It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare and hospitals should all be not-for-profit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The reason government sucks is because Republicans make it so:

"House Republicans want to replace the protections Obamacare provides for people with pre-existing conditions with federally funded high-risk pools."

money.cnn.com...

There is absolutely no profit in insuring people with pre-existing conditions. This is why we have to nationalize all hospitals and healthcare insurance providers. The profit motive is immoral. It let's people die because there is NO profit in trying to get them to live as long as possible.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
The reason government sucks is because Republicans make it so:

"House Republicans want to replace the protections Obamacare provides for people with pre-existing conditions with federally funded high-risk pools."

money.cnn.com...

There is absolutely no profit in insuring people with pre-existing conditions. This is why we have to nationalize all hospitals and healthcare insurance providers. The profit motive is immoral. It let's people die because there is NO profit in trying to get them to live as long as possible.

Come on, are you smoking pot tonight. Don't you know how the real world works at you age. What Americans want is what the politicians get and only the politicians . I wish Americans would think about this more then give 3 types of bathrooms in a restaurant for pete's sake

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
no disagreement from me

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

So you are for the profit-motive in healthcare. Getting rid of people with pre-existing conditions will be HUGE profit for the CEOs. This is America!

All the cancer patients who can't get out of bed should be on the hill lobbying their congressmen.

edit on 4-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

So you are for the profit-motive in healthcare. Getting rid of people with pre-existing conditions will be HUGE profit for the CEOs. This is America!

All the cancer patients who can't get out of bed should be on the hill lobbying their congressmen.

Ask yourself, what does profit motive mean. I will tell you , it means GREED over caring. What I stated was that the politicians get what the Americans want but until recently were not allowed to have.
In Japan there is NO such such thing as a 5000 up front fee before the insurance kicks in.
Americans need to WISE up. Insurance co. are also gansta's.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Not for profit means government administered.

I've seen how government works.

Nothing is perfect, but trusting the administration of healthcare to the government is what has the system as screwed up as it is now.
Medicare/Medicaid.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

In Japan there is NO such such thing as a 5000 up front fee before the insurance kicks in.

When I first started working, my healthcare was provided at no cost by my employer. No cost. Zero copays, no office visit fees.
Now I have a huge deductible and copays to shell out if I want treatment.

What changed?
The same greedy insurance company provided the coverage back then.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I agree.
Instead of this fight about who pays for these medical costs they should be regulating the costs instead.
The cost of care here is beyond the global norm by astronomical proportions.

But those country club fees are so high.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Ask yourself, what does profit motive mean. I will tell you , it means GREED over caring. What I stated was that the politicians get what the Americans want but until recently were not allowed to have.

Insurance companies should be banned, all of them.

Doctors in America should know:

Uncalcified gall stones can be passed without surgically removing the gall bladder.

Parasites are the primary root cause of many afflictions.

Type 2 diabetes is curable.

But they dont teach this in school.

And this is just one of many created problems.

Cigarettes legal, mj largely not legal.

Against the law to drink and drive, perfectly legal to sell alcohol in an establishment that is inaccessible except by automobiles.

Pharmaceuticals companies make billions selling drugs that "treat" but do not cure anything. And now they come with side effects like....cancer?

Many more things are just plain wrong.

I do not buy into the greedy corporations or stupid politicians though.

It is clearly by design.

Kill the poor off............first.

Due to recent technological advances. I predict within ten years, many people will be awarded the useless eater label.

The last groups to be awarded the useless eater label will be L.E. and medical personnel.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Not for profit means government administered.

I've seen how government works.

Nothing is perfect, but trusting the administration of healthcare to the government is what has the system as screwed up as it is now.
Medicare/Medicaid.

I've seen how private bureaucracy works from personal experience. I just can't imagine dealing with the government can be any worse than the penny pitching a holes working for the for-profit healthcare system. All they do is rationing. Why do you think you we all now have $5000 deductibles before the insurance kicks in. In the not too distant future my healthcare premium will be more than my mortgage.

The private insurance companies just suck. If there were competition we would see ads on TV all the time like we do for auto-insurance. The healthcare cartel is bloated and inefficient because it's a worthless bureaucracy designed to feed the CEO exorbitant wealth. The service sucks and there's tons of overhead.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Insurance companies are the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

Legal protection racket. When backed by law, (like auto insurance), it becomes extortion. When they impound your vehicle for not having insurance, violation of due course and seizure ethics behind the Bill of Rights.

Whats a bill of rights? Means you have a right to pay... or else.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I agree.
Instead of this fight about who pays for these medical costs they should be regulating the costs instead.
The cost of care here is beyond the global norm by astronomical proportions.

But those country club fees are so high.

The healthcare cartel makes the Pentagon scammers jealous. There is no doubt in my mind the same people who own healthcare administration own the hospital. It's privately owned government corruption. The hospitals charge whatever they want so the insurance providers can raise healthcare taxes as much as they want.

IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Uncalcified gall stones can be passed without surgically removing the gall bladder.

Against the law to drink and drive, perfectly legal to sell alcohol in an establishment that is inaccessible except by automobiles.

Pharmaceuticals companies make billions selling drugs that "treat" but do not cure anything. And now they come with side effects like....cancer?

It is clearly by design.

Due to recent technological advances. I predict within ten years, many people will be awarded the useless eater label.

The last groups to be awarded the useless eater label will be L.E. and medical personnel.

Tinfoil Hat of the Day Award goes to....

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Great post. I agree with everything you say. But I'm sure somewhere will just shrug it off with the wave of the hand with some trite comment.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Governments don't ration things?
Especially when a commodity is involved that has limited availability and no fee?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: blueyedevilwoman
But I'm sure somewhere will just shrug it off with the wave of the hand with some trite comment.

Thats ok if they do.

They will remember what I said one day..........too late.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Governments don't ration things?
Especially when a commodity is involved that has limited availability and no fee?

No they do. But saying privately owned healthcare cartel is NOT just as bad as any government bureaucracy is also delusion.

The thing is there is no end to healthcare insurance premium increases. As a private citizen I have no way to fight the for-profit corporations and their insatiable greed.

They have a profit motive to provide the least quality service with the most amount of rationing. And they are doing a great job at it with ALL of it at our expense!!!! I'd rather have the government do it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Got news for you. If a Dem or Repub is not working for you, they are working for the corps.

They are equally a problem. And Both need to be quelled from our system, along with the amount of swagger the corps have.

Please don't allow yourself to be pulled into the my team or club is better than yours. Your team (I assume) is being a US citizen.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

It is clearly by design.

Tinfoil Hat of the Day Award goes to....

Which part earned me that?
Or do you disagree with the whole post?

Do you have a better explanation?

Id love to hear it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I agree with the fact that health care should be a right, covered by a tax on all goods and services.

I do not like saying that.

The reason should be obvious. Look at other countries and look at costs and health outcomes. Ours suck- we are super expensive and have sh outcomes.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join