It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of Stephen Colbert

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: DBCowboy
He's a comedian.

People keep letting him off the hook by saying this.

What he was doing wasn't comedy. It was pure unadulterated Hate.

Hahahaha, firstly you can't define comedy by it's success, and secondly it wasn't unadulterated hate.

If Colbert's getting thrown on the fire now then the SJW's have gone too far.
It's funny to watch them tear themselves apart.

How long before we hear about Michael Moore's or Rachael Maddow's hookers?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Konduit
Why are liberals so unfunny and cringe?

Because they always have ulterior motives and are congenital liars.

... and this has to do with topic, how?

I don't get it with some of you. I really don't.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Sometimes you just have to let them throw their little tantrum while you sit by and ignore all the noise.

Don't worry though, they'll cry themselves to sleep soon enough like all babies do.

Conservatives are usually much more reasonable after they've had their little nappy time and cried for a bit over nothing.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There is only a slight problem the leftists arguing have.

Stephen Colbert is the new Paula Dean. Enjoy the taste of irony.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Touche'.

(post by c2oden removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Colbert was not only funny, but he was right in criticizing Trump. Presidents always face opponents, but part of their job is to pull the people together. Trump is actively working to tear this country apart and turn it on itself. The increased toxic nature of these forums is proof of the Trump affect. Trump is hostile to those who oppose him. He demeans the press and even his own intelligence community and judges who disagree with him. He uses name-calling and childish insults regularly. His behavior would get him banned here on ATS, and yet we're expected to respect him? Trump is not a good person... He's a president who intentionally divides his people.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Colbert was not only funny, but he was right in criticizing Trump. Presidents always face opponents, but part of their job is to pull the people together. Trump is actively working to tear this country apart and turn it on itself. The increased toxic nature of these forums is proof of the Trump affect. Trump is hostile to those who oppose him. He demeans the press and even his own intelligence community and judges who disagree with him. He uses name-calling and childish insults regularly. His behavior would get him banned here on ATS, and yet we're expected to respect him? Trump is not a good person... He's a president who intentionally divides his people.

do u not see the disconnect your having? if you replaced "trump" with "the media" everything u say would be just as true. dont fall into the trap.

this is one issue ive had for quite some time. if the people who oppose him had an actual good argument based on facts and historical evidence youd find that many more people would be sympathetic towards their views and arguments. instead they go on rant filled with name calling with no substance to back it up. equating "fake news" with the rant colbert went on is on two completely different levels, when has 2 wrongs ever made a right?
edit on 3-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just exactly WHAT is absurd pointing that EVERYONE on tv have signed contracts.

They guarantee pay, and limits actions that reflect badly on their employers.

EVERYONE.

So move the hell on.

Honestly I think people misunderstood you. I think you were saying "if"' he had a behavior clause
In his contract, not that you had special, actual knowledge of Colbert's specific contract.

Is that true? Did I get that one right???

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Talk about crybaby snowflakes. What are they doing watching Colbert, anyway? Does Faux News know they changed the channel?

I'm sure there's a safe space somewhere they can hide, where bad things like this wont hurt their wittle feewings.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

It's just too funny. Special snowflakes calling others special snowflakes.
Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Is that true? Did I get that one right???

Winner winner.

Tv shows are multimillion dollar investments.
edit on 3-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

do u not see the disconnect your having? if you replaced "trump" with "the media" everything u say would be just as true. dont fall into the trap.

this is one issue ive had for quite some time. if the people who oppose him had an actual good argument based on facts and historical evidence youd find that many more people would be sympathetic towards their views and arguments. instead they go on rant filled with name calling with no substance to back it up. equating "fake news" with the rant colbert went on is on two completely different levels

No, it's not the same as the media. The media is nothing but a camera and mic for Trump and his toxic words.

Trump causes conflict. He's done it with our allies. He's done it with his own party. And he's doing it to the country. The MEDIA would be fine on ATS. Trump's behavior would get him banned. Trump's a sh#t president who works to turn his people against each other. He acts like someone trying to destroy the country.
edit on 3-5-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

this is one issue ive had for quite some time. if the people who oppose him had an actual good argument based on facts and historical evidence youd find that many more people would be sympathetic towards their views and arguments. instead they go on rant filled with name calling with no substance to back it up. equating "fake news" with the rant colbert went on is on two completely different levels

No, it's not the same as the media. The media is nothing but a camera and mic for Trump and his toxic words. The media is doing what is has always done... report the news. Trump is doing what no president has done before. Calling the media an enemy of the people. Referring to justices as "so-called" judges, using name-calling and childish insults against his opponents. He even has his people saying listen to Trump alone. That's f###ing insane. So, what's the media to do, but report that sh#t and follow up... "Trump says this, even though the entire Intelligence Community says this... " -- That is Trump's doing.

The media is a camera and mic to relay Trump's words and his behavior to the people. It's not the bullsh#t talking heads like O'Reilly and Hannity that right wingers get seduced by. I don't give a F about anyone on MSNBC or CNN. There's no one on any of those stations I would defend against sexual harassment allegations. I give two sh#ts about the media. The free press, however, I have respect for.

Bottom line, Trump causes conflict. He's done it with our allies. He's done it with his own party. And he's doing it to the country. The MEDIA would be fine on ATS. Trump's behavior would get him banned. Trump's a sh#t president.

the problem is its been proven the press is not unbiased. i think they are somewhere around 89% negative towards anything involving trump. if trump doesnt have the ability to push a msg to the citizens of the country like u say then this divide rests solely on the medias shoulders according to your very own logic.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Bias is fine. You can hang on ATS and be biased. Trump resorts to name-calling and childish insults and demeans entire institutions like free press, U.S. Intelligence Community, and federal judges. Someone like that would be banned from ATS, and most ATS members would be happy to see that person go. But somehow we're supposed to respect this sort of behavior in Trump? Why?

They are 89% against Trump because Trump is 100% against any kind of criticism. He calls them all fake news.

edit on 3-5-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

a reply to: TheScale

Bias is fine. You can hang on ATS and be biased. Trump resorts to name-calling and childish insults and demeans entire institutions like free press, U.S. Intelligence Community, and federal judges. Someone like that would be banned from ATS, and most ATS members would be happy to see that person go. But somehow we're supposed to respect this sort of behavior in Trump? Why?

They are 89% against Trump because Trump is 100% against any kind of criticism. He calls them all fake news.

see this is where that disconnect comes in again. if u believe the press is biased and they are giving an altered story that strays from the truth, shouldnt they be called out for doing a disservice to the american people?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: DBCowboy
He's a comedian.

People keep letting him off the hook by saying this.

What he was doing wasn't comedy. It was pure unadulterated Hate.

Hahahaha, firstly you can't define comedy by it's success, and secondly it wasn't unadulterated hate.

If Colbert's getting thrown on the fire now then the SJW's have gone too far.
It's funny to watch them tear themselves apart.

How long before we hear about Michael Moore's or Rachael Maddow's hookers?

see for me it has nothing to do with politics. when your on television you have a set of rules governed by the FCC. its up to them to decide if it went over the line according to the guidelines they set. doesnt matter what side of the aisle your on. its not about the joke its the language used in the jokes
edit on 4-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Liberals have their talk show hosts and comedians who are non PC. Conservatives have their radio guys who are non PC.

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: DBCowboy

Except for thinking he's an asshole, I agree with you.

For the rest of the conservative crowd upset by his words I leave you this meme..

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

yup people calling for him to be fired are ridiculous. the network will probly get fined like howard stern was fined when he was rebuking the FCC. i personally like colbert and find much of his stuff funny. im a lil peeved that hes made cock holster mainstream though now so everytime i use it im gonna be considered to be copying him even though ive been using it for years.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I too do not think he needs to be fired. I will never watch him again and therefore not support his advertisers, his station, etc. But I offer this to consider:

What if he said this about his boss? What if he said this about a woman? What if he said this about a black man? What if he had said this about Obama?

It is just another example of the radical left doing anything they want, ignoring values and morals and (sorry to use the phrase) "fake news". While he may "feel" the way he speaks, some of his tirade was non-factual and just opinion. I assume he has children. Would he be proud to have his children know what he said? Would they look up at him with respect for calling the President what he did? Does he say this to his kids about their teacher that he disagrees with?

This is barely different than throwing a punch during an argument. It is an assault which shows this person isn't in control of themselves. He is therefore dangerous...a threat to others. Yes...maybe only Trump, his wife, his children, people on the right, people who voted for Trump, fair-minded non-violent people...well...I guess that is like what...150 million Americans?

If I could say anything to this person who I used to watch on TV, it would simply be...shame on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join