It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35A's in the Loop

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

It led to some spectacular crashes, as they found out the vertical fin wasn't stressed for it, usually when it snapped off in flight.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It led to some spectacular crashes, as they found out the vertical fin wasn't stressed for it, usually when it snapped off in flight.
Jeez some of those pilots must have had massive balls really.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This was a Boeing engineering crew. They were doing a test flight, there was a bang and they lost rudder authority. That was taken from a chase plane they sent up to do a damage assessment.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wow I bet that took some effort to carry on flying after that. Definitely deserved a cold one after they landed.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

One of my earliest aviation memories is hearing a roar go over my G-parents place in the mid 80's, running outside just in time to see a Buff about 50ft off the deck disappear over the hill on his way back north to Fairchild. Awesome stuff.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I remember walking the dogs when I was about 5 with my Grandparent's in the Lakes and a Tornado came screaming over the hill we were looked like he was actually going to hit us. Love hearing them when I'm up there and you actually have to look down to see them.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It does not matter if its a fighter or a cargo plane it always looks cool running the the Loop

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

They used to run some serious low level stuff, many years ago.

Used to be one of my favorite low level flying videos.

Mirage Low level

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Looks like you missed out this trip. Local spotters reported that all 8 launched this morning, with two returning to Lakenheath. Those two were flying spares, and returned after the first AR, once they knew the 6 primary aircraft could take fuel.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Ah well better luck next time for me then can't wait to see them though. Also I don't seem to see as many American planes flying here as much anymore used to see F15s at least a few times a year haven't done for a long time now.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm a Texan and that thing sounds like a tornado...
Fan freaking tastic...

Is it possible to have a crush on a piece of metal?
If so, I want to ask the f-35 to the drive-in!!

-Chris

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Finally off the network... and...

SWEET!!!

That is some great footage!

Years ago, went hiking up in Fairbanks at this place that has these tors. It abuts against the back side of the army base. The pilots fly that like Star Wars Canyon. Anyway. I got the "look down at the canopy" experience.

The Tornado footage was... well, it had Nirvana in it!

S+F+asmanyawesomesthatcountforFyeah!!'

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
sorrys guys no b2 this season but we did have these, enjoy

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Awesome resolution and video, used to drive through that pass every year for about 10 years to our holiday cottage.

My thoughts, the F-16s looked like they were the fastest, the Tonkas who have been doing it for years were the lowest. An A400M flying is like rocking horse sh1t.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

They used to run some serious low level stuff, many years ago.

Used to be one of my favorite low level flying videos.

Mirage Low level

DO you think they should test for dophin strikes instead of bird strikes?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: suicideeddie

Great video, I need to get myself down there someday

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Great video, it was good seeing the C-17, which reminded me, did you know these very same hills doubled for Afghanistan in the movie 'Carry On Up The Khyber? LOL. The Carry On's are a British institution, and it struck me that those transports are using the hills for the exact same purpose

edit on 4-11-2017 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just to let potential tourists know. The Mach Loop is in wales not England as stated in the OP.

Sorry to be pedantic but we dont get much in Wales.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Therewearethen

Quite right, the Mach Loop is in Wales, a beautiful place indeed and I would love to visit someday.

The F-35's were visiting England however, stationed at RAF Lakenheath.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I really need to stay in the loop (pun intended) with what aircraft we have visiting here in little old England. I always miss the good stuff I didn't even know the F35s where here! Next year I've got to get out more

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join