It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood only offers Abortions?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
well, ya all give a big cheer, the passed the obamacare bill through the house...
if it gets through the senate, and the president signs it, planned parenthood will lose it's funds from medicaid...

The bill stipulates that for “the 1-year period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act,” the “Prohibited Entity” and its affiliates, subsidiaries and successors may not receive money from Medicaid and certain other mandatory federal funding streams.

www.cnsnews.com...

it goes on to define "prohibited entity"...

The “Prohibited Entity” described by the bill is a nonprofit that provides abortions and receives more than $350,000,00 per year from Medicaid.

and it claims this...

In its analysis of the bill, CBO said these criteria apply only to Planned Parenthood.

“CBO expects that, according to those criteria, only Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its affiliates and clinics would be affected,” said CBO. “Most federal funds received by such entities come from payments for services provided to enrollees in states’ Medicaid programs.”

which, I kind of don't believe...

Yeah they didnt think about this very well. They are restricting medicaid payments meaning women that used the for prenatal wont be able to. Abortions were never funded by government so it will remain the same. While things they do to prevent pregnancy and help pregnant women will be cut. And cutting that will leqad to more women deciding to get abortions, There was no logic in this what so ever but it wont make it through the senate anyway. Conservatives just cant help themselves can they?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

the thing is though, I wonder if it would just cut planned parenthood..
upstate medical center in syracuse, ny, is also a non-profit, and one of it's services it provides is abortion..
it reports over a billion dollars in revenue, and claims that over 50% of it's patients are on medicaid, medicare, chips, ect.
it's quite possible that they would fall under the qualifications to be kicked out of the medicaid program. when my oldest son was young, he had quite a few problems with asthma, to the point that they doctor thought a test for cystic fibrosis was appropriate, when my youngest had his siezures, we were again traveling over 50 miles to upstate for the testing needed.. it's the only place in the area that provides some of these tests!

so, they might not just be hurting women who are seeking family planning services, they might be harming very sick children and adults who are relying on medicaid for their healthcare.

www.upstate.edu...

edit on 4-5-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Well...here is the video produced by a pro-life group.

I am personally pro-choice, but I understand corruption. Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization that is questionably nothing but an abortion provider? From what I have seen online, this reminds me of a personal story. Many years ago without doing any research, my wife suggested we donate to PETA...and we did. Later on I discovered the violent, repulsive actions of this group and have regretted donating. Live and learn I guess.

Is Planned Parenthood the same? 500 million in tax payer dollars sure gives a business a reason to lie, especially on top of the agenda that abortion is a good thing.

This video makes me wonder.

What kind of rope are you smoking? They offer all types of health care that deals with pregnancy.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Funny. When I took a pregnant friend to Planned Parenthood a few years back, it wasn't an abortion they were offering her, but an ultrasound and prenatal vitamins, since she had no insurance.

Abortion is, but one of the many things I've seen people get from PP. Mostly, people go there for birth control, or to get an STD treated.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Funny. When I took a pregnant friend to Planned Parenthood a few years back, it wasn't an abortion they were offering her, but an ultrasound and prenatal vitamins, since she had no insurance.

Abortion is, but one of the many things I've seen people get from PP. Mostly, people go there for birth control, or to get an STD treated.

Exactly they helped out the wife and i with our first child when i was in college and could barely afford bread.They assisted on all kinds of things including later formula.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: jimmyx
when the men here on this thread, and on ATS, that are "forced birth" proponents get pregnant themselves, I will listen to what they say, otherwise they are talking about something they have no experience with, nor can they learn what it is truly like for women.....

I agree with you...but I will throw this in. What about the opinion or wants of the biological father? Does he have no say?

only after the child is born, or before he made the decision to impregnate a woman

Interesting. Let me understand your and some other's position on this.

1. The biological father has no say about the unborn child.
2. A woman can do as she wishes with her body.
3. A woman can legally sell an organ?
4. A woman can legally commit suicide?
5. A woman can smoke, drink, do meth, etc. during pregnancy since it is her body?

I'll say it again...I'm pro-choice. A woman should be able to choose abortion, adoption, birth, etc. It is her body and I don't disagree with that. But...there is a growing baby involved. Is she allowed to knowingly do damage to that growing child? I'm not so sure of that. Yes...it is her body but she isn't allowed to sell an organ from her body or kill her body by committing suicide.

The blanket statement of "it is her body" is a bit broad. And...while I'm not strong on this...there is a father/sperm-donor involved. He has no say about anything? I'm not so sure that is fair. If a woman and I start a business...we share the decisions. If a woman and I buy a house...we share the responsibility. So why if a woman and I decide to get pregnant wouldn't I have a legal right to some say in that endevour? Or does this only include "accidental" pregnancy?

Just saying it isn't (or maybe shouldn't be) black and white.
edit on 5/5/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

and yet a landlord can evict a tenant, can't he??

a farmer has a bunch of cows, he might decide he has too many cows and send a few to the slaughter, he might decide that he only wants a few of his best cows breeding and use methods of birthcontrol on the rest of the herd... but, how would he feel if his cows decided to kill themselves or proceeded to kill each other???

we are the cows with free will... and the farmer is just irked because his best and brightest are the ones that are choosing the birth control themselves...
in other words the farmer is all for keeping his herd size down, but he wants to be the one who chooses how that is accomplished and will feel free to kill, sterilize, and abort anytime he wants... but it's he who should be choosing who is sterilized, or killed, or abort... not the cows themselves..

while they were imprisoning sanger for passing around literature that gave women the information as to how to prevent conception they were passing laws legalizing the force sterilization of those groups that they saw as not desirable. the cows shouldn't be given the ability to control their own breeding...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Margaret Sanger was a saint. She saw her mother's body be worn down to a pulp after having so many kids. She was determined to help poor women have an option out of the misery of having kid after kid after kid after kid. Margaret was big on birth control, God bless her.

So her work on Eugenics doesn't bother you?

You've fallen for the right-wing propaganda. Think of any famous person that you personally admire from that same time frame and I can pretty much guarantee that they were in favor of the same eugenics ideology - it was extremely popular at the time, and it had nothing to do with her actual work, which was to allow women to have normal sex lives without having to worry about unwanted pregnancies.

time.com...

Black women had no reason to look at Sanger as an enemy. She was their hero and advocate, as she was for all women. Sanger's biggest enemy was the Catholic church.

Time magazine isn't going to change my mind on this, sorry.
Luckily you changing your mind has nothing to do with the facts.

"facts", as reported by Time.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

RE: Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization

The right doesn't like their tax dollars going to abortion clinics. Some on the left don't like their tax dollars going to bombs used to kill pregnant Arab women in the ME. It all balances out in the end.

Actually a balance would be no tax going to kill anyone...

Death is not balance.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yeah, well find something that isn't heavily edited or taken out of context to prove to me that Sanger was determined to wipe out all black people (or any other group) using Planned Parenthood. Because I can find whole speeches and whole interviews with her saying her purpose in starting Planned Parenthood was to help women have normal sex lives without having 20 children and facing an early death.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join