It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jakarta Lights in Sky - January 15 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I did a search on this video and ATS, nothing came up in the results. The video was taken over Jakarta and uploaded on 15/1/17. Unfortunately, the commentary is not in English [no surprises there] but what intrigued me, is that we have these same lights again that seem to be proliferating. Again, we have the apparently triangular three points of light and to me, at least, they do not appear to be changing position relative to the ground or each other.

The video is roughly three minutes long, by which point, two of the lights have vanished [behind cloud cover?] and the third one appears to be still in the same position as when the clip starts. Another annoyance is that the person filming decides to flip the orientation of the camera , probably in an attempt to get more of the area into view.

If anybody on here can understand the commentary and give an outline of what was being said, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Some bright lights a long way off, slowly descending and disappearing behind yonder mountain range.

One possibility is landing lights on aircraft flying straight at the airport.

If you've ever been lined up wth the end of a runway, you see these bright glowing globs of light appearing to hang (almost) motionless in the sky as they follow each other in the landing approach, slowly descending with their really bright landing lights ablaze, viisible for miles. Looks just like that.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, I can definitely see the logic behind your reasoning but one would also have to reason the possibility that the people filming the lights would also be aware of that and maybe wouldn't then pay any attention to them...lights in the sky, of that nature, being an all too common occurrence.

It's this three lights [maybe triangular] formation that is such a common factor in the recent plethora of similar sightings. I can't buy into the bog-standard "flares", "drones" "Chinese lanterns" explanations that are often given...of course, these will be the explanations for many sightings but not all of them.

I had my own set of lights sighting early this January when I spotted three lights in a straight line at the rear and off to the right of my house. This was around 05:30 am and I had never seen those lights before and have not seen them since, despite looking at the same time of the day...before the lighter mornings arrived. The lights were strange, unusual and just seemed too regular in position and intensity. Then they were gone, after briefly going back inside the house for my coat.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
one day i was driving, i see this ling in the sky.. this huge bright wide light like nothing i have ever saw... i start shouting its a ufo to my 2 friends that were in the car with me, they though it was too and were freaking out and trying to see where it was going to land.

it was a overcast day, must have been allot of water vapor in the air.. after about a minute or two after this ufo came down lower in altitude and got out of the water vapor.. the lights were no longer reflecting in the water vapor and we saw it was just a air plane.

with the atmospheric conditions they way they were it looked like some massive thing that was lit up like the 4th of july coming in for a landing and there was no way it was a air plane.. but it was..

i am pretty sure those are just lights from air planes.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Looks like three ufo orbs in flight formation. The two that fade out will still be there somewher, just under cloaking of somewhere near 100%

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen. Please buckle up as we are about to Land at Soekarno–Hatta International Airport. We thank you for flying...Looks way too familiar. I see this everyday just not in Jakarta but this happens at any International Airport that's busy.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

Agreed , looks like planes stacking.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

A decent answer, but the lights should have gotten brighter if there were descending planes approaching.

Judging from the other, low level clouds in the area, the winds were not of any velocity. I'm thinking not UFOs for this video. Any light that hangs in the sky should always be suspected as being a planet, a plane (descending) or some sort of illumination device.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Plane stacking, agreed. Un-educated witnesses, unintentionally or not. Plane headlamps are somewhat directional, no? So they are able to dim as the plane turns to another direction. It's also pretty quick to look at Jakarta map and the airport and see how this scene lines up with most any international airport in the world at some point in the day, light is lowering, bunch of planes are landing and appear to be on an expected path to the airport... As others say, you can't really paint such a familiar sight as anything alien, sure it's unidentified to the un-educated witness but that doesn't mean just because they are fooled that everyone else will or can be.

It looks like people are falling over each other in jakarta, so if only 1 of those millions of people took a video we can assume that to 99.99% of inhabitants whatever it was, was pretty normal.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

So, what we are saying is, the airport is in the distance, the planes are stacking, waiting to land and the movement/change of direction of the planes is responsible for the lights disappearing?

So why are the lights not moving in relation to the landmarks on the ground or the mountain skyline in the background? Are we saying the lights are moving towards the camera, if so, and this is three aircraft we are seeing, are they not rather too close for comfort? I thought the aircraft stacking safe distance was 1000 feet minimum? They seem to be static to me and not moving in a holding pattern.

More questions, I know but I am struggling with this concept as an explanation.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Imagine this...See video. Ok obviously this isn't the same view we got as in the OP, but see a similarity.

ILS

Hope this gives some insight to why the lighting may seem strange also.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sure. They seem not to move because it's a matter of perspective. Imagine holding a cube in your hand near your face. Imagine it has a line drawn on the left face from the back center to the front center. As you turn the cube to the left that line gets thinner and thinner to the point where it literally, from your perspective, is just a point. But it hasn't lost any of its length etc.

They do move here, and as you'd expect, the leading plane moves further than the trailing plane, because it's closer. And like that cube that's been turned somewhat, they can linger on a trajectory that meets your perspective for a fair bit of time. Sorry, not the best explanation... maybe a pic will help!

edit on 3-5-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

one would also have to reason the possibility that the people filming the lights would also be aware of that and maybe wouldn't then pay any attention to them

Or hoaxing. I used to hang at the end of the local airport runaway and watch the stacked up airliners approaching. Its surreal.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

A decent answer, but the lights should have gotten brighter if there were descending planes approaching.

Should have gotten brighter? How did you determine that? How did you figure how far away they were?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Judging from the other, low level clouds in the area, the winds were not of any velocity. I'm thinking not UFOs for this video. Any light that hangs in the sky should always be suspected as being a planet, a plane (descending) or some sort of illumination device.

If the planes are first coming at the camera, then that would look like bright lights appearing to generally hover or move slowly.

Then, if the planes turn at a relatively sharp angle, the bright light would no longer be shining toward the camera, and thus be obfuscated by the relatively bright sky.

I have a regional airport a about 15 miles from my house. About half the time (depending on winds), the planes arriving at my airport from cities more south of me need to pass the airport and loop around to land in a generally southerly direction. What I see from my house when planes do this is as follows:

I see a bright light low on the horizon that seems to hover and/or move very slowly (sometimes side-to -side slowly). That is the plane approaching from the south, heading generally toward me, probably about 25 or so miles away.

At some point, the bright light suddenly vanishes, but if it is dark enough, I can make out the less bright navigation lights. That happens because the plane turns away from me to set up the final runway approach. As the plane turns away, the bright directional headland that was pointed toward me is no longer pointed toward me.

I've seen this at dusk, too, but when the bright light disappears when the plane turns, I cannot make out the dimmer navigation lights, probably because the sky is not dark enough and the plane is probably 15 miles away from me.

edit on 4/5/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

I see something extremely similar in this video...so I think aircraft is the answer.

top topics

join