It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

When he made the same gestures to others was he mocking their disabilities? No, because they were not disabled. But in this instance he is?

You just refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt, instead resorting to circumstantial ad hominem and attributing motive.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It does make him look like a disabled retard.

Is that your sense of humor at work again?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So basically it's an habit for Trump. But still he should have known better than that because he should have known that his waving his arms could be taken as mocking him, knowing that he was disabled.
So the point is moot.

He didn't even remember the reporter.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Glad you get it. *winks*

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
When he made the same gestures to others was he mocking their disabilities? No, because they were not disabled. But in this instance he is?

Him having a long history of pantomiming disability (even in those who aren't disabled) doesn't debunk him mocking the reporter.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Glad you get it. *winks*

Ugh. A cyber-wink. No wonder hashtags get you going.

link   

You just refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt, instead resorting to circumstantial ad hominem and attributing motive.

It is clearly your opinion that he wasn't making fun of the reporter. Many feel that he was. Either way, it was a stupid act.

Now you're reading my mind? I'm stating the fact that the opinions go both ways on Mr. Trump's action. You don't know what I think, and there's no "ad hominem" involved, as I have not called you any names, or decried your argument on the basis of mean things I might say to you.

You're making a fallacious argument based on your opinion, not upon facts.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Him having a long history of pantomiming disability (even in those who aren't disabled) doesn't debunk him mocking the reporter.

That's not even an argument. It doesn't not debunk him either.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You're pretty strange. But you're ok in my book. Sometimes you do give good debates.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Like I said it's a moot point.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"Doesn't not debunk"?

Really? You're taking it to double negative territory?

He has a long history of acting like those he disagrees with are somehow "retarded". In the reporter's case... he actually had a disability. It's really not that complicated.
edit on 5/4/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Like I said it's a moot point.

We went through extensive arguments at the time Trump did this.

It is very obvious to me that Trump IS ridiculing the reporter because of the angle of his elbows to his body.

Other than that, Mr. Trump is a fairly uninspired mime (in my opinion), and he does make the same stupid sound with the same stupid look on his face in different situations (in my opinion) ... but that's merely a function of his low intellectual wattage (again, in my opinion).

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yeah. I agree that he was mocking that reporter but that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It is clearly your opinion that he wasn't making fun of the reporter. Many feel that he was. Either way, it was a stupid act.

Now you're reading my mind? I'm stating the fact that the opinions go both ways on Mr. Trump's action. You don't know what I think, and there's no "ad hominem" involved, as I have not called you any names, or decried your argument on the basis of mean things I might say to you.

You're making a fallacious argument based on your opinion, not upon facts.

Sorry, I did not mean you personally.

The opinion that he mocked a disabled reporter was passed off as fact to the credulous for quite some time. The video evidence proves it as false. Therefor it is opinion? No bubble gum could stretch between that logic.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

He has a long history of acting like those he disagrees with are somehow "retarded". In the reporter's case, he actually had a disability. It's really not complicated.

Please enlighten me. I am unaware of his past imitations of the disabled.
edit on 4-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The opinion that he mocked a disabled reporter was passed off as fact to the credulous for quite some time. The video evidence proves it as false.

Except that the video doesn't "prove that" at all.

It can just as easily be said that the video shows he has a long history of acting like those he disagrees with are somehow "retarded".

In the reporter's case... he actually had a disability.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Except that the video doesn't "prove that" at all.

It can just as easily be said that the video shows he has a long history of acting like those he disagrees with are somehow "retarded".

Bring up the evidence and we can weigh it against evidence to the contrary.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You've brought no "evidence to the contrary" to compare to, but I do appreciate you bringing that video evidence of his long history to illustrate the point I've been making.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A better question would be...
Why did Trump lie that he didn't know that reporter?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You've brought no "evidence to the contrary" to compare to.

Because you haven't brought up the evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join