It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What should he be apologizing for?

Voicing his opinion?

Trump ran on a platform of being "anti-PC, having balls, not afraid to speak his mind, not concerned about offending everyone," and now we have this.

Day by day the Trump cultists look even more foolishly.

Good on Colbert, he has no reason to apologize.

Because a demograph of grown-up adults are "offended," or "upset," because they can't control their emotions and let a random stranger on the TV trigger them into a "HE MUST BE FIRED," censorship-craze - Colbert should apologize.

Laaaaaaawl keep on triggering the triggerables and grab these pussies by their non-existent nutsack.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: queenofswords
Lol Republicans complaining about double standards when Trump is your president. You see the irony in it right? Because any other human being would've had their political careers end with any one of the myriad of controversial statements he's made or not releasing his tax returns despite every other candidate for president doing so.

If you don't care about double standards when it applies to Trump. Why in god's name would democrats care lol.

Hipocracy is everywhere, but we only seem to see it on w/e team we're rooting against.

See? Right here. This is why I am so sick of libs. Their brains cannot comprehend below one layer. They "hear" but don't listen and they emotionally react to a slice of an issue rather than "see" the issue. It is frustrating.

This OP is about lewd, obscene, and profane language used on broadcast television......not about opposing words spoken in a live venue or on subscription cable networks.

It isn't about controversial statements made by one presidential candidate or another.

If it is about double standards, it is about whether or not he and the network would be fined had he said such lewd things about Obama instead of Trump. Either one......big fines should be forthcoming against him and the network.

Let's wait and see what happens. I will bet dollars to donuts, they won't fine anybody because it was obscenity directed at Trump.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
Lol Republicans complaining about double standards when Trump is your president. You see the irony in it right? Because any other human being would've had their political careers end with any one of the myriad of controversial statements he's made or not releasing his tax returns despite every other candidate for president doing so.

If you don't care about double standards when it applies to Trump. Why in god's name would democrats care lol.

Hipocracy is everywhere, but we only seem to see it on w/e team we're rooting against.

See? Right here. This is why I am so sick of libs. Their brains cannot comprehend below one layer. They "hear" but don't listen and they emotionally react to a slice of an issue rather than "see" the issue. It is frustrating.

This OP is about lewd, obscene, and profane language used on broadcast television......not about opposing words spoken in a live venue or on subscription cable networks.

It isn't about controversial statements made by one presidential candidate or another.

If it is about double standards, it is about whether or not he and the network would be fined had he said such lewd things about Obama instead of Trump. Either one......big fines should be forthcoming against him and the network.

Let's wait and see what happens. I will bet dollars to donuts, they won't fine anybody because it was obscenity directed at Trump.

WAAAAAAAAAAAH they won't fine Colbert WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH life isn't fair if it was an irrelevant former POTUS it would be different WAAAAAAAAAAAAH it's not fair WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

What's up with the right-wings obsession with Obama? Weren't you guys praising that he's finally out of office? Yet you folks continually bring him up in nearly every thread to detract away from Dear Leader.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We true blooded Americans don't give a # about none of this snowball crap. We truly dont. Call the potus what you will he's still the potus. We are not this whinny America the MSM claims we are. Far off.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

If Colbert joke has been about Obama he would have been hanged by this testicles right after the comment first aired.

The hypocrisy.

He is not funny anymore that is for sure.
edit on 4-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
We need to boycott boycotts. They're unhealthy practice in so many ways. At least domestically, I mean are you serious? You cannot understand how choking locally economies is bad? /wrists.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Last I checked # is worst than c**k and they get away with that all the time. So no, there won't be any fines lol. I'm sure CBS isn't happy about it, but they'll probably defend his right to insult people.
edit on Thu May 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
We true blooded Americans don't give a # about none of this snowball crap. We truly dont. Call the potus what you will he's still the potus. We are not this whinny America the MSM claims we are. Far off.

I'd like to think most Americans are too busy working or taking care of their family/themselves to get all bent out of shape demanding someone to be fired because of locker-room talk.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

They never said p---y before Trump tape. It's safe to say he turned it up to 11.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu May 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: vulgarity not allowed

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I wish it was only locker room talk, but this was aired in national TV for everybody that watch him and his now very tasteless joke to hear and see.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie
From Canada to America. Thank you. Wish the rest would be less emotional about this.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Uh who have been calling liberals "special snowflakes"? That's the hypocrisy right there and it's as clear as the sky.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Colbert isn't put on a leash it's going to cost Trump haters voters.

Colbert isn't running for office, so no worries.

originally posted by: neo96
Colbert tried to insult Trump but by doing it insulted LGBT's.

Instead of assuming everything you read on the internet is true, try talking to someone who is actually homosexual. No one I know finds Colbert's comment "homophobic" at all.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Pretty ironic to talk about censorship on a site where you can't write curse words like f##k or s##t without censoring yourself.

edit on Thu May 4 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: profanity

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Wait a sec. Did Colbert tell it like it is?

And now right wing snowflakes are complaining? Did they get triggered?

I thought we liked people that didn't hold anything back and talked straight.

Did I miss something?

Nope...the right is just supporting the lefty snowflakes that had their feelings hurt because they demand PC towards everyone.

Most of the stink over this is from the left....

link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Let me explain it to you. Maybe you can peel back a layer and actually see why many still use the name 'Obama' when discussing matters of extreme hypocrisy.

He has become the symbol. It is no longer just about the man. He is a symbol for how hypocritical, disjointed, and weak-minded the lefty loons have become. He represents an ideology that has gone off the deep end into absurdity and cockamamie irrational "thought".

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Pretty ironic to talk about censorship on a site where you can't write curse words like f#ck or sh!t without censoring yourself.

This is a private forum.

Pretty sad how this has to be consistently explained.

link   

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He has a right to say what he thinks. That First Amendment is sacrosanct.

But...broadcast TV is not the place to do it. The FCC has obscenity rules for profanity, indecency, and obscenity. He stepped over the line. I guess he forgot he wasn't on Comedy Central anymore.

He should be fined and/or the network should be fined. It has nothing to do with free speech rights. Let him spout his opinions and drivel on a live comedy stage or cable.....not broadcast TV.

I'll say what I've said in other threads.
What you can say on TV changes. You hear words on TV you didn't hear ten years ago. Get over it.
If miley can grind on Robin Thicke's dick at 8pm then hearing what Colbert said at midnight shouldn't be a problem.
What a bunch of babies

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Didn't the offensive word that isn't allowed on network tv (the "c" word) get bleeped out? If that's the case, then technically, this isn't a situation where someone can get fined. People on late night talk shows say bad words all the time that just get bleeped - that solves the fine problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join