It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of Stephen Colbert

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Political correctness is a cancer, and we're watching it devour the host in real time.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Go Steven , keep brining that fire, may his viewer ship burst the atmosphere, BTW how sad that a woman is being prosecuted for laughing at Jeff sessions. Can't look tellerson in the eyes if you work at the state department..

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just exactly WHAT is absurd pointing that EVERYONE on tv have signed contracts.

They guarantee pay, and limits actions that reflect badly on their employers.

EVERYONE.

So move the hell on.

Honestly I think people misunderstood you. I think you were saying "if"' he had a behavior clause
In his contract, not that you had special, actual knowledge of Colbert's specific contract.

Is that true? Did I get that one right???

Well of course now that you mention it, that's totally what was meant. Yup. Mmhhm.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"new guy"? Conan's been hosting talk shows non-stop for 24 years...god damn you're ancient lol

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

I compare everyone to Carson.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm anti trump, I don't find Colbert funny really, but it is hilarious seeing all the "butthurt snowflake" alt right crying about people using free speech about their Dear Leader. Sad!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
I'm anti trump, I don't find Colbert funny really, but it is hilarious seeing all the "butthurt snowflake" alt right crying about people using free speech about their Dear Leader. Sad!

i agree. at the same time i can kinda understand. anytime someone on the right has anything bad come out about them whether true or not they are instantly calling for them to be fired and they have succeeded many times. just look at milo. so while i dont think colbert should be fired either i can see why they want the same exact standards upheld when its someone on the left.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I just find it interesting that Colbert can make a clearly homophobic remark, and the progressive sjw's don't raise hell over it. Its become apparent that anything goes for the anti Trump crowd.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: babyfacebill

That alone tells you that it wasn't a homophobic remark.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

The only reason some don't consider it a homophobic remark is because they hate Trump. If a comedian said Obama sucked off a world leader, i can guarantee the left would be calling for boycotts.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Perspective I guess. I don't think it really matters to the far left SJWs who the target is.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Similar to how the antifa crowd claims to be antifascist, while they violently attack you for exercising free speech. Ends justify the means to radicals.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That's one way of looking at it. Some Antifa groups don't care who the targets are.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Honestly, who cares? Everyone knows Colbert is a far-left communist, of course he is going to criticize Trump. If you don't like the idiotic things he has to say, just don't watch. If he still keeps his show, then clearly there are a lot of people who agree with him. It's called freedom, let's not pair ourselves with the Leftists who hate freedom and want everyone they don't agree with shut down.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Stephen Colbert, is that is truly his name, is nothing more than another talking head.

The executives take marching orders from the social engineers, and then they funnel things down to the production team, which funnels down to the writers, which then gets regurgitated by the talking head.

It is then consumed by the general public, repeated, and then assimilated into the public consciousness as fact based opinion.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Your lack of understanding means nothing to me.
Please stop acting like it does. I don't care...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
While the argument over what he said continues, think of this for a second. Colbert is pre-recorded earlier in the day. Rather than just bleeping out the cock part CBS could (and probably should) have removed the whole "joke" and there would have been zero controversy.

Does CBS and Colbert need this attention to prove themselves relevant?

Anyone feeling a little holstered now?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
looks like the fcc is going to investigate and he might be looking at a fine

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Those that support the #firecolbert movement are butt-hurt Trump supporters. Especially coming from a comedian? Comedians are supposed to be provocative and controversial. Consistency is key.

I think people are missing a big point here. What Colbert said was not part of a comedy routine, he was defending a CBS reporter. We need to separate what is a comedy monologue and what is somebody speaking up at a perceived slight. Especially when he just ran his mouth with a "fact" that only exists in the paranoid realms of Democrat supporters. Haven't we gotten enough of the whole Putin/Trump delusion? Has any evidence been revealed that proves it? No, so what we got was a butt-hurt comedian who in a rage over what was done to a co-worker went into a profanity laced, fact deprived rant. Yes, he can say what he wants but he is at the mercy of the crowd. Try and separate what is a actual comedy routine and what is someone venting their anger.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Colbert said this after he finally got a reaction from Trump to his personal attacks

"Mr. Trump, there's a lot you don't understand, but I never thought one of those things would be show business," Colbert said. "Don't you know I've been trying for a year to get you to say my name? And you were very restrained -- admirably restrained -- but now you did it. I won."

So there you have it, an admission that his childish wind up antics were for one purpose - recognition. Says so much about Mr Colbert.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join