It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

previously unseen "tassie tiger(& pups) " photo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous

The speed and amount of logging trucks in certain areas would definatley have flatened one out by now. If they where still about, I agree.

I grew up in the far southeast and explored remote areas, caves, abandoned mills a fair bit. The southern most municipality in Australia, actually, or as we called it then the assh#$le of the nation. Plenty of "feral" humans (in a nice way), had Tassie Devils in the backyard. But never a sight nor sound of a Thylacine. Would love to get back and explore the southwest in a 4wd. I haven't been back for too long, dying to get down there, see some family and my magical island home. Sob.

Dover/Southport/Ida Bay area?
Sorta run out of roads after the Recherche Bay area

On the west coast most of the area south of the Gordon River would require a helicopter to explore but there are some walking tracks for the enthusiasts and some of those trekkers fly into Melaleuca 'airport' to start their adventure. Spectacular scenery though.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

Nearly spat out my coffe reading that, thanks for the laugh.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Impressive photos to say the least. What I wonder is how they lived from day to day. You know, what was their usual routine like and did they usually eat? I wonder that because it would be insight into if they could survive in the habit of Tasmania today.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I really hope they are still out there. They are beautiful creatures and it is so depressing to think we decimated their population as much as we did
humans suck sometimes...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: freedomwv

They were the apex predator on this island after their disappearance from mainland Oz millenia ago which is theorised to be the result of dingo introduction. Mainly nocturnal and likely to have predated on other nocturnal animals like potoroo, wallaby, kangaroo, possum, quoll & emu (became extinct here in mid 1800s) etc.

Interestingly there are still occasional claimed sightings of them on the mainland as well as Tasmania.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Any new articles with footprint evidence?

I would love to see that.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

All we ever get is claims of sightings with no physical evidence so hope has faded to a virtual zero by now. The distinctive footprints and even the scat is well documented from pre-extinction times so searchers know what to look for (and even the distinctive calls to listen out for) but thus far, nothing.

In New Zealand there was a flightless bird (Takahe I think) that was considered extinct for decades until a small colony was discovered in a remote area of the South Island (Murchison Forest?) so all hope is not completely gone for the Thylacine.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Just makes the whole thing sader thing sader in a way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join