It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 100 days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So the bailouts never happened? The numerous tax subsidies that go to these companies Mean nothing? Now they want Massive tax cuts that will save them billions between taking down the corporate tax, 35% is a bit high but going down to 15% is ludicrous, and the cutting of the estate tax. Which the average American will pay for by the cutting of government programs, that are meant to help the average American. Seriously though how does anyone expect him to put his trillion dollar infrastructure plan into action if they have no money to do it with? As any benefit to cutting taxes will take years to manifest if at all

I did not mean progressive in the political sense. We need more educated forward thinkers. Who want to move forward rather than stay stuck in the past. Not to mention well educated, highly employed citizens don't need welfare. So I say instead of bringing the middle class down as the current WH resident seems intent on doing. I say we give everyone a fair chance at a good education in order to bring up the middle and lower classes . In order to end their reliance on welfare for good.
edit on 4-5-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

The bailout you're speaking of involved 972 recipient companies and institutions. The largest recipients were Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and those aren't exactly private corporations. Neither should have existed in the first place (thanks FDR... for nothing.) and both should have been allowed to die years ago. The rest of the recipients should have been allowed to fail in 2008. On that issue, we agree. That said, the tax rates you're complaining about, there are 1.6 million "C" corporations in the US. 100% of them are impacted by the corporate tax rates, whereas 0.006% of them took part in the TARP bailout. Let's stop the disingenuousness of throwing the corporate bailouts into the ring everytime corporations are discussed in general. If you want to go into a discussion about one of the specific corporations that took part in TARP, then by all means, fire away and I'm right there with you... but you're casting far too wide of a net when you try to classify them all together.

The estate tax is criminal in most cases. I can understand taxing uncapitalized net gains remaining in an account at the time of death, as that money hasn't yet been taxed. (and when I say I understand, I don't mean I agree with it, but at least it is defensible under the present system) but the estate tax taxes money and assets that have already been taxed, that's bullcrap.

I'd be more sympathetic to the education issue if it wasn't so brutally obvious that throwing more money at the problem coupled with the disasterpiece that is the NEA has woefully failed. The nation desperately needs to pass a national right to work law and break the teachers unions to allow results-based, merit based employment decisions. If Mrs. Sitsandstands' continued employment was dependent on the success of her students, we'd have WELL educated young people in this country. Instead we have educational failures teaching future failures while wearing a golden parachute that saves their job thanks to no qualification beyond "I'm union and I have seniority, so I can't be fired for failure."

I sure don't see this administration "bringing down" the middle class, man. I see them removing the glass ceiling while simultaneously removing the floor, which is very fair in my opinion. You can either fly or you can fall, but the choice is entirely on the individual AS ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF THAT CHOICE. That's important to me... we have to stop socializing failure and making natural consequences fall solely on where they belong: the shoulders of each individual.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

The guy who caved in to Hillary's cheating has an opinion?

Does anyone care?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The problem with public and/ or pre college education is that an alarming amount of kids are just not interested in being educated. I grew up around it and dealt with first hand after a sports injury took away any chance of me going pro. No matter how good a teacher is. It can be almost impossible to get some kids motivated to take school seriously. Whether it be because the kids are having problems at home, parents are to busy working to invest the proper time to make sure they get their work done, the parents are just plain bad whether it's because of drugs, age, or the parents own up bringing, kids that would rather cheat than do the work, kids that are told their whole lives that they will never amount to anything, kids that are ridiculed for actually trying to make an effort resulting in the too cool for school stygma that is running rampant throughout most schools, rural areas where the parents are more concerned with their kids working as they think the schools are evil, kids That know if they do bad enough they will be put into remedial classes and are given 6th grade work.

I Could go on and on but as you can see the blame can hardly be put on teachers, but more a mixture of cultural influence through media over the years i.e. squares vs greasers, jocks vs. Nerds, and so on. As well it is now the cool thing to be a social media wh*re and/ or a gangster.

Not to mention that is all an entirely different issue and something that free college education could fix. if implemented properly (must have a 3.0 gpa, good attendance, high G.E.D. scores, and so on) only those interested and capable of furthering their education will be able to. Thus providing an incentive for those in school to do better. Which will allow for more innovation and the expansion and creation of new industries.

edit on 5-5-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
So the bailouts never happened? The numerous tax subsidies that go to these companies Mean nothing? Now they want Massive tax cuts that will save them billions between taking down the corporate tax, 35% is a bit high but going down to 15% is ludicrous, and the cutting of the estate tax. Which the average American will pay for by the cutting of government programs, that are meant to help the average American. Seriously though how does anyone expect him to put his trillion dollar infrastructure plan into action if they have no money to do it with? As any benefit to cutting taxes will take years to manifest if at all

Trumps supporters claim these tax cuts will generate 5% economic growth and result in 3 trillion in additional revenue over 10 years. So that's 300 billion per year. Corporate taxes make up 11% of federal revenue so about 330 billion per year.

That means these taxes will place an additional 30 billion in revenue on the backs of people.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
The estate tax is criminal in most cases. I can understand taxing uncapitalized net gains remaining in an account at the time of death, as that money hasn't yet been taxed. (and when I say I understand, I don't mean I agree with it, but at least it is defensible under the present system) but the estate tax taxes money and assets that have already been taxed, that's bullcrap.

America is not a land of aristocracies and generational wealth. Estate taxes prevent such things from taking place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join