It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHL playoffs 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Mark my words. The Edmonton Oilers are returning to former glory this year. My beloved Kings fired head coach and hopefully this will stop the crash and burn; or maybe it's too late.

Not too excited about any teams right now. I'm hoping to see an Oilers vs. Capitals final. Both teams deserve a cup more than anyone.

Hooray for the underdogs! Let's go Oy-lurs!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry, being from Toronto I am a die hard Leafs fan. And now that they are out, I don't watch hockey anymore

In other sad news, my Raptors are down 0-2 to the Cavs.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's generally how every season goes with me. As soon as LA is on vacation I stop watching. This is the first time I'm rooting for another team.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Once the B's got the shoot, I didn't have anyone to root for and once the Habs lost I didn't have anyone to root against. But given the cheap shots on Crosby, I don't want to see the Caps win. Oilers would be interesting, tons of young talent there.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Crosby's been a dirty player lately. No sympathy there. What goes around comes around.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
unlike most i only watch sports when a Canadian team is in the playoffs...

Jays suck this year..

Raptors are gonna crash and burn to the Cavs just like last year

So heres hopeing one of the two teams bring home the cup this year

Ye figure we invented the damn sport... we should win once in a while

ffs

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm thinking the Pens are gonna repeat...

They won tonight on goaltending. When the Pen's offense is clicking, and their goalies are playing well... damned tough to beat.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Probably gonna get flamed for this post but I am lost without my beloved Red Wings in the playoffs.
Strange not to see them in but they have been on the downslide the last few years, so it's not a total surprise.
GM Kenny Holland is past his prime I think, he really didn't have a plan to keep them in contention.
Giving all those long term contracts to what amounts to 3rd liners on most teams and to a goalie (Howard) who never proved a thing in net.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Nashville will be in the finals after they take it to 7 with the Ducks.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks that Washington's Great 8 will finish his NHL career without a Stanley Cup. He's a one dimensional player. I am not a Crosby fan....but you have to give the man his due.....he simply makes those he plays with better players. He creates his own offense, Great 8 does not. I myself am wishing for that all Canada final.........Ottawa versus Edmonton. But more than likely will watch, Pitt versus Anaheim......my damn Canes need to sign Scott Darling and wrap him up for a few years and let Eddie Lack slide on off to Vegas.....Ward will retire after this season.....mark my words.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Mark my words. The Edmonton Oilers are returning to former glory this year. My beloved Kings fired head coach and hopefully this will stop the crash and burn; or maybe it's too late.

Not too excited about any teams right now. I'm hoping to see an Oilers vs. Capitals final. Both teams deserve a cup more than anyone.

Hooray for the underdogs! Let's go Oy-lurs!

www.youtube.com...

IMHO the Oilers are done like dinner,and will be out in 6 games.

No offense....unstable inexperienced defense....San Jose Model collapse defense which is now outdated so much even SJ doesnt use it anymore....lol......a starting Goalie who cannot stay on his feet and defend his glove-side at the same time...zero to no 2ndary or tertiary scoring.......lol....an inconsistant PP.......very poor team discipline ...current disrespect of and battle with NHL Officials....nope the Oilers are done IMHO.

I am guessing a Blues vs Pens final.....MPS/Yakupov vs Justin Schultz.....for a little Oil flavor.
edit on 4-5-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Jays suck this year..

ffs

y

You suck this year.

Donaladson, Happ, Tulowitzki, Sanchez all on the DL.
That's huge and probobly why they are struggling, but I will never tolerate a bad word about the Jays.

Please sit on a tack

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Routing for my hometown Sens tonight.
Hopefully as was mentioned,we can bring the cup back to Canada...if its Edmonton vs Ottawa,its a major win for me.
As long as one of us brings it home,I'll be happy.

Right now in this house....we are all routing for both Canadian teams.

The Sens did A LOT better than anyone thought they would...they gave us a great season and a good post season so far.

Good luck for all your teams peeps.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I lived in NY in 93 when Montreal beat the Islanders in the Eastern Conference final that year....I had a t-shirt back then that said........The Devils Suck.....But The Rangers Swallow...Go Islanders!! I loathe the Rangers and I'm putting my mojo into helping Ottawa oust the Blueshirts. I've never seen an all Canadian final.....I would love too, as I see the teams fans being just damn rabid. That's an atmosphere I would love to be part of. I was in the arena in 2005 when the Canes won the Cup...It was awesome. Hope Ottawa does the deed. a reply to: DrumsRfun

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EllisColin

originally posted by: Akragon

Jays suck this year..

ffs

y

You suck this year.

Donaladson, Happ, Tulowitzki, Sanchez all on the DL.
That's huge and probobly why they are struggling, but I will never tolerate a bad word about the Jays.

Please sit on a tack

Well get used to it bud...

worst team in baseball atm...

suck it up buttercup

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Rangers up 3 - nil at the end of the second.

Good stuff!

Series tied with Edmonton. I had them taking it all when asked at the start of the playoffs. Not so sure anymore.

D@mn basketball fans here at the ale house have friggin NBA on... grrrrr.

to hockey!!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Crosby's been a dirty player lately. No sympathy there. What goes around comes around.

I lost the little respect I had for that punk when he blew a snot rocket into his hand before shaking Lindstroms hand.
I hate that punk. That said, hes pretty good at hockey.

ANYONE BUT THE PENGUINS AND IM HAPPY

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Are you sure about The Blues?!?!?!

For somebody who came off as an arrogant expert--perhaps you hadn't seen they're facing elimination.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

No offense

Ducks are getting slammed tonight.

All your horses are looking like losers so far.

Go, Oilers, GO!

Even if they lose it in game 7, that's hardly "done for dinner."

edit on 6-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

No offense

Ducks are getting slammed tonight.

All your horses are looking like losers so far.

Go, Oilers, GO!

Even if they lose it in game 7, that's hardly "done for dinner."

worst game i've seen in... forever

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join