It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man discovers eerie sounds coming from abandoned mine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
It sounds almost identical to the whisper insanity effect in Eternal Darkness. A bunch of overlapping voices to activate the unconscious mind.

I'm guessing that this is viral marketing, because the whole thing is to advertise a flashlight, which he even gives 20% off for! That means the company is sponsoring him. Likely they picked a guy who would seem legit (and was).

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Vonclod - That sound was a mine phone. We actually had "telephones" underground that were basically a PA system. You could announce over the PA or talk into a handset just like a regular phone.
edit on 4-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Terrific find!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Every times it starts he talks over it. "Do you hear that?"

Yeah I noticed that as well...maybe he's trying too hard...could be fake....monetizing his youtube channel

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm usually not one for believing weird noises and always try to put an explanation in my head of it being something normal. But those noises .. daaaaaaamn that is friggin scary I for one would not be walking back to the entrance I'd be running with extra weight being carried in my underwear

Tunnels and mines like that remind me of the Decent films.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ghost thank you so much for finding and posting this! S&F!

Living in WV there are TONS of mine shafts around. That has got to be one of the strangest sounds. Before listening I would have said it is wind. There are air shafts throughout the mines that can really makes some strange sounds. BUT, after listening....I have no idea!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
In this particular Youtube channel, the maker exclusively explores abandoned mines. The guy has nearly 200,000 subscribers and almost 16,000,000 total views on his channel. He has over 140 videos, and this is one of the only ones that has anything to do with what could be something paranormal

Yet he has other videos titled

The Horton Mine: Follow-up Exploration of a Creepy, Ghost-Filled Mine
The Horton Mine: Encountering a Ghost in a Haunted, Abandoned
Black Widow Mine Exploration: Ghost Caught on Tape?
A Terrifying Night in the Abandoned Donohoe Mine
Exploring the Satanic Silver Mountain Abandoned Mine
Exploring a Creepy, Abandoned Mine Full of Death

He sure does happen across a lot of creepy ghostly things on his jaunts in mines, I'm not convinced he's totally legit it is afterall a youtube video which are far too easy to edit thanks to technology these days and thanks to monetisation people will go to all lengths in order to get views.

Not saying it's not legit but we should err on the side of caution when it comes to youtube vids

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The first video is really weird. Could it be some type of interference coming through the audio of his phone/camera? It is a mine after all. Could be some sort of material in the rock that's causing it in that location.

The second video of the Horton Mine disturbed me the most. That legit sounded like a P.A. system being used like when the mine was in operation. If not hoaxed, how do you explain that as a natural phenomenon? I loved he is reaction though. He was talking all calm and then, "What the f**k is that???!!".

His videos are neat to watch though. He's got big brass ones to be going into these places alone.

EDIT: Here is an interesting comment from a youtube user on the Horton Mine noise. After listening to it several times, he may be right.

"This is what I heard after looping it about a million times :O .... Female controller--- "Warning control to Michael, are we cleared to det?" Michael - "Rogo, you can go ahead now". Female controller---- "something, something, it failed!" Michael- "get out!" "blast horn".... Maybe its forever etched in the rock to record the last minutes of a fatal detonation blast that went wrong."

Creepy.
edit on 4-5-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Here's what I heard (Using good headphones at high volume, playing video at 0.75 speed) from the relevant part of the first video. (There were other sounds / whispers that I couldn't make out as it sounds like it's been layered.)

12:10 DO YOU HEAR THAT?
12:15 SOUNDS LIKE, UH...
12:19 MASTER MASTER...
12:21 IS THAT WIND?
12:24 I DON'T KNOW IF YOU CAN HEAR THAT ON THE CAMERA
12:30 IN YOUR HOUSE... IN YOUR HOUSE
12:33 DO YOU HEAR THAT?
12:36 IT STOPPED
12:41 YOU SEE ME IN THE SHADOWS
12:43 OH!
12:58 SSEX, WE'RE HAVING SEX...
13:00 WOW

But, that might just be me!! LOL
G
edit on 4-5-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarification

+10 more 
posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I amplified the sound for your convenience.

The process:
I took the clip from the 12:00 mark and converted it to MP3. The wave looked like this:

I then took all the "quiet" bits (where he doesn't speak but the sound can be heard) and copied it to a new clip and amplified it x 30db.

Which resulted in a wave that looked like this:

I then amplified the parts where the sound could be heard the best (which were only a couple of seconds) another x10db and then amplified that another x 10db with a hard limit to avoid distortion.

So what you'll hear is all the quiet bits end-to-end, silence, the noises end-to-end amplified x 10 db, silence and again amplified x10 db.
Visually:

The sound:

I'm not going to comment right now, so ya'll can make up your own minds.

edit on 4/5/2017 by Gemwolf because: Missing Pic

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Gordi - I think you were playing the wrong tape! LOL HA! You found horny ghost!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Gordi - I think you were playing the wrong tape! LOL HA! You found horny ghost!

hehe!
I just listened to Gemwolfs amplified one and it doesn't cover all the bits I heard, but the parts that it does cover still sound like what I transcribed earlier (to me!!) apart from:
12:58 SSEX, WE'RE HAVING SEX... now sounds like "UPSTAIRS, WE'RE HAVING SEX" !!! LOL
Good job Gem

G

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sounds like echo location using the shafts walls as the noise seems to repeat as if echoing from nearby maybe above him?
Very interesting

Hiked canyon area to abandoned mine shaft at nite during storm alone hears strange noises why alone inside a cave. Courage to explore

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Who would say Master, Master...vampires!! Don't forget the bat at the entrance of the cave, sentry bat???

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
OMG creepy!!!!!

EVP, hope someone gets the time to separate it out and slow it down a bit ?

Exactly what I was going to say! Creepy!!!

When I do get the time, I'll do that for us zazz. It's been a busy week so it could be a few days before I can get that sound file up and ready for listening.

Edit: nvm, someone got to it already!
edit on 4/5/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

So, he sells flashlights/torches on the side?
Or is it just a personal infatuation he has with that particular light?
I couldn't wait around the advertisement for the sound to be heard.
I guess I was blinded by the light.

A lot of YouTube channels get sponsorships from specific companies, or at least with places like Amazon where they'll make commission off of sales and will use opportunities like this to review and sell products to generate more income from their channels.

The YouTube advertisement revenue stream is taking a slight hit recently and there's this big issue with Facebook bassically copy and pasting YouTube videos that don't actually link back to the original video, so the makers and artists aren't getting video hits or recognition.

But now I'd probably buy that flashlight

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
My wife loves youtube channels that have the maker exploring abandoned places. The videos have nothing to do with paranormal research or anything like that; pure exploration. However, once in a while some of the videos contain something a bit, off...

In this particular Youtube channel, the maker exclusively explores abandoned mines. The guy has nearly 200,000 subscribers and almost 16,000,000 total views on his channel. He has over 140 videos, and this is one of the only ones that has anything to do with what could be something paranormal (but even in the video he doesn't directly state he believes it was paranormal or mentions it at all)

The sound begins at 12:10. Let me know what you think...

The ghost of Slytherin perhaps?!?

I woulda loaded my pants when I heard that.

This guy goes in them places alone?

Nah, that's not natural.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf
Nice work Gemwolf I had the guts to listen to it again, things like that creep me out ever since I recorded something weird almost like voices on an app that records sounds when you sleep. Maybe I just need to man up

I'm presuming it's my brain trying to make out words from your edited recordings from the video but a part of it almost sounds like someone is saying 'turn around' that's the only possible words (if it's a ghostly voice) that I can hear. Although I'm almost sure it's just random noises. The mind plays amazing tricks on you

Out of curiosity why don't you want to comment. You don't have to answer that though

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
I amplified the sound for your convenience.

The process:
I took the clip from the 12:00 mark and converted it to MP3. The wave looked like this:

I then took all the "quiet" bits (where he doesn't speak but the sound can be heard) and copied it to a new clip and amplified it x 30db.

Which resulted in a wave that looked like this:

I then amplified the parts where the sound could be heard the best (which were only a couple of seconds) another x10db and then amplified that another x 10db with a hard limit to avoid distortion.

So what you'll hear is all the quiet bits end-to-end, silence, the noises end-to-end amplified x 10 db, silence and again amplified x10 db.
Visually:

The sound:

I'm not going to comment right now, so ya'll can make up your own minds.

Out of pure curiosity and the standard cliché, could you post an audio clip of the same thing played backwards?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i have considered something, I know several users have stated the YouTube channel seems legit. Just questioning would this guy go to the lengths of having someone else down there with him or have something being played through a portable stereo to play this sounds to make the video to gain subscribers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join