It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF to test Minuteman Missile & NK to test SLBM's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Things keep getting worse in the Korean Peninsula. Check this out:

The U.S. Air Force will test launch an unarmed intercontinental ballistic missile Wednesday from Vandenberg Air Force Base – the second test in a week. The Minuteman III missile launch will occur between 12:01 and 6:01 a.m. from the base northwest of Santa Barbara, according to Vandenberg’s 30th Space Wing.

“The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to validate and verify the effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the weapon system,” Air Force Global Strike Command said in a statement. The 576th Flight Test Squadron will be responsible for collecting data of the missile and ensuring safety, the Air Force said.

Vandenberg Air Force Base and the 576th Flight Test Squadron have been preparing for the operational test launch for the last 10 months, Col. Chris Moss, Vandenberg’s 30th Space Wing commander, said in a statement. The test will be the second missile launched from the base in a week’s time.

Source

I know they said that this test and the last one they did was planned months in advance. But were they planned in advance because of NK? And why are both tests so close together?

As if that wasn't bad enough, Lil' Kim is getting ready to test some submarine missiles:

SATELLITE images show that North Korea is preparing to trial a deadly new arsenal of submarines which could be capable of launching nuclear missiles towards the US. The pictures show a new barge in the Nampo Naval shipyard in the west of the secretive state similar to another in the east of the country which has been involved in recent rocket tests.

Website 38North, which monitors military activity in the communist country, claims the newly-installed barge could be an indication that North Korea is planning to “accelerate its SLBM test program.”

Long-range ballistic missiles (ISBMs), and their submarine-housed counterparts (SLBMs), are rockets which can carry nuclear bombs and would be capable of striking the west coast of the US including cities such as Los Angeles and Seattle.

The 68ft barge was most likely bought from abroad and not built in North Korea, reports 38North.

It is also near-identical to another barge in the Sinpo South shipyard on the other side of hermit kingdom which has been involved in six missile test launches since 2014.

This latest development comes amid fears of despot Kim carrying out another nuclear test despite increasing pressure from US President Trump and ally China.

Source

I said previously that the time for diplomacy has ended, but I must admit that it would be a great alternative to World War Three. Does anyone else believe that nukes are eventually going to be used; and if so, by whom?

edit on 2-5-2017 by dianajune because: typo

edit on 2-5-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Go Flyboys! Teach Li'l kimmy a lesson in respec for America!
Maybe the missle will go off coarse and hit pyongpang isnstead.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Go Flyboys! Teach Li'l kimmy a lesson in respec for America!
Maybe the missle will go off coarse and hit pyongpang isnstead.

Nothing shows your moral superiority more like threatening to blow up a country.
Oh the irony.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

They test several times a year, every year. They can't test the warheads, but they can test the missile navigation and engine systems. The last test probably had an anomaly, so they're launching another one to verify. Or they're testing another E-6B crew to launch.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

There's never been any diplomacy. The US refuses to even talk to NK.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Source? Multiple administrations have tried.

You remember who we're talking about?

That being said, it's not our problem.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They've had talks many times. They even wanted to sign a formal peace treaty with North Korea, but North Korea won't even consider it unless they keep their nuclear weapons program.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. It's just routine testing. Who cares NK gets their panties in a bunch? Kim does something stupid and the world will converge on him.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
I wouldn't worry about it. It's just routine testing. Who cares NK gets their panties in a bunch? Kim does something stupid and the world will converge on him.

What like sinking boats or shelling villages?

The US has always been in a good position to attack the North, they'll be leading the charge. The key has always been how will the commies react, we've never had a lack of reason to do it. If China is cool with it, it may happen.

At the end of the day, multiple nations are still in a state of war with North Korea. It's just a ceasefire regardless of how long it's lasted.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I cant even tell who the current bad guy is right now. Korea or Russia. It keeps flip-flopping. Or assad. Or isis. Or iran. Or china. Or... wait... this is going to be a realllly long list...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Talk to them about what exactly.? We're testing weapons, whos talking to us about it?

What would NK have to do to be 'good', not test weapons, not have a defense system for their country?

What have they done wrong exactly?

Are we done with Syria, Libya, Jordan...
edit on 2-5-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

About a formal peace treaty. You do understand that there was never a formal end to the war, right? The armistice was supposed to be temporary while they negotiated a formal treaty, which never happened.

As for what they did wrong, they've violated a number of agreements over the years.

Oh wait, I forgot, everyone else is perfect and hasn't done anything wrong, while the US is the most evil country on earth and responsible for every problem out there.
edit on 5/2/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Not every problem but they definitely know how to leave a big mess wherever they think needs "liberated".

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They test several times a year, every year. They can't test the warheads, but they can test the missile navigation and engine systems. The last test probably had an anomaly, so they're launching another one to verify. Or they're testing another E-6B crew to launch.

They dont have to test the payloads....they will work no matter. In fact , they will still work 100 years from now

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Talk to them about what exactly.? We're testing weapons, whos talking to us about it?

What would NK have to do to be 'good', not test weapons, not have a defense system for their country?

What have they done wrong exactly?

Are we done with Syria, Libya, Jordan...

The UN and most countries of the world have declared that a country must have at least a minimum of stability and are presently at least in a 19th Century level of civilization.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They've had talks many times. They even wanted to sign a formal peace treaty with North Korea, but North Korea won't even consider it unless they keep their nuclear weapons program.

Agreed. And even President Trump said he'd meet with Lil' Kim, but conditions at this time aren't right.

President Donald Trump said Monday he would be willing to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un "under the right circumstances" to defuse tensions over North Korea's nuclear program.

"If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would absolutely, I would be honored to do it," Trump told Bloomberg News in an interview Monday. "If it's under the, again, under the right circumstances. But I would do that."

No sitting US president has ever met with the leader of North Korea while in power, and the idea is extremely controversial.

Source

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I cant even tell who the current bad guy is right now. Korea or Russia. It keeps flip-flopping. Or assad. Or isis. Or iran. Or china. Or... wait... this is going to be a realllly long list...

We have a possibility of war on many fronts, including Syria and Iran. I always thought that WW3 would start in the Middle East but imo it looks more likely to begin on the Korean Peninsula.

top topics

join