It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder Rate In Baltimore Worst Ever, Chicago Paces Record High

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well the City of Chicago is apparently keeping up their image for murders and shootings.

They are keeping pace with last year's statistics.

And Baltimore is excelling in their murder rates.

The Mayor of Baltimore has even had meetings with the FBI asking for help.

The Baltimore police force is down a few hundred officers too.

When will the National Guard be called in ?

‘Out Of Control’: Murder Rate In Baltimore Worst Ever, Chicago Paces Record High

New crime numbers show the murder rate in Chicago is keeping up with the record set in 2016, while homicides in Baltimore have reached such alarming levels that the mayor is getting federal assistance and requesting more support from the FBI.

For the first time in nearly 20 years, the city of Baltimore, Maryland, has experienced more than 100 murders before the end of April. After five people were killed last weekend, the total number of homicides in 2017 ticked up to 108, according to the Baltimore Sun. The last time the city experienced more murders by this point was 1993.

Since the population was greater in 1993, this year marks the city’s highest murder rate per capita ever, according to the Baltimore Sun. The murder rate in the city is up more than 30 percent compared to last year. Violent crime, shootings and robberies have also gone up by double-digit percentages from last year.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Everyone just needs to hug and share a bathroom...right? I mean hey, that #@$% occupied the last 4 years for a reason...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And it's still Spring. Wait till the really hot Summer weather gets here. It just perplexes me what drives people to kill each other. It really does. I can understand drug addicts robbing people and gang shootings and so forth, but when a neighbor just Has Had Enough of the guy who leaves his trash cans out and decides to reshape his skull with a baseball bat.......Crazy.
And there's no end in sight. No quick fix. People in certain areas are just losing it and no one knows why or how to stop it. All I know is, I am damn glad I don't live anywhere near a city.
edit on 2-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

its humanity man
as a whole we pretty much suck

1 person.....ok
few people......i can deal
few dozen or more.......talk about a nightmare

ive said for years that people are inherently bad..........i still believe that

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I went ahead and looked up the per capita murder rate for cities with more than 25,000 people in the United States. I really expected to see Atlanta there, but since it is divvied up into separate cities, they didn't quite make the cut, although you take your life in your hands by going anywhere around there.

According to this source, here are the 30 most murderous cities, counting down to number one:

The countdown for the Top 30 Murder Capitals of America:
Rank City
30 Washington, DC
29 Milwaukee, WI
28 East Chicago, IN
27 Desert Hot Springs, CA
26 Goldsboro, NC
25 Salinas, CA
24 Myrtle Beach, SC
23 Hartford, CT
22 Banning, CA
21 Bessemer, AL
20 Baton Rouge, LA
19 Youngstown, OH
18 Riviera Beach, FL
17 Jackson, MS
16 Cleveland, OH
15 Portsmouth, VA
14 Monroe, LA
13 Newark, NJ
12 Birmingham, AL
11 Wilmington, DE
10 Camden, NJ
9 New Orleans, LA
8 Detroit, MI
7 Flint, MI
6 Petersburg, VA
5 Baltimore, MD
4 St. Louis, MO
3 Gary, IN
2 Chester, PA
1 East St. Louis, IL

www.neighborhoodscout.com...

I am shocked by some of them. I don't even tune into the local Atlanta news anymore, all I see are news of murders and horrible crimes.

People are starting to come unglued. Literally going off their nut about stupid stuff. I suspect that whole generation that was raised to think it was okay to tantrum and let your anger out on other people are now old enough to run around and do just that. It's not just crime and drugs. It's stupid things like giving somebody the evil eye, or bumping into them accidentally in a shopping mall.

A purge is coming. I guarantee, most of these crazies will end up purging themselves.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It's not just Baltimore and Chicago- it's the large cities in most of the states around the country. In my city last year broke all records for murders and homicides in the city's 237 year history, and this year so far looks like it's going to beat last year's record.

Louisville Homicides 2017
edit on 2-5-2017 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: Add Link

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Did the mayor and the law enforcment in Chicago all fell into a coma or why are they just watching the mayhem unfold? Just raid the f#cking hoods and flush out all the gang banger wannabees for starters. Seriously get a grip on reality and take the gloves off already. This is the real world and if you want to live the thug life then you're worthless to civil society anyways. Yeah i know but the poor criminals and bla bla bla. Gang bangers deserve no sympathy and that's the truth. So i know i blame Obama pretty often but what the f#ck was his plan here? It clearly didn't work at all.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
An interesting analysis would be whether most of these cities are Blue or Red.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Did the mayor and the law enforcment in Chicago all fell into a coma or why are they just watching the mayhem unfold?

Nah..."Dead Fish Rahm" at work....

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

Baltimore and Chicago are both "Blue" cities. My own city that has experienced a significant rise in homicide is also "Blue". Gang activities are flourishing in the Blue Zone.

+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe

More like black and white

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Yes, that seems to be the trend no one wants to talk about.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It's not just Baltimore and Chicago- it's the large cities in most of the states around the country. In my city last year broke all records for murders and homicides in the city's 237 year history, and this year so far looks like it's going to beat last year's record.

Louisville Homicides 2017

When you demonize the police it tends to have consequences.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

These days, if I travel up to Looterville, I've got 4 firearms with me and a little more than 500 rounds of ammunition.

If I run into trouble up there ... I'm gonna effin' win!!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, I think it goes beyond race. It is the mentality of these cities. I've seen many blacks who are raised in the suburbs with good parents who matured into great citizens.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

You are right for the majority.
But this problem is with young feral blacks running wild in the inner cities.
The numbers don't lie.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

These days, if I travel up to Looterville, I've got 4 firearms with me and a little more than 500 rounds of ammunition.

If I run into trouble up there ... I'm gonna effin' win!!

You're fine so long as you stay away from the West End. It has always seen the highest percentage of overall crime here but the last few years it has become murder central.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: joemoe

But this problem is with young feral blacks running wild in the inner cities.

And they think they can run 'fast' ... LOL.

Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseee ... give me an excuse!!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, I agree. The problem is compounded by politicians of these cesspools. Most will farm these people by promisses of entitlements which these cities can ill afford for votes. Once in office, they then refuse to deal with the true problems in their cities, and instead play the race card and use victim politics. What these places really needs are some form of social programs that supports core family structures or at least birth control or programs that do not reward having multiple children when the father will not stay to take care of them. These people really needs to be taught and rewarded for self reliance instead of being rewarded for being dependant to the government.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This nation is seething and I truly believe that we're about to enter a multi-year cycle of civil unrest like we haven't seen since the Civil War.

Why?

I don't really know for sure...

My guess is that there are long-unresolved racial tensions, class-envy, and many folks out there feel they've been stiffed or slighted for one reason or the other.

I have a very bad feeling that we're in for a long, hot, bloody summer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join