It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Queen's household is called to 'highly unusual' emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace tod

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Just so it's on record, you're saying this story is non-existent. Fair!

If it is real though, you're going to be the dunce here. If it turns out, it's ALL speculation, then I will admit I am a dunce and I will proclaim the dailymail as the dailyfail. Fair enough?

What I won't do, however, is deny the fact that this was hyped from the get go, and it's not just me who bought it. This story is all over the internet and the dailymail is not the only one talking about it. I think the OP has an element of truth to it. Why?? Because the MSM has come out and down-played it in general terms without denying that this "highly unusual" event has occurred. This is what people are sick of. If the "dailymail" caused this hype, then I will scrutinize them from here on out.

Think more critically and be less of a D-bag. For future reference.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Just so it's on record, you're saying this story is non-existent. Fair!

If it is real though, you're going to be the dunce here. If it turns out, it's ALL speculation, then I will admit I am a dunce and I will proclaim the dailymail as the dailyfail. Fair enough?

What I won't do, however, is deny the fact that this was hyped from the get go, and it's not just me who bought it. This story is all over the internet and the dailymail is not the only one talking about it. I think the OP has an element of truth to it. Why?? Because the MSM has come out and down-played it in general terms without denying that this "highly unusual" event has occurred. This is what people are sick of. If the "dailymail" caused this hype, then I will scrutinize them from here on out.

Think more critically and be less of a D-bag. For future reference.

They have been called to a meeting. That is true, that is all.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

That's pretty much the meat of the story though.

I am NOT from England, but the "highly unusual" part has some ears perked.

Sorry if that offends you. I'm sure you would be just as interested and/or concerned if a similar event happened in the U.S., only to find out that it was suddenly a "normal" thing. It would probably leave you confused, and in my case highly annoyed and frustrated at the dis-info going on.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

That's pretty much the meat of the story though.

I am NOT from England, but the "highly unusual" part has some ears perked.

Its called a 'click bait headline'

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

If it turns out to be nothing then I will come back later and shame myself while admitting I fell for click-bait in a moment of dunce-ness while also proclaiming I have no more respect for the daily-fail.

I enjoy being wrong, because I hate making the same mistakes twice.

For now? I have to sleep. Work soon.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Announcement in the next hour according to Sky who are speculating it concerns the health of either HM or The Duke.

ETA Prince Phillip will no longer carry out public engagements from this autumn. Seems the old boy isn't up to it anymore.
edit on 27pThu, 04 May 2017 04:07:27 -050020172017-05-04T04:07:27-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: addendum

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If you want live updates you can check out The Telegraph...

The Union Jack is still flying full mast for the moment.

Hoping that this may put a stop to all this "WHO IS DEAD" taurine genital apparatus and what-not currently being babbered about here and on other social media :

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The latest is this :

The Duke of Edinburgh, who is 95, will no longer carry out public engagements from the autumn of this year, Buckingham Palace has announced. The Palace said in a statement it was the Duke's decision taken with the support of the Queen. It comes after The Queen's most senior aides summoned her entire household to an emergency meeting this morning.

Not bad for a 96 year old... (This August)

Warmest

Lags
edit on 4-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Word added

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Prince Philip is retiring from official dutys at the end of the year.

So dunce much?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Sky news now reporting the meeting in the palace will start at 10 & the press will be briefed afterwards, announcement to be made in an hour or so, also sky news are just hearing that it may be related to members of the royal family. Prince Philip is stepping down from royal engagements from Autumn according to breaking news sky alert

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I do wonder though why household staff from all residences need to be recalled to London just to be told Prince Phillip is stepping down from official duties after Autumn?

Unless of course it's a regular staff meeting.

Which begs the question why the "11th hour request"?

Bah!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Queen’s husband Prince Philip to end public engagements from autumn – Buckingham Palace www.rt.com...

From RT just now

Might be related?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Sounds legit. I see other sources saying the same.

I'll wear the dunce hat now. I also denounce daily-fail for sensationalizing. That actually pisses me off. It should everyone.

You win, bro!

Goodnight.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Which begs the question why the "11th hour request"?

Bah!

Because this is UK Royal protocol and always has been.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Is there a source stipulating that as royal protocol? (not annual staff meetings)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
According to Sky News Prince Philip is stepping down from royal duties. He is 96.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have just wondered whether the short notice could of been for security reasons ? Given the attack and planned attack in London. Maybe it was determined that public knowledge of such a big gathering could be targeted, and we have had a lot of arrests recently of people planning terror attacks. There could be a lot we are unaware of and never will

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Is there a source stipulating that as royal protocol? (not annual staff meetings)

Not really as far as I know but this is how things have been done for yonks and yonks...

The Royal household probably have SOPS (Standard operating procedures) that I am sure are not available to the general public.

I did find this though if it can be of any help? : www.kent-lieutenancy.org.uk...

Look at ther bottom of the page, I am sure you can find some info, if not contact them! (details for contact are there)

Warmest

Lags
edit on 4-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Staycurious

That is actually a possibility too!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
As officially reported in the news on this side of the pond in Canada:

Queen Elizabeth II's husband, Prince Philip, will stop carrying out public engagements this fall, Buckingham Palace announced Thursday.

The palace said in a statement that Philip, who is 95, has the full support of the queen in his decision. He will continue heading numerous charitable organizations but will not play an active role attending engagements.

There's also a copy of the official written announcement from Buckingham at my link below:

CBC News

Unfortunately because of their ages, I think this "so and so is dead" rumour stuff is going to be a regular ongoing thing now.

I'm not looking forward to the day when the rumour actually turns out to be true. Lilibet has been queen throughout my entire life (50 years) and it will undoubtedly break my heart when she does finally pass.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Bloody foreigners... coming over here.. marrying the queen. When will this end.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join