It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Does it still exist? I have been reading a lot about Knights Templar and find their history very fascinating. Could the order still exist? I am aware of the The United Religious, Military and Masonic Orders of the Temple and of St John of Jerusalem, Palestine, Rhodes and Malta in the York rite of freemasonry but they do not claim to be a direct continuation of the original Knight Templar.

Could they still exist? Perhaps under a new name?

If anyone has information on the subject please do share.

Thank you.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

They have really good music.

To your question:

knightstemplarinternational.com...

Added: www.youtube.com...

The more I study them, I am not certain that if you felt like it, anyone could just call themselves a Templar either and make some order for it. It seems more like an Ethos than anything else.

edit on 2-5-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Found this website but who knows.

If they don't exist, they will soon.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

They do have nice music.

I remember listening to this song on repeat before visiting Turkey last month, I don't know why... Maybe some distant ancestral memory.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

Very nice chants.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye
a reply to: SR1TX

They do have nice music.

I remember listening to this song on repeat before visiting Turkey last month, I don't know why... Maybe some distant ancestral memory.

DEUS VULT!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Think they might still exist like most secret societies, couldn't be exactly sure just a hunch.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Think they might still exist like most secret societies, couldn't be exactly sure just a hunch.

The Knights Templar were never secret, the only so called secret aspects are the ones that use them as a prop for various end of the world/Holy Grail/Body of Christ type storylines.

They were a sect within the Catholic Church and were dissolved centuries ago. If there are groups now calling themselves by the same name is neither here nor there - they aren't the 'real' Knights Templar.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Unless the order went into secrecy to avoid persecution

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

Could they still exist? Perhaps under a new name?

If the LORD Son of GOD JESUS is resurrected it seems logical some may also be...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

Unless the order went into secrecy to avoid persecution

No, it was a sect of the Catholic Church and the Catholic Church dissolved it. If you mean various individuals hid to avoid torture and death, I don't know, I know that I would if I was them, but the fact remains that the sect was dissolved.

Anything now called Knights Templar has no direct relationship - and of course seeing as their role was a lot more black and white than most conspiracy thrillers would have you believe, they wouldn't have that much of a purpose to continue to exist.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You should check out the works by Stephen Dafoe.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The original catholic order no longer exists, however the final degree of the York rite is called Knight Templar. What little of its symbolism available, has been incorporated into various themes. a reply to: Golantrevize

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
"The Last Templar" by Alain Demurger (note there is a fictional work by the same name by a different author)
"The Knights Templar and Scotland" by Robert Ferguson
Google Play Codes No Survey

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That's not strictly true though, the pope at the time issued a papal bull disbanding the order and calling for the arrest of the hierarchy on Friday 13th. The bull, however, only went to countries that were still part of the Catholic family, some were not; such as my home country of Scotland.

Many knights fled to countries that did not enact or have the papal bull, as such there is an ongoing history of the Templars to this day in those countries.

top topics

join