It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump paves way for Sharia Law federally

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: SaturnFX
Well, I have always felt bringing prayer, and maybe those viscous nuns with paddles back into the school system could help reign in the next generation of delinquents and maybe even reverse the worsening culture of the youth that degenerates to new lows every generation.

If it goes according to plan and the Sec of Education lady pulls some hail mary's in school policies, maybe, just maybe we can start bringing respect and discipline back into the school system. This would be a grand benefit to society and future generations would hopefully become more respectful and disciplined in time for the impending super automation era in industry.

I can't really comment much more until an actual policy/EO is presented to the public. None of which has actually happened yet.
Can I get a hell yea! This is needed, I am so sick of young and dumb punks!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Naturallywired
Bro! already posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This isn't discussing the focus of that thread, this is specifically about Trump taking away layers to seperate religion from policy.

Any thoughts on that btw?

Hmm... I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand, I think religion & politics should keep the current separation. On the other hand, I absolutely hate the potential double standards. So if one religion can do it, all should be able to. And if one religion can't, then none should be able to. I'll have to keep an eye on stuff like this from now on.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HOW can there BE Sharia law in America when we will combat any effort up to and including using a bullet?

When EVERYONE carries a gun, the people you seek to shoot down will simply fire back.

If your idea is so sound, how is it that there has been no decisive win in the Middle East where Islam comes from?

In fact, the polar opposite has happened. They (Islamic Middle Easterns) have brought the fight to our doorsteps with acts of terror.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Naturallywired
Bro! already posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This isn't discussing the focus of that thread, this is specifically about Trump taking away layers to seperate religion from policy.

Any thoughts on that btw?

Hmm... I'm a bit torn on this. On one hand, I think religion & politics should keep the current separation. On the other hand, I absolutely hate the potential double standards. So if one religion can do it, all should be able to. And if one religion can't, then none should be able to. I'll have to keep an eye on stuff like this from now on.

I think it would be wise for people who are cheering for the idea of "nuns back in schools" to consider your point of view. As a muslim, you are wanting equal representation.
Imagine the mental s*%tfit the right would have if a imam was beside the nun caining a kid...hey, religion in the public sector, go team.

Personally, as a agnostic/atheist, I value the secular society we have and dont want either. I want principles taught, not preachers swat...but hey, thats just be. I am not a big fan of dark age religions pushed on kids by state paid representatives.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

When you have a state with multiple religions (like everywhere these days) one needs to keep the rule of the land independent of religion.

Every religion thinks it is the right one and wants to dominate. We have seen what happens in the ME when Islam forms purist states. And the results are about as far from the original intention of religion as one can get. Fundamental Christians in the USA are just as bad with what they want to do too.

So, moderate and secular government that allows every religion to exist but within a framework of human rights that ensures extremism of any kind can never flourish is the way forward.
edit on 3-5-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well, I have always felt bringing prayer, and maybe those viscous nuns with paddles back into the school system could help reign in the next generation of delinquents

Okay, so you are FOR state sponsored religion. gotcha

I see no potential for epic disaster here.

its east the mats must face, right?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Just remember, it's not my religion or my political "side" that's pushing this stuff. I'm convinced that all of the "creeping Sharia" talk is really just a diversion so we won't pay attention to their efforts to push their own religious views onto everyone else.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

When you have a state with multiple religions (like everywhere these days) one needs to keep the rule of the land independent of religion.

Every religion thinks it is the right one and wants to dominate. We have seen what happens in the ME when Islam forms purist states. And the results are about as far from the original intention of religion as one can get. Fundamental Christians in the USA are just as bad with what they want to do too.

So, moderate and secular government that allows every religion to exist but within a framework of human rights that ensures extremism of any kind can never flourish is the way forward.

Bingo
The only way to explain to the neos is that the religion you are thinking is going to be the top dog isn't necessarily the case.
Its funny, put a thread on how state X is making bills to reject religious law (if islamic) and they cheer..then say Trump is accepting religious to influence law (not even stating which religion..just all) and they cheer...absolutely no reflection going on here.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Just remember, it's not my religion or my political "side" that's pushing this stuff. I'm convinced that all of the "creeping Sharia" talk is really just a diversion so we won't pay attention to their efforts to push their own religious views onto everyone else.

I agree 100%
I am just speaking in the panic tones they will comprehend to see what short sited nonsense they are about to become a dittohead for.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I agree that there should be that separation. But I also think that if the separation is lifted, all of us should get an equal hand in it. After all, American Muslims vote, pay taxes, work, and live here too. The same goes for American Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Satanists, etc. But like I just said to Saturn, remember that it's not my religion or political "side" that's pushing this stuff.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The Godless have had it their way in the US education system for more than half a century now. All it has brought is lower standards, very reduced and downright pathetic academic standards, debauchery and corruption of generations of youth, and a disregard for the loyalty to our country. I mean, once they killed he pledge from being mandatory, it just got worse and worse.

Its time to bring God back, whether it be a nuns and preachers, imam's, rabbis or monks. A return to God is a return to discipline, something very lacking in the last fifty years of Godless education.
Just for the record, I frequently try to dissuade others from generalizing Islam. My experience has taught me, there are a lot more crazy fundamentalist Christians here than Muslims. Never have any of he dozen plus Muslims I have been acquainted with told me I will burn in hell fire unless I accept Mohamed, or Jesus Christ in my heart as the everlasting savior.

its funny, Im not even really a Christian. I just really enjoy the regular ones out there and the church environment I find to be very positive. Lately, I have been seeking the guidance of a Buddhists for balance and harmony. I feel like the official Christian story is just too linear, and frankly I believe that many parts of the bible essentially prove the arrival of advanced star traveling civilizations.
edit on 5-3-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

On one hand, I think religion & politics should keep the current separation. On the other hand, I absolutely hate the potential double standards. So if one religion can do it, all should be able to. And if one religion can't, then none should be able to.

You are spot on.

People need to really wake up to what is happening.

If a religious organization or business can then fail to serve (discriminate) based upon sexual orientation, etc, then this should also make it equally legal and right for a Muslim business to refuse to serve or sell to Christians, and Christians to Muslims, etc.

I'm sure many people here would throw a fit if this language extended to allow a Muslim business or entity to refuse a Christian, and they likely *would* cry "Sharia is descending upon us!" while not recognizing their own hypocritical double standard in supporting this. The EO (even though only an EO) doesn't single out Christians as being able to do this, so it must apply to ALL religions (or none at all), or else it's religious favoritism, or non-secularism.

This is not the America we know or want.

We are not a theocracy.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: markosity1973

I agree that there should be that separation. But I also think that if the separation is lifted, all of us should get an equal hand in it. After all, American Muslims vote, pay taxes, work, and live here too. The same goes for American Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Satanists, etc. But like I just said to Saturn, remember that it's not my religion or political "side" that's pushing this stuff.

You and the moderate Muslims are the silent majority who are simply hiding away while the debates about radical Islam rages on. Thankyou for speaking up.

And I agree, moderate Islam is no threat. It's on par with all other mainstream religion.

This bill opens up two streams of threat, not one.

The first is creeping Islamic radicalism combined with Sharia law (which all the Trump supporters are blind to) and the second is Christian fundamentalism (which they are all cheering for) Neither are desirable in a multicultural society as both are far too monochrome and resistant to diversity.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Another phony story with zero sources.

LOL who's bright idea is this?

They probably got the idea from you considering the absence of your propoganda-riddled posts as of late!

link   

HOW can there BE Sharia law in America when we will combat any effort up to and including using a bullet?

When EVERYONE carries a gun, the people you seek to shoot down will simply fire back.

If your idea is so sound, how is it that there has been no decisive win in the Middle East where Islam comes from?

In fact, the polar opposite has happened. They (Islamic Middle Easterns) have brought the fight to our doorsteps with acts of terror.

Well just take a long and good look at the outcry when Trump used the MOAB to destroy vital parts of the vast Daesh tunnel network. He got blasted from all sides because it was overkill. They want Daesh gone but when it comes to using ordinance who can disrupt there infastructure they all cry like little whiny pussies. That's why nothing gets done in the first place. Daesh is the scum of the earth. Trump could have leveled the whole area with a neutron bomb for all i care. The gloves have to come off at some point. Radical religious zealots have no human rights. They kill 10 innocents we kill 100 Daesh soldiers. FFS terrorists understand only one language and that's a bullet to the head. The time to argue or negotiate with them is over.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

I think they're banking on the fact that there are more Christians here than any other religious or nonreligious group. So strictly going by the numbers, they probably think it's ok because their religion will benefit more than others.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The Godless have had it their way in the US education system for more than half a century now. All it has brought is lower standards, very reduced and downright pathetic academic standards, debauchery and corruption of generations of youth, and a disregard for the loyalty to our country. I mean, once they killed he pledge from being mandatory, it just got worse and worse.

Its time to bring God back, whether it be a nuns and preachers, imam's, rabbis or monks. A return to God is a return to discipline, something very lacking in the last fifty years of Godless education.

The Founding Fathers of America were not religious men (at least in the sense of dragontales like Adam and Even & 72 virgins).

You should read a history book sometime.

The Founding Fathers were rebellious, slave-owning, hemp-smoking, "deep thinking," regular dudes - for the most part (although some conspiracies say differently).

This nation never has - and never will be - a "insert religion here," nation.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No thanks. Dont need middle eastern war deities being forced on young minds.
Thats for the parents to decide.
You can find the joys and religious utopia somewhere else. I imagine Saudi Arabia might fit your desires just about right.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Well just take a long and good look at the outcry when Trump used the MOAB to destroy vital parts of the vast Daesh tunnel network. He got blasted from all sides because it was overkill. They want Daesh gone but when it comes to using ordinance who can disrupt there infastructure they all cry like little whiny pussies. That's why nothing gets done in the first place. Daesh is the scum of the earth. Trump could have leveled the whole area with a neutron bomb for all i care. The gloves have to come off at some point. Radical religious zealots have no human rights. They kill 10 innocents we kill 100 Daesh soldiers. FFS terrorists understand only one language and that's a bullet to the head. The time to argue or negotiate with them is over.

You are talking a different topic to what I was replying to.

The poster I replied to inferred that citizens on US soil could simply shoot the Islamic radicals.

I simply pointed out that when you have constitutional right for everyone to carry arms, it is not going to be a one sided fight.

As for stamping out ISIS, DAESH, Boko Haram and all those other terribe Islamic radical groups, in overseas territory where the USA is engaged in combat with them, I am 100% onboard with what you say.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: SirHardHarry

I think they're banking on the fact that there are more Christians here than any other religious or nonreligious group. So strictly going by the numbers, they probably think it's ok because their religion will benefit more than others.

And they are likely correct; the Christian majority is very loud and very influential (and want to be mostly singular), and that is the problem.

Unfortunately, they do not see the larger issue (which I mentioned) or the severity of the potential problems it would create, problems which they themselves are vocally against (or else they don't care, they just want "their" way).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join