far as saying he was trying to insult the reporter in some manner, but mocking his disabilities?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

He does things spontaneously without thinking all the time.

oh well #.
nothing is his fault then and he cant be blamed for anything
thanks for clearing that up

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join