It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where was i before i was conceived

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well it seems that "sin" has led you to only think along a certain ideology, I prefer the idea that we chose to inhabit these bodies in order to experience life before we return to another incarnation or godhood/source.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth
We have no doubt all been asked what we think happens after we die but my question is this...before we are conceived where are we?...what are we?...do we even exist before sperm meets egg.

I am not a religious person myself and by that i mean i don't follow any established religion this does not mean that I'm dead set against some form of creator etc...however to me its just as likely we are in a simulation/game type scenario where most of us are the NPC's just trudging along through everyday life..and the elites are the players/gamer's that interact with us...for their quests if you like or that aliens did it...than i am to believe in the established magic bearded sky man or (insert your deity of choice here).

So with that said...this is not a thread to bash peoples ideas and beliefs but neither is it a place for pushy religious types...i respect your right to believe what ever you like just please do me the decency of returning the favor i am always open to new ideas and i really do want to know what you believe but i am not here to be converted to any religion thanks.

My view as it stands...i believe that before conception we are the same as after death we are nowhere and we are nothing which when you try can be difficult to process, i think certainly my mind anyway struggles to fully comprehend the idea of what nothingness truly is and that is why so many go with life after death theories because in my opinion the brain struggles with the thought of true nothingness.

The thought of this may anger some it may also scare some but to them i say if my view is correct you will never know it just like you don't know of yourself before conception you will have no knowledge of yourself after death...and to be honest i can live with that...and if I'm wrong i guess I'll have a deity i need to suck up to

Hi NOTN. Nothin here. Thanks for this nothing thread.

Lot's of opinions here, and you have been a generous host.

Get the feeling that most here do realize that it's all subjective experience, and we don't really have anything solid to point to, that is the sense of "I".

So perhaps this sense of"I" that we develop, is only a way of describing this subjective experience.
If that is so: then there is no "I", before nor after each individuals conscience.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Alive. In a physical body. On a huge USN Space Ship called the Enterprise, in outer space. Explosion. Cast into pieces. In what is known as WW II. Left there scattered. Our soul group slowly found each other. Grew strong. We were then able to transfer back in physical manifestation on earth during the USN earthbound ship disaster in the year 1969. Apparently our soul group replicated a lot of what we had before in our former life on this planet over the decades and it manifested in many huge ways, one being shows like Star Trek. Our group since has played a huge part in the technological advances everyone sees today. Unfortunately the soul group/s of the physical beings we were physically born from back in Jan. 69 our not of us, are an incompatible soul group, and caused extreme interferrence in our ability to find our other brothers and sisters who physically manifested here and return home, due to their soul group's malevolent technological advances in things like nuclear energy that we only later found it was indeed their use of it that exploded our ship in space. Apparently we physically manifested here through another explosion and were born from the wombs of our enemy that have what is known as Natzi like leanings. We are immortal. One form of travel is through explosions. Other soul groups do this such as what is known today as a suicide bomber. There are many differenr soul groups here due to all the explosions. Wars. All the soul groups have been finding each other over the decades. We are not all "One." Of our soul group we are "One." But groups are distinct of each other. We are slowly finding our shipmates. Although it is tricky. A lot of our memory was erased during the trauma of our soul group being blown up, then further trauma being born of and having to adapt to the enemy that seperated us as they "parented" us and "schooled" us in our young adult years.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Heaven is humongous with many "rooms" planets and encompasses all the space above hell fictitiously called earth, the planet that builds weapons, diseases and lies, where it is here we all are. For now.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It is also worthy to note here since the topic is open to all interpretations, that Gabriel is not an angel. Gabriel is an explosion in space/time that allows for soul group travel in which soul groups attempt to harness, interpret/name.

"In the year 1455, in Armenian art, there is an illustration in an Armenian manuscript showing Gabriel sounding his trumpet as the dead climb out of their graves.[17] Two centuries later, Gabriel is identified as the trumpeter, in John Milton's Paradise Lost (1667):[15][18]

Betwixt these rockie pillars Gabriel sat
Chief of the Angelic guards (IV.545f)...
He ended, and the Son gave signal high
To the bright minister that watch'd, he blew
His trumpet, heard in Oreb since perhaps
When God descended, and perhaps once more
To sound at general doom. (XI.72ff)."

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
FROZEN

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It depends on what intelligent species you were. The universe is Yuge!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
" What was your Original face before you were born?"

- Zen Koan

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You were in a next higher plane of existence.

You are there until you or those you consult with; determine the time for you to enter the fetus.

This may occur at the time of conception or it may not occur until the moment of birth such as generally the case with highly evolved persons or persons who have committed suicide.

People who commit suicide reincarnate and keep reincarnating as many times as necessary to face up to overcome the cause of the suicide, before they move on with their life.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

This is a very good thread, thank you for this!

I believe that this a process we are repeating over and over again until we finally learn and/or evolve spiritually. Then we will start something new...

Call it a different dimension, spiritual realm, heaven, many different names...

Also I don't believe in a beard man in the sky dictating rules and punishing people.

My opinion is that the Universe created us and all living things, and that He is God, and there's God in every living thing. That's why it's so important to love everyone no matter what, we're all result of the same explosion/creation/holographic process that created the Universe!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply's all...had some really good feedback and all quite civil so
for that.

Lots to think about and process i don't think i have seen anything to change my views but as i stated in my op this wasn't really about me having my mind changed but to get thoughts/ideas/beliefs from others.

I suppose there is no way we can ever know for sure what/who or where we are before conception but the answer of whats after death will come to us all eventually.

Who knows maybe one of us is correct...maybe non of us are...all i know is there is only one way we are going to find out for sure what happens and until then i will continue to try and be a decent honest man a loving husband and a good dad, and if i am wrong surly i shouldn't be banished to an eternity in hell for trying to be the best of those 3 things as i can be

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
Interesting theory--I would only ask why do we go "down" a plane of existence at all if we already existed on a higher plane? That seems counter-productive, but maybe it's a spiritual sort of "undercover boss" scenario, where we need reminded of the trials and tribulations of human beings in order not to take the higher plane for granted...maybe?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You did not exist.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth
Who knows maybe one of us is correct...

It's me...it has to be. I put all of five minutes of thought into my post, some of which occurred while I was writing it out.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
"I" was bayoneted by a Japanese soldier.He left "me" hanging upside down and bled to death. Somewhere in tropical jungle. It was world war 2. Forty years later, this vague memory of unknown person is what left behind. And a birth mark across my right rib, where the japanese soldier repeatedly stab "me" with his bayonet. Everytime I feel unhappy, I always look at my parents and ask them quietly, "why do you bring me into this world? I never ask for this." My childhood wasnt actually a happy one.

As I grow older I dismiss everything as imigination. I don't believe in reincarnation. Probably there is previous life and after life concept. It doesnt matter. The Arrow of Time will always move forward. If I die in this age, at least, I can assure myself I would never ever again going back in time of the vikings, or the time of slavery, or the time of world war 2.

Anyway, thanks for the OP. I'm glad I could share something, even if it sounds crazy. I feel great relief. Thanks again.
edit on 4-5-2017 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Azureblue
Interesting theory--I would only ask why do we go "down" a plane of existence at all if we already existed on a higher plane? That seems counter-productive, but maybe it's a spiritual sort of "undercover boss" scenario, where we need reminded of the trials and tribulations of human beings in order not to take the higher plane for granted...maybe?

The next plane of existence above us is our natural home. Where in the christian bible there is a phrase or passage about being cast down into hell, it is talking about the world we live in now.

There are several planes of existance below us but many above us.

We incarnate into this world so that we might have experiences and learn from them. We humans are a crummy lot and we do not learn by love but by pain and suffering. We rarely learn by love.

Sometimes we might incarnate into this world to carry out particular tasks for the benefit of humanity. We might choose to do this so that we make up for the bad that we have done in one or more past lives. We also incarnate into this world so that we might have certain experiences and learn from it or them.

For example if we wish to learn what its like to be disabled then at some stage in our life in this world we will be either born with a disability or incur a disability so that we can experience what having a disability is like. Similarly, we might come to this plane of existence to learn what its like to have fame and or fortune. That being the case, than at some stage in our life here we will have that experience.

Only by having such experiences can we spiritually evolve and evolve enough to move up to the next plane of existence, a process that is likely to take scores, hundreds or perhaps thousands of incarnations into this world.

hope this helps

edit on 5-5-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
The next plane of existence above us is our natural home. Where in the christian bible there is a phrase or passage about being cast down into hell, it is talking about the world we live in now.

There are several planes of existance below us but many above us.

That's an interesting theory, and I do subscribe to the possibility of the multiverse and different planes of existence, but I can't take the Bible's interpretation of this idea as proof any more than I can take the mathematical proof of the multiverse as fact until we have evidence backing said proof.

Using the Bible to explain religious ideas is like using a word in the definition to define the word.

Sometimes we might incarnate into this world to carry out particular tasks for the benefit of humanity. We might choose to do this so that we make up for the bad that we have done in one or more past lives. We also incarnate into this world so that we might have certain experiences and learn from it or them.

Like I said, it's all interesting theory, but I can't subscribe to it as fact. It would be neat if that were the reality, though.

Only by having such experiences can we spiritually evolve and evolve enough to move up to the next plane of existence, a process that is likely to take scores, hundreds or perhaps thousands of incarnations into this world.

hope this helps

I appreciate the time in responding, but it doesn't really help because, again, it's all theoretical, based wholly on a system of faith and belief based on unsubstantiated claims...but I guess that's what every single answer on this thread is, including mine (which I don't really believe, I just think that it would be a neat possibility).

Again, thank you for the response, though--it certainly is a neat idea to consider.

Best regards...and for the record, I think most people learn the best, most dramatic life lessons from love (either given or received). Just because the lessons learned from pain and suffering might be more numerous, it does not mean that those lessons outweigh those learned through love and kindness.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

'In-between lives' is a fascinating topic, it is something that has piqued my curiosity like nothing else.

I am not a religious person, but I do believe and have faith there is a creator of all, and that everything, and we, are all pieces of it. We are all connected to it, we are it, it is us. Our energies, be they positive or negative, affect the whole, all of us/it.

I have watched a few YT vids about a lady called Alba Weinman, who uses hypnotism to regress clients and reveals their past lives and where they go/what happens between lives. She also speaks with clients' 'higher selves', their spirit guides, and also with the Archangels. Many speak of a 'new 'Earth' and humanity's awakening and how mankind's consciousness/awareness is evolving, and will evolve in our lifetime, how we can raise our frequencies to prepare for this huge shift, messages for 'lightworkers' that are here to help. It's absolutely fascinating.

edit on 5-5-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The universe is infinite. Before we we born we could have been anything. We could have been in literal hell or heaven before we came here. Love is the strongest force that controls everything.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join