It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have a **duty** to deny ***Refuge*** to evil people who refuse to change.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sorry if this is wrong thread. But considering many Western Nations are Christians by population.

I think are ignoring an important teaching in Christianity with concern of events as of late:

2 John 1:9-11
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

This would obviously imply many of our politicians and the Pope as being wicked...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

So much for the parable of the Good Samaritan, or not throwing the first stone.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No we don't.
IT'S OUR PLACE not to...once they prove to be philistines and hostile THEN he get the rifle.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I don't even know why this has to take a religious slant.

It's just common sense to not invite a serial killer inside.

So where are you going with this?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Who is John?

I thought we were discussing christians, not johnians..

What was christs words on the subject?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So ...if anyone does not believe as you do then ....

They Are Evil

Typical religious BS.

My sky god is the real one. Exterminate!

P

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

And what was it that Jesus taught?

"Judge not."

So, if you are commanded by Jesus to not judge, how can you judge who is evil and who is not?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

"Judge not."

So, if you are commanded by Jesus to not judge, how can you judge who is evil and who is not?

John trumps Jesus in christianity.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

This would obviously imply many of our politicians and the Pope as being wicked...

Can we burn them like witches. You seem to have it all figured out. Lead us oh wise one from the Tractor world.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
And we really should not help them go to hell by being compassionate.

Matt Walsh: Dear Christians, there’s nothing ‘compassionate’ about helping people get to Hell

I received this email yesterday. The subject line, as you could guess, was “Compassion”:

Matt, you call yourself a Christian but you have no compassion. The Jesus I believe in just wants people to be compassionate towards each other. We are not told to be judgmental to others because of who they love or what lifestyle they choose to have or what gender they identify as. Who are you to say what is wrong or right? We shouldn’t be focused on talking about “sin” or telling other people that they might be going to Hell. You have no right to say what a “sin” is. Our job is to be compassionate to all! Compassionate isn’t when you’re judging or telling other people about their sins. I pray that you realize the error of your ways.

Interesting thoughts he had on the email and certain words associated with christians.

www.theblaze.com...

ETA; yeah, Pope and politicians and peoples get so many things wrong.
edit on 5 4 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

This would obviously imply many of our politicians

John 1:9-11 whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son

Are you insinuating the Bush's planned 911

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Thankfully America isn't run by religious dogma. If you are Christian and think it's your "duty" to deny aid to these people then by all means don't invite them into your home.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
2 John 1:9-11
Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God

So break it down
"Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ"
Continue is the word, talking about ex christians or those who do not disseminate the teachings of Christ correctly

"does not have God"
Is not a christian, that doesnt mean we hate them. Just acknowledge they are not christian, irrelevant what they think or say.

It just calls for caution in relation to who christians associate and fellowship with

Lets look at context shall we, more than just say a couple of lines

6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Should I break that down, seems easy enough to understand

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Kali74

"Judge not."

John trumps Jesus in christianity.

i thought that was paul?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't think "teachings of Christ" means Bible study. His teachings were to love others and be kind. That does more good for people than pushing religion on them. These kind of churches we think of today as "Christianity" are symbolic at best.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I doubt too many politicians or the Pope is beating down your door looking for a place to stay so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

If you're talking about them bringing people into their homes and helping them, why don't you mind your own damn business??

If you're talking about politicians helping refugees or people in need, that's what people are supposed to do to help each other out. Unless of course you're talking about Christians and I guess according to you Christians aren't supposed to help people that aren't also Christians. Boy the teaching of Christianity sure have become screwed up over time.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior
I don't think "teachings of Christ" means Bible study. His teachings were to love others and be kind. That does more good for people than pushing religion on them. These kind of churches we think of today as "Christianity" are symbolic at best.

symbolic like giving money at sunday service as a gesture of penance you mean?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You atheists, always so interested in other people's money.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Care to elaborate on that a little more coherently? How did you get from a Bible verse, of all things, that the Pope is "wicked"? I'll give you a solid 80/20 on the wicked politicians...despite the fact that they're not mentioned in your little Bible passages either. Politicians predominantly suck. But I'd sure be curious to know what part of that quote took you to the realm where the Bible "obviously" implies that the Pope is wicked. That's one hell of a plot twist...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreInterior
a reply to: TzarChasm

You atheists, always so interested in other people's money.

That's funny because I'm pretty sure it's the Church who wants everyone to give up their money to the Church.

Where are the Atheists asking for Donations???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join