It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Queen's household is called to 'highly unusual' emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace tod

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oh well, maybe tomorrow morning at eight their time we will have an announcement as to what is happening.
edit on 3-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Is that different from the twitter update saying NZ news stating that no one died because ''they havent heard different?''

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Is that different from the twitter update saying NZ news stating that no one died because ''they havent heard different?''

Dunno.. just thought I would post it. People can decide for themselves what to make of it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It is believed that if Philip were to die in the night, the news would not be announced by Buckingham Palace until after 8 a.m. The BBC would be informed first, and tasked with making the official announcement.

2015 article from Daily Beast "What happens when Prince Philip dies?"

I think the source of speculation on Prince Philip can be seen above - and the announcement to be made from this meeting at 8am local time.

Still nothing by BBC. Which I must stress is odd.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Queen Elizabeth passed away in her sleep on Wednesday afternoon after becoming “increasingly frail in recent weeks following a recurrence of a bad chest infection,” according to a Buckingham Palace source.

Prince Charles and Princess Anne were at Buckingham Palace with the Queen at the time of her passing, according to the source, who also confirmed Prince Charles will ascend to the throne:

“There will be a meeting of the Accession Council this evening or maybe tomorrow to proclaim the accession of Prince Charles as the King. His coronation will be held late in the year after a suitable mourning period.”

different spin coming out...

yournewswire.com...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

At this point, 'news' agencies are just gambling on headlines trying to get clicks. When there's any comment from the Royal Family it won't be a NZ source nor a 'news' site that gets the scoop. It will go to all the major news networks and papers around the world at the same time.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I saw that earlier - can't help but feel thats clickbait

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Stories are coming out of the woodwork, who knows at this point. By the hours end we should have something.

royalcentral.co.uk...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just want to add our national broadcaster (in Australia) the ABC are also silent on this. Not even a whiff of "intense online speculation today regarding Buckingham Palace" and so forth.

Nothing from ABC or BBC. Any other national broadcasters in the Commonwealth also not reporting this?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

You'd think there'd be something on the ABC.... considering we're a part of the commonwealth and it's our national broadcaster..

zip.. not even a mention. not even in the ticker..

ABC's been awful slow (and getting slower) these past few years. 7/9 and what's left of 10 will break it before they do.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Whats funny about this...I'm actually more on edge and more closely interested in this development than I was the election. The election was simply choosing which way America wanted to lose. But the possible death of a monarch or her consort that have lasted through 12 presidencies....., and outlived 7 of those presidents....now that's pretty significant...figurehead or not.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
There is suppose to be an announcement at 8am (1am cst for the US). So about 1 hour 15 minutes from now.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It's about 6:50am in London... so you've got another hour or so buddy!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

It's about 6:50am in London... so you've got another hour or so buddy!

My bad - post updated.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
To oz and nz I can't see how it matters either way what has happened and who has passed. The monarchy us a dying thing way down here,we hold a union jack on our flag,just in the top left corner though.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
To oz and nz I can't see how it matters either way what has happened and who has passed. The monarchy us a dying thing way down here,we hold a union jack on our flag,just in the top left corner though.

I'm A,American, and the Monarchy was never anything to us here officially. But for me, that's not the point.

The U.K. Monarchy is one of the few remaining in the world and the most well known, and perhaps, significant one. Any changes to the family are pretty serious stuff, regardless.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Serious for who? We donated a 10th of our population to wars we were dragged into,monarchy's are out dated over here to be honest.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

It's largely a symbolic thing to us, i think. Like kali's earlier post about feeling comforted by her presence in the world.
I don't know if it was A Thing in NZ but we had a referendum in Aus about a decade ago on whether to secede from the commonwealth.
i was a rebellious young thing then and fully expected to see the country jump at the chance to cut that dead weight from around our necks, or similarly reckless teenage thought patterns, but the thing that has stuck with me from it over the years was how many everyday australians turned out to be staunch monarchists underneath.
turns out people like safety, and above all people like continuity, even if it's utterly symbolic.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

I don't want to go into my own beliefs and what not in the nitty gritty (and reasons for) but I will say that the monarchy is an enduring symbol of the people and culture for at least the last two millennia, regardless of who sits on the throne or '''sponges off the taxpayer'' .

I will also add here that for anyone lurking about to post a snarky response, if someone has died, show a little respect in the very least.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Whats funny about this...I'm actually more on edge and more closely interested in this development than I was the election. The election was simply choosing which way America wanted to lose. But the possible death of a monarch or her consort that have lasted through 12 presidencies....., and outlived 7 of those presidents....now that's pretty significant...figurehead or not.

I know what you mean, I am trying to stay awake until 3AM here to find out if they say something.
I remember when Princess Diana was killed, the girl I was dating at the time was very upset about it.
She said she watched her wedding on TV when she was a little girl and wanted to be just like her.
Even though the they belong to the U.K., the Royal Family has followers here in the USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join