It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood only offers Abortions?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

oh, so when you are old and can't take care of yourself, you're gonna just walk into the desert and accept death so you don't weaken the race???

you speak of the survival of the fittest, tell me, does trump or chaney, or the big wall street bankers strike you as being the fittest among the human race? at least the little old ladies that i worked with earning minimum wage would be able to cloth themselves, preserve and cook, their own food, their homes are probably spotless. some of the most privileged in this society would be the least prepared to survive without an army of maids, cooks, and assistants making sure their every need was taken care of!!!

"oh, so when you are old and can't take care of yourself, you're gonna just walk into the desert and accept death so you don't weaken the race???"

Yes...and no. I am gladly walking off into the desert and accepting death but not for the race, but for my family. No...I will not drain our savings, sell our home, etc. for just a few more years. My walk may be a five year walk...but a walk none-the-less.

That is what a man and a father does...in my opinion. Weigh the benefit and the damage and do what is the best choice for the whole group.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Just to put it into perspective. You have a dog that is a member of your family that you love. He becomes ill and will be dead in a few years. You can give him pills and take him home and make him comfortable or spend $10,000 to maybe give him another six months. If you can't "afford" that $10,000...you take him home. It isn't that you don't love him, but it is that you can't "afford" to pay that much for another six months. You make a tough decision considering everyone involved. You don't destroy your family for that six months.
edit on 5/4/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
First of all...not an anecdote.

Um... Yeah. It's a personal story of yours. Hell even if you are lying, it's still a story and thus an anecdote. Do you not know what an anecdote is or something?

But regardless...if you have enough selfish people to demand everyone give up everything for them, you need to make a decision. That decision will likely be to deny their wishes. Again...we don't sacrifice our economy and livelihood to keep everyone alive longer. We don't have an obligation to destroy ourselves for the desires of a few. We weigh that out and decide what we are willing to do...we don't just ignorantly give up everything to save others.

Yes, because wanting to live long is SUPER selfish... This is why eugenics fell out of favor. It is callous and mean spirited.

I'm sure you wouldn't give up everything, your home, family's livelihood, future and live in a box on the street, etc. just because your neighbor can't pay for his cancer treatment.

Slippery slope fallacy. This doesn't and has never happened. Even in countries with 100% Socialized medicine.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Propaganda. My wife and I used planned parenthood when we were below the poverty level. We got pregnancy test, ultrasound, prenatal vitamins and referals to other resources. It was really cool and for us, financially life saving.

So....OP is misleading us. Oh and not once did they mention or perform an abortion on either of us!

edit on 4-5-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
when the men here on this thread, and on ATS, that are "forced birth" proponents get pregnant themselves, I will listen to what they say, otherwise they are talking about something they have no experience with, nor can they learn what it is truly like for women.....

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First...I don't lie. Learned that long ago. Second...if you don't agree that is up to you. Maybe someday you will have to face such a decision. I'd hate to be in your family when that time comes.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Propaganda. My wife and I used planned parenthood when we were below the poverty level. We got pregnancy test, ultrasound, prenatal vitamins and referals to other resources. It was really cool and for us, financially life saving.

So....OP is misleading us. Oh and not once did they mention or perform an abortion on either of us!

Considering I'm the OP and I only posted the video for information...it is a bit inaccurate to say I'm misleading anyone.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
when the men here on this thread, and on ATS, that are "forced birth" proponents get pregnant themselves, I will listen to what they say, otherwise they are talking about something they have no experience with, nor can they learn what it is truly like for women.....

I agree with you...but I will throw this in. What about the opinion or wants of the biological father? Does he have no say?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm not accusing you of lying. I'm just covering the bases here to say that you told a story/anecdote. I don't know why you are taking offense to me labeling your story as an anecdote. That's like getting offended because I called your dog a canine.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I agree with you...but I will throw this in. What about the opinion or wants of the biological father? Does he have no say?

only after the child is born, or before he made the decision to impregnate a woman
edit on 4-5-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Considering I'm the OP and I only posted the video for information...it is a bit inaccurate to say I'm misleading anyone.

Sorry. I misinterpreted. It appeared you were agreeing with the thread title and didn't think that planned parenthood offered the additional services. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bender151

Give the money to a more deserving provider.

How about naming names then? Which places are more deserving than PP?

Any provider of women's health service which does not collect revenue from abortions. Sorry, I thought that was obvious. If you perform abortions, then no federal dollars for you. Is that simple enough for you?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm not accusing you of lying. I'm just covering the bases here to say that you told a story/anecdote. I don't know why you are taking offense to me labeling your story as an anecdote. That's like getting offended because I called your dog a canine.

Sorry...you are correct. The word "story" often implies something made up and considering where my mind is at the moment, I assumed that. I am a long and devout non-liar. I'm always careful to say "I believe..." or "I have heard..." and avoid making any statement implying fact when it is not. Just a pet peeve.

Got better things to do...I'm outta here.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Sorry. I misinterpreted. It appeared you were agreeing with the thread title and didn't think that planned parenthood offered the additional services. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

No problem
I just had to apologize for myself. Time to take a break.

Peace.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Give the money to a more deserving provider.

How about naming names then? Which places are more deserving than PP?

Any provider of women's health service which does not collect revenue from abortions. Sorry, I thought that was obvious. If you perform abortions, then no federal dollars for you. Is that simple enough for you?

Sorry, I'm not aware of any of those organizations. I asked you to name names not be vague.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They receive a lot more than that overall and you either know It, or you're an idiot. You're a prime example of someone who cherry picks stats to feed their narrative. PP gets half a billion annually. Anyone can very easily find that information. Because of your obvious purposeful deceit to make a stupid point, any further arguments from you should be ignored by reasonable people.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

well, let's see, trinity health cares for medicaid (and other gov't programs) patients that costs money...of which the gov't provides them with reimbursements that cover SOME of the cost... the amount that isn't covered after those reimbursement for one year was over 180 million... in order for trinity not to be getting at least a half a billion dollars, would be that the reimbursements are covering less than 2/3 of the costs..

in which, I would happen to guess that planned parenthood would be getting their reimbursements at a similar proportion...
ya, that's seems like such a great way to rake in the profits!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Margaret Sanger was a saint. She saw her mother's body be worn down to a pulp after having so many kids. She was determined to help poor women have an option out of the misery of having kid after kid after kid after kid. Margaret was big on birth control, God bless her.

So her work on Eugenics doesn't bother you?

You've fallen for the right-wing propaganda. Think of any famous person that you personally admire from that same time frame and I can pretty much guarantee that they were in favor of the same eugenics ideology - it was extremely popular at the time, and it had nothing to do with her actual work, which was to allow women to have normal sex lives without having to worry about unwanted pregnancies.

time.com...

Black women had no reason to look at Sanger as an enemy. She was their hero and advocate, as she was for all women. Sanger's biggest enemy was the Catholic church.

Time magazine isn't going to change my mind on this, sorry.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Margaret Sanger was a saint. She saw her mother's body be worn down to a pulp after having so many kids. She was determined to help poor women have an option out of the misery of having kid after kid after kid after kid. Margaret was big on birth control, God bless her.

So her work on Eugenics doesn't bother you?

You've fallen for the right-wing propaganda. Think of any famous person that you personally admire from that same time frame and I can pretty much guarantee that they were in favor of the same eugenics ideology - it was extremely popular at the time, and it had nothing to do with her actual work, which was to allow women to have normal sex lives without having to worry about unwanted pregnancies.

time.com...

Black women had no reason to look at Sanger as an enemy. She was their hero and advocate, as she was for all women. Sanger's biggest enemy was the Catholic church.

Time magazine isn't going to change my mind on this, sorry.
Luckily you changing your mind has nothing to do with the facts.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
well, ya all give a big cheer, the passed the obamacare bill through the house...
if it gets through the senate, and the president signs it, planned parenthood will lose it's funds from medicaid...

The bill stipulates that for “the 1-year period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act,” the “Prohibited Entity” and its affiliates, subsidiaries and successors may not receive money from Medicaid and certain other mandatory federal funding streams.

www.cnsnews.com...

it goes on to define "prohibited entity"...

The “Prohibited Entity” described by the bill is a nonprofit that provides abortions and receives more than $350,000,00 per year from Medicaid.

and it claims this...

In its analysis of the bill, CBO said these criteria apply only to Planned Parenthood.

“CBO expects that, according to those criteria, only Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its affiliates and clinics would be affected,” said CBO. “Most federal funds received by such entities come from payments for services provided to enrollees in states’ Medicaid programs.”

which, I kind of don't believe...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join