It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood only offers Abortions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

then there's the matter of all the birth defects that
were caused when we did all those tests while dropping the atomic bomb, and then dropping those bombs on japan..
the birth defects that our agent orange caused in viet nam...
the birth defects that were cause by our depleted uranium in Iraq....

some of which has cause genetic alterations that will be carried on generation after generation way into our future!!!

but wait.... what is that I hear in a distant... oh, the war drums, they are a drumming again!!!

no, planned parenthood doesn't provide that much care. usually, it is preferred that that care is provided by the doctor that the women chooses to deliver the child.. which she usually chooses shortly after pregnancy is confirmed. of course, this could all change if the war mongers get their way and obamacare is replaced with a trump care system where maternity care again becomes only an option in the health insurance policies because well, ya know, why should those men have to have to pay for insurance that covers the birth of their children???

and if we wish to get into just what services aren't being provided by non-profits that receive medicaid reimbursements... can we discuss those hospitals that are tied to religious groups??? ya know, the ones that will treat an ectopic pregnancy by slicing out part of the fallopian tube and removing it instead of inducing a medical abortion?

but, no, no, no.....
we have to cut off planned parenthood, we have to kill obamacare and kick thousands off their insurance, we have to cut all of these programs that provide necessities to the poor like food stamps, rental assistance, health care....
so that we can have more money for our wild urge to drop more bombs on people we will never meet let alone know....
and if those bombs lead to generations upon generations of defected babies...
so what!! we will claim ignorance and ignore them, wont offer them any help or assistance....

so now you support plan parenthood?? Are you smoking weed?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is exactly what bothers me. PP is only the largest provider of women's health services because they've been so heavily subsidized. Give that money to anyone else, and they'll grow too. Why the left sees this particular organization as infallible is ridiculous. They are very clearly, even by the own purposefully vague revenue reporting standards, in the business of providing abortions. McDonald's isn't in the napkin business just because they give out three napkins for every burger. Give the money to a more deserving provider. This really shouldn't be a complicated issue at all.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

RE: Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization

The right doesn't like their tax dollars going to abortion clinics. Some on the left don't like their tax dollars going to bombs used to kill pregnant Arab women in the ME. It all balances out in the end.

Yet the left elected a man who did that very thing for two terms.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Give the money to a more deserving provider.

How about naming names then? Which places are more deserving than PP?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Every private practice has access to the same funds as PP. At least as long as they're willing to jump through the hoops required to receive funding through Medicare and Medicaid.

Should PP be denied these funds even though they are compliant with the requirements of these programs simply because there is a subset of the Right that has an issue with them also offering abortions (which are not covered by Medicare and Medicaid)?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I've been accused of being on the right FAR more than I've been accused of being on the left, but of all the places my tax dollars are wasted, this one I support!
If give up most of the other tax funded sinkholes before this.

Abortions should be free and available in every wall Mart, next to the bath rooms.
There are already too many loser, useless people wandering the planet sucking up resources and being in the way. If someone doesn't want to go through with producing another unloved unfunded welfare sucking miscreant, give them the option!

Why don't you just kill people you think deserve to die? Seems like what would make you happiest. Actually, I nominate you first. The world definitely fewer people like you

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I've gone through three pregnancies, in all three, it was planned parenthood that did the pregnancy testing, it was them that gave me the prenatal vitamins, it was them that did some basic preliminary blood testing such for diabetes, that would have indicated if there was a possibility of future complications..
and, it was them who referred me to the doctor who was willing to work with us because we had no health insurance that included maternity care!!!

I am nearing 60 years of age and I've run into quite a few instances both on a personally level as well as a friends...
where, I am sorry, but if there was a pregnancy involved... I would view an abortion as a legitamate solution!!

such as the girl who was mentally handicapped and needed some high powered meds just to be able to be somewhat functional in the world WHO WAS FORCE TO HAVE AN ABORTION BY THE STATE COURT SYSTEM because those medications would have caused extreme damage to a growing fetus...

or the coworker who workers with chemicals that weren't healthy for a growing fetus... luckily, the boss found a cleaner position for her to work in, but if he couldn't or refused to, I assume that you and your friends would have a better understanding of her family's financial situation and just what impact the loss of her wages would have had on her and her family???

or me, who went through her last pregnancy being yelled at by the doctor for lifting two young children, not really trusting her ability to walk while lifting and carrying those children, who really didn't see anyone standing up offering any assistance!! after that experience.... I wouldn't have carried another child!

people who beat war drums because of what they are afraid that some flea bitten country halfway around the world MIGHT DO, have absolutely no standing to judge these women who fear what the mass of cells growing in their own bodies might do to them and their families!!

but, because they believe they do, they feel justified to commit criminal acts to gain entry into private conferences with cameras and manipulate the videos they capture in order to present fake evidence an organization that I have found quite useful in my lifetime, because ya know, the end justifies the means, right??

YES, I SUPPORT PLANNED PARENTHOOD!!!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This video is biased propaganda. After David Daleidan fiasco, it's best not to trust any anti-choice video that gets posted to the internet. That crew has no standards when it comes to lying to promote their agenda.

Did you watch the previous videos? They release unedited versions, so there's something like a dozen hours of footage. What about them was fake? Are just repeating what someone told you to think?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

they are the largest provider because they are capable of providing these services within the amount that the gov't is willing to pay for the services they provide...
how about doing a little research..... call around to the gynecologists in your area, see how many are willing to take on new medicaid patients or work on a sliding scale for those of low income who aren't insured but yet, not eligible for medicaid!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Don't even try that. Those videos are fake and there was no criminal activity uncovered by David Daleiden's smear videos. The only thing that he accomplished was being federally indicted.

PS: It was also shown that the "unedited" videos were also edited.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Forgive me if I missed something but...

I went there for birth control for about a year while I payed off my hospital bill from having my son. My usual gyno refused to see me until such time as I paid as my hospital and OBGYN were a part of the same group.

My little sister works 3 jobs at different food places and doesn't care for the insurance they offer - so she goes to PP for birth control as well....

They aren't an abortion only business if you ask us.

-Alee

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It saddens me, but looking at how things are progressing, and i mean all things. This is the most likely scenario.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
According to some of the pro-abortion arguments I've noted (in this very website), up until just about the day the water breaks, there's no 'baby', it isnt a living 'thing' until its born. We'll just skip past the ordeal of a debate that stems from 'what about premature born infants'....

According to the Supreme court ruling a woman has a right to choose how her body is being used which includes cutting the umbilical cord. I'm not a woman so I do not know what it would be like not to have rights over my own body. But I imagine I would be pretty pissed if someone stopped me from making a decision about my own body.

Besides, I think we need smaller government. Government controlling woman's body is BIG government.

However...she isn't allowed to sell a kidney. Not to argue an unrelated point, but none of us has control over our own bodies really. We can't even commit suicide legally.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This video is biased propaganda. After David Daleidan fiasco, it's best not to trust any anti-choice video that gets posted to the internet. That crew has no standards when it comes to lying to promote their agenda.

I don't know that...but I understand it is very possible. The problem is...I don't trust the other side either.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

RE: Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization

The right doesn't like their tax dollars going to abortion clinics. Some on the left don't like their tax dollars going to bombs used to kill pregnant Arab women in the ME. It all balances out in the end.

That's interesting. Obama dropped an average of 72 bombs a day in 2016, did you all wake up from your fevered dream the last 8 years and just notice what's happening in the middle east cause it's Trump? Lets also not forget the only group collectively pissed off about Trump's tomahawk strike in Syria where the ones you paint as alt right racists. We voted against the interventionist candidate, you wanted Hillary.
edit on 3-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Besides, I think we need smaller government. Government controlling woman's body is BIG government.

Funding private companies with federal tax dollars is big government. Government protecting the life of people is an appropriate use of government power.

But then it all goes down to whether or not you consider "life of people" starting at conception, viability, somewhere in between, or birth. The reality to me is that a fetus is not the "woman's body," it's a separate human being gestating WITHING the woman's body.

It's a difference worth noting, but probably not a tangent worth perpetuating in this thread.

To address the OP, yes, just like with most companies in America, Planned Parenthood is being deceptive in order to get "free" money.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a country finds, or makes up, something that makes people believe another country, or group poses some kind of threat to them, to the lives of their citizens, to their economy, to their way of life.... and justifies dropping bombs on the country...

a storekeeper has some kid come into his store and try to rob him, he had a gun behind the counter and feels justified to blow the kid away...

a buglar breaks into a person's house, the person is afraid he will harm his spouse or children, and again, feels justified to blow the burglar away...

all to protect their lives, their possessions, their way of life!!

everyone has the right to protect themselves it seems like, except for women like Savita Halappanavar, Valentina Milluzzo, Beatriz, Marlise Machado Muñoz, Mindy Swank, Tamesha Means, and countless others... most I listed here are in countries with stricter abortion laws, but our country's catholic hospitals operate under similar rules...

www.aclu.org...

all denied the medical care that they sought to protect them from the danger that was posed by the fetus living within their bodies... for most of these cases.... the fetus wasn't going to survive to term anyways!

oh, ya, and one that was forced to continue living even when she was legally dead and the family want the live support removed!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Living in the world of critical thinking makes trust very hard on any politicized topic these days.

Sucks, doesn't it?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

what the government is doing is subsidizing the poor so they can obtain healthcare in this country...
the government decides what kinds of services it will reimburse the providers for, and after their services are provided the provider will send in the information as to what was done, to who, providing the medicaid information on the patients... and get reimbursed...
many times that reimbursement doesn't even cover the cost of the care provided which is why more and more doctors are dropping out of the program...

and abortions, unless they fall under the few exemptions, aren't covered by medicaid... and therefore there is no reimbursement!!

planned parenthood connects to charity groups such as the lillith foundation when their patients can't cover the cost of an abortion...

www.lilithfund.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join