It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey says he is mildly nauseous over possibility his October letter led to Clinton loss

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
LMAO!

Did you write yourself in?

No, not me.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
James Comey: Loretta Lynch's tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton was the turning point in the email investigation

Comey said the meeting aboard an airplane in Phoenix set off a series of events that ended with a bombshell revelation in the FBI director's letter to congressional leaders 11 days before the November 8 election that the bureau would reopen the investigation.

During testimony on Capitol Hill before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Comey said "a number of things" had caused him to worry that Department of Justice leadership "could not credibly complete the investigation and decline prosecution without grievous damage to the American people's confidence in the justice system."

The "capper," he said, was the meeting.

"I'm not picking on the attorney general, Loretta Lynch, who I like very much, but her meeting with President Clinton on that airplane was the capper for me," he said. "And I then said, 'You know what? The department cannot, by itself, credibly end this.'"

The meeting happened days before Comey held a press conference to announce the conclusion of the investigation, at which he said the bureau would not recommend criminal charges but that the former secretary of state had acted recklessly by using the private server.

Comey said he called Lynch the morning of the press conference to alert her to his decision to hold it. But Comey said he would not tell her what he was planning to say.

"I said to her, 'I hope someday you'll understand why I think I have to do this,'" Comey said. "But look, I was not loving this. I knew this would be disastrous for me personally. But I thought this is the best way to protect these institutions we care so much about."

Bingo!!
This is exactly what I surmised happened. Comey did the best he could under the circumstances, because he knew, especially after Lynch met with Bill, that there was no way that Hillary would be prosecuted.

He just admitted that this is what caused him to go public with their findings, because otherwise the public was never going to know what Clinton did.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Well I guess the "golf and grandkids" story was all BS as we knew !!

DaaaHaHaHa

A lot comes out when people are talking under oath.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well , I get Greatly Nauseous Every Time I hear about this Two Faced Poser . The Fact that the President has not Fired his Sorry Ahass by Now is something a lot of Americans are wondering about . The Man is Tainted through and through........

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I feel that Comey was correct in informing the public that the investigation into Hillary's email was to be reopened.
Hillary was on the campaign trail proclaiming her innocence and falsely claiming that the the FBI had found no wrongdoing.
If the public had believed this lie and put Hillary in the White house, only to find later that she committed crimes she could be prosecuted for the FBI would have hell to pay for keeping this from the public.

Hillary should be in jail for what she did, but no one really expects blind justice anymore.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Why haven't they indicted Clinton already???????

Many people suspect evidence has been suppressed and hidden or destroyed.

During the "investigations", lots of witnesses pled the 5th.

Government officials should not be allowed to plead the fifth. Since the taxpayers are paying their salary they have a moral obligation to reveal the truth, even if that means incriminating oneself. I know what the law says, but I think it is severely flawed.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

Comey clearly said today, repeatedly, that there were thousands of Hillary emails found on Weiner's laptop that were not previously found (ie. hidden/deleted), and that many of them were classified.

So, yes, she belongs in jail.

edit on 5/3/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: queenofswords
I was perplexed to hear today that the investigation into Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin has been closed.

And I bet Weiner faces no charges for sexting the 15 year old either. That investigation was just part of 'the plan.'

...and I bet he and Huma reconcile.

Blerg. The FBI is so corrupt -- from the top down.

If they do get back together they won't be compelled to testify against each other. So my money is definitely on a timely reconciliation.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparky63

They'll get back together even though Comey says the investigation into their involvement with the Hillary server scandal is closed.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight…

After the Lynch/Slick Willy tarmac chat, Comey believed the DOJ was so compromised that he felt compelled to disclose what he knew about Bill Clinton’s wife and her criminal activities because he was worried the Obama DOJ would bury that information?

How is this not TEN TIMES WORSE than Watergate?

Why aren’t Lynch, Bill Clinton, and Bill Clinton’s wife all under indictment right now?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

After the Lynch/Slick Willy tarmac chat, Comey believed the DOJ was so compromised that he felt compelled to disclose what he knew about Bill Clinton’s wife and her criminal activities because he was worried the Obama DOJ would bury that information?

Why aren’t Lynch, Bill Clinton, and Bill Clinton’s wife all under indictment right now?

it's 100 times worse than Watergate.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

1. The crux of the decision to not prosecute Hillary and co. seems to have rested on the inability prove intent. Like he said last summer, they were definitely irresponsible (forget the exact phrase he used). But they needed to be able to prove there was willful, intentional mishandling of classified material. Comey indicated they couldn't make that case.

Being Irresponsible with that Data is a Crime.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yup. Comey knew he was ucked either way. He new she was guilty as # but officially couldnt charge her because Obama was still his Boss.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Why haven't they indicted Clinton already???????

Many people suspect evidence has been suppressed and hidden or destroyed.

During the "investigations", lots of witnesses pled the 5th.

Huma sent classified emails to a non secure whatever.

Why isn't she and weeney under arrest?!

Did she plead the 5th too?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
Watched most of the hearing live, and I must say that I would not want to be in Comey's shoes. He's walking a real tightrope for sure. I'll give him credit for his candor and guts.

Couple of things stood out to me:
1. The crux of the decision to not prosecute Hillary and co. seems to have rested on the inability prove intent. Like he said last summer, they were definitely irresponsible (forget the exact phrase he used). But they needed to be able to prove there was willful, intentional mishandling of classified material. Comey indicated they couldn't make that case.

2. It's pretty clear there's growing interest in the need for a special prosecutor to investigate the Russian collusion story. Even w/the AG's recusal, the FBI is going to have to present their case to the deputy AG, and we'd have to trust that individual to act in an apolitical manner. Given how high up this could go, the stakes are clearly just as high.

Some people keep demanding to see the evidence, and for lack of that evidence, they're insisting the whole Russian collusion story is fake news. Sorry, but the FBI is not about to divulge anything at this point. This whole thing has the potential to be bigger than Watergate and Iran/Contra combined. They pressed Comey from just about every angle, and he knew exactly what he could and couldn't say. Consider for a moment the size and scope of such an investigation. We're talking multiple FISA warrants for at least one individual (Page, I believe), reams of data to be analyzed--meetings, phone calls, etc., a large cast of characters with known business dealings in Russia (who all just happened to forget about meetings with certain Russians--what are the odds of that being a coincidence?), Russian oligarchs, intelligence operatives, the Russian mob, at least one individual shopping for immunity deals, and so on. I can't even begin to imagine what the process for working through all of that must be like. I just hope they get it right and that there's some level of transparency with the American people.

1. There is no "intent" needed for what she/they did.

"oops, sorry i left the flash drive of troop movements on the russian ambassador's desk, my bad"

2. Good luck with that.

3rdly, yeah right.

fourthly, where is loretta's investigation of bribery, conspiracy, coercion and obstruction of justice and general c-holstery?

His ass needs to be fired and investigated too.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Then take it up with the FBI.
I was merely pointing out what came up in the hearing, & it comes down to intent.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Gary Johnson...?

Nope. He let me down too.

Like he ever stood a chance?!...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

The law does not require intent. That is why there has been such an uproar over the decision.

Also - there is enough evidence to show that Hillary intended to hide her emails, and destroy some instead of turning them in, and put them in unsecure locations - intentionally - and hide information from FOIA.

But the law applies for carelessness as well, even if they overlook the obvious intent.
Access to classified information comes with responsibility to protect it. Plenty of people have been prosecuted for much less than Hillary did.

edit on 5/4/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Comey is back in front of Congress later today in a closed session.

I have a feeling that this is nowhere near over yet...

BTW -- the next time my girlfriend asks me a question I don't want to answer I'm going to reply: "That's not a question I can answer in this setting."

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That was such an awesome thread. :-) Thanks for the reminder. :-)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join