It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 new science papers find climate driven by solar changes

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

quit spamming the thread with nonsense.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The nonsense is your conclusions based upon your Measurement Problem.

If that is not obvious to you

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Again....

So you are saying your evidence is Irrefutable

edit on 12-5-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There's a few semi-frequent commentators on the Gawker network who are fantastic reminders that the Information Age has failed and that people are going to continue to be willfully dumb* in spite of having access to more facts than any other time in history. Yesterday, one of them left a comment (which, thankfully, is greyed out) which contained this large order of word salad:

The whole reason that the warmingscam people changed to "Climate Change" was to gain a newspeak redefinition that confuses the non-science people since everyone accepts Earth has no stable climate and Earth's climate changes radically. By tieing Warmism backward into climate change, they used a classic sophist word trick- redefine your losing argument by renaming it into something less definable . It is a sophist bonus point if like 'climate change' ,you can redefine to something no one argues against and thus use the sophist transitive property to make a falsity "true" by changing the name.

This word salad, of course, ignores the facts:

1) global warming is a form of climate change; the latter is a climatic trend, the former is the directionality of it

2) scientists have been using both terms, accurately, for basically forever

observationdeck.kinja.com...

To be clear I am not suggesting you have schizophasia.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The increase in temperatures so deep in the ocean can only come from geothermal heating
According to whom?
I gave you the link. I told you what the conclusion was. Here is what the article says:

Thus, no significant change in the relationship between potential temperature and dissolved oxygen has occurred for either the warmer or colder portions of the mNADW. Again, it is unlikely that the observed warming can be explained by geothermal heating. We conclude therefore that the changes observed result from changes in the oceanographic circulation.

We have shown that the water in the densest water masses warmed along 47 8 N during the period 1985–1999 and conclude that a change in the oceanography is needed to account for this evolution. The warming was brought about by a decrease in the volume of the lower part of the mNADW at least along 47 8 N. The distribution of dissolved oxygen in the deep layers of the North Pacific 10 suggests that the bottom water in the western North Pacific is fed from the Samoa passage, spreading northwards through the Wake Island passage (see Fig. 1). In the South Pacific, the source region of the bottom water in the North Pacific, warming of the NADW has previously been suggested 7,11 , all reporting changes in water masses in the Samoa passage, within the relatively recent time period when data are available.

stephenschneider.stanford.edu...

And, as I said, none of the other articles indicate any increase in geothermal activity.

edit on 5/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Justoneman

I don't think geomagnetic drift has much influence on global temperatures or climate.

Are you saying that air molecules are affected by magnetism?

Well, water for sure with its weak magnetic field. To say air with all it's components is something different but water is certainly in the air. If the poles move the water patterns follow it. A physicist i work with thinks the temps are actually balancing out in other places where it is warmer here it is colder there theory.

Sounds reasonable. Now what do we have that would show whether the world is in general warming or cooling. (As any good scientist would ask). we could use human measurements which suggest the earth is getting warmer (but we must dismiss these since they were donw by scientiosts who agree with human induced warming). why don't we pick on something that does not give a damn about anybodys opinion :

A glacier
A plant
An animal (especially fish and insects)

When we look at the behaviour of all these all over the world there is only one conclusion : the world is getting warmer.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

When we look at the behaviour of all these all over the world there is only one conclusion : the world is getting warmer.
Preferable to it getting cooler.

By the way, how much has it warmed in the say, last 15 years?
edit on 12-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is actually a repost of a link to this thread.

Have not you been reading it?

But even that warming will not stave off the eventual return of huge glaciers, because ice ages last for millennia and fossil fuels will not.In about 300 years, all available fossil fuels may well have been consumed. Over the following centuries, excess carbon dioxide will naturally dissolve into the oceans or get trapped by the formation of carbonate minerals. Such processes won’t be offset by the industrial emissions we see today, and atmospheric carbon dioxide will slowly decline toward preindustrial levels. In about 2,000 years, when the types of planetary motions that can induce polar cooling start to coincide again, the current warming trend will be a distant memory.

www.technologyreview.com...

Perhaps the problem is that you are drunk when you post or maybe its a drug problem.

Just say no!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The question I asked was how much it has warmed up in the last 15 years.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just my 2 pennies...
Humanity as a whole is not advanced enough to begin to predict or understand the ebb and flow of this scale on celestial bodies. Every ATS thread, every news story, every science report/study. A lack of understanding is apparent. I'm not calling anyone out here. Just in general if you take a step back and look both sides have compelling arguments. That alone says something is a miss.

Every debate of this magnitude throughout history has sounded verbatim and always was a result of one thing. Our lack of understanding and advancement as a species. This is the same situation even down to one side employing the use of dogmatic principles.

Except this time it's the scientists(and politicians) of all people employed by the state rather than the church employed by the state. Pointing to their mountain of books and papers exclaiming this is the TRUTH and you must OBEY and PAY us if you have any hope for survival(salvation). Before they drive home to their mansion to go soak in their 100 gallon bath tub filled with reverse osmosis purified water.

At this point I don't care if all the Al Gores and Bill Nyes of the world are correct!
You're not going to force humanity even further into tax and debt slavery with your threats of our impending doom with promises of survival via taxation and regulation. Invent better technologies already! Stop focusing on erection pills and shake-weights.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You seriously seem to be having problems understanding the difference between climate and weather.

This has been explained before in this thread and in relation by other members and to be specific its seems at this point its, "over your head".

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

You seriously seem to be having problems understanding the difference between climate and weather.

This has been explained before in this thread and in relation by other members and to be specific its seems at this point its, "over your head".

Why don't you quit replying to my posts, seriously, you're uninformed and have nothing meaningful to add to the thread. I'm well aware of the difference between climate and weather. You're the one that don't know jack # and it shows.

IPCC TAR Working Group I: The Scientific Basis

In sum, a strategy must recognise what is possible. In climate research and modelling, we should recognise that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.
Link

edit on 12-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I do not know about you but admittedly I am enjoying this.

Understandably this is a Grave issue but specifically in relation to the immediate discourse.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Again, your words..

By contrast, climate modelers have the advantage that they will be long since retired when their predictions don’t come to pass."

Grow up, quite Spamming the thread with disinformation!! This that Climate Modelers offer data based on the idea they will be near death when the results show up. Offer what they care about the true results and not that they would care and because? They will be dead soon and for them that the data is false gives them a good chuckle before their last breath?

Can you back up your position on this point you made in this thread?

Or are you a Hypocrite?

edit on 12-5-2017 by Kashai because: Addded content

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
IPCC TAR Working Group I: The Scientific Basis

In sum, a strategy must recognise what is possible. In climate research and modelling, we should recognise that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible.
Link

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:00 PM in this thread...

Climate engineering

Main article: Climate engineering

Climate engineering (sometimes called geoengineering or climate intervention) is the deliberate modification of the climate. It has been investigated as a possible response to global warming, e.g. by NASA[217] and the Royal Society.[218] Techniques under research fall generally into the categories solar radiation management and carbon dioxide removal, although various other schemes have been suggested. A study from 2014 investigated the most common climate engineering methods and concluded they are either ineffective or have potentially severe side effects and cannot be stopped without causing rapid climate change.[219]

en.wikipedia.org...

But in reality based upon measurement problems in relation to your responses you do not seem to make any sense whatsoever.

Whereas the data that refutes your position makes a heck of a lot more sense.

Again, can you explain your position factually that, "climate modelers have the advantage that they will be long since retired when their predictions don’t come to pass."

And again are you saying your evidence that presents your pet theory is irrefutable

edit on 12-5-2017 by Kashai because: Addded content

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join