It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlet Johansson, I think I figured out why...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Was having a little discussion about Scarlet Johansson's roles. Okay, maybe not really a discussion so much as the voices in my head wouldn't shut up!

The first movie I ever saw her in was Lost In Translation with Billy Murray. I honestly had no idea who she was at the time and didn't care much after. So thinking about her roles, she's typically the feminine sex symbol-heroine typecast. I'm sure she's known for other roles more akin to what she played in Lost In Translation, but I think it's safe to say she's going to be best known for characters like in The Avengers or Ghost In The Shell--again, sex symbols for femininity.

I don't know. I just never found her attractive. I know she has a fondness of showing her underwear on camera, but that does not really make a woman more attractive

It's been gnawing at me--why? She's cute, sexy, good-looking etc. So why don't I find her attractive?

Well, I think I figured out the reason. When I see her, I think it fires a deviant neuron pool in my head. It reminds me of a young Steve Buschemi who put on the cursed belt of masculinity/ femininity during a game of D&D and I know I could never kiss her even in my wildest night terrors. All I would see is the Buschemi.

Sorry! I don't know where this came from! It's my own little sickness I call Silence of the Lips. Had to get it out of my head!

The healing has begun

edit on 2-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't see the similarity between the 2. I also don't see the big deal about SJ.

Well at least you are when your fantasy went to Steve Buschemi you didn't kiss.

S+F for odd, I like odd.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This happened to me 2 weeks ago. Ever see the movie, The Horse Whisperer?

Shattered any illusions I may have ever had...

*sorry guys*

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I probably got a bad batch of facial recognition genes.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
She is average.

Anyone that thinks otherwise does not get out very much. Or has never visited Texas.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
she looks like who?
Is this satire?
Dang dude

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
She seems to be one of the few actors in Hollywood who looks natural. All the little starlets have had their noses reduced to the point they are tiny little triangles; they play up big eyes with make-up, and have their lips blown up. And of course, all the fake boobs and buttocks.

I think it refreshing (and sexy) to see someone who looks natural.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Those two played in a movie together. Them and thora birch but i dont remember the name of it. It had "ghost" in the title but it wasnt a ghost movie .

Im not very helpful.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Those staged/ doctored photos above do not look natural in any sense of the word. Those are glam shots.

I'm not saying she's ugly or objectionable. Just that she got the Buschemi lips and it created a weird association in my brain.

edit on 2-5-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Here's the movie you were wondering about.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

It's funny but I have a "mindset" about someone too. Jessica Simpson. When I see her, I see like, a 14 year old boy with long hair and boobs. Her facial features look like a boy's to me and I can't see beyond it.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You've highlighted her assets in two photos, nice work. I hope she soaks it all up because when something similar and younger comes along, she is done.

Remember Pam Anderson? Megan Fox? Hally Berry? Jennifer Lawrence, still relevant but fading. Kristen Stewart? Angelina Jolie? Geena Davis? Julia Roberts? Zoe Zaldana?
And that's the short list.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Too true. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

They were in "The Island" together also

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I don't know. I just never found her attractive.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

ghost world is most awesome......
definitely worth a watch

i wouldnt even say she is typically the sex symbol or heroine

hail caesar
chef
we bought a zoo
hitchcock
vicky christina barcelona
the other boleyn girl
the nanny diaries
match point
the black dahlia
the perfect score
girl with the pearl earring

i dont see her looking like donnie at all

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Maybe she's just not your type. It happens. I see male stars who are all the rage and I don't understand the appeal.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Ironically, her facial structure reminds me of an Ethiopian singer named Zeritu Kebede. Every time I see Zeritu with short hair, I see Scarlett (& vice versa).

edit on 2-5-2017 by enlightenedservant because: left out a word. durr hurr hurr...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

the middle pic makes me think of a thugged out alicia keys

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join