It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion from hydro vault filled heart of Toronto's business district with smoke,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The vault exploded several times beginning around 5:15 p.m., sparking an electrical fire.

Plumes of brown and black smoke poured from grates outside Scotia Plaza and the Royal Bank of Canada building and sparked shouts from those on the street.

No one was injured in the blast, which Toronto Fire Services said was connected to a vault. The vault contains high-voltage electrical equipment.

Police and fire crews emptied the PATH system and had people exit 20 King St. W., which had its power knocked out during the fire.

Explosion from hydro vault filled heart of Toronto's business district with smoke,

It's interesting because the explosions happened during rush hour underground. Apparently a transformer explosions from some water leaking into the system.
But than the RBC bank in the financial district directly above the explosion was evacuated.
And they won't have any answers for awhile as the area below will be very 'toxic'.
If you asked me in some of the videos you can hear the explosions and it doesn't seem like an electrical explosion of a transformer would continue to poppopopopopopop. And start a ton of fires above ground.

Also there was some people on my FB stating they could see tons of purple and black smoke aswell.

And one of the news anchors thinks it sounds more like it could have been a terroist attack and they just saying transformer to not cause any panic.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sounds like paranoia to me.

A news network not wanting to exploit fear and cause panic? Yea right.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sounds like an electrical fire to me.

No conspiracy as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pimptriggs

And one of the news anchors thinks it sounds more like it could have been a terroist attack and they just saying transformer to not cause any panic.

A terrorist attack that didn't hurt or kill anyone? Pretty lame terrorist attack.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The only two times i have heard a transformer blow- I can say to this day those were the two loudest noises I've ever heard. Each one was one solid BANG like a freaking bomb went off. House shook and all. Nasty yellow and grey smoke from what I recall.....

So I think its possible it was just transformers, but you've got me on the hook- I'm interested in where this goes.

-Alee

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Maybe the vault was just hijacked of all its gold, silver and platinum bullion?? I wonder why it is that underground bank vault fires are usually kept quiet with a low profile media coverage? I remember something similar to a Chase underground vault in NYC some years back. Seemed strange to me then too ....

Yes I did find it,
BREAKING: Massive Fire Reported In The Basement At The JP Morgan Gold Warehouse On Wall Street, 20 F

I don't see anywhere what the cause of the fire was in that 2013 incident.
edit on 5-2-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs

I'm from Toronto, and this was playing on the TV all day yesterday.

No terrorist attack or even a threat of one.

It was a transformer that blew, the only threat is the toxic fumes.

I think it's all good now.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeah it was my thought that maybe not a terroist attack I was only repeating what I had just watched before posting this.
I am definitely interested in seeing the after effects though
And whether or not the explosions/water had "destroyed" things in the vault.
Oh whether they will even mention it?

Also the explosions happened between 2 of the buildings but only the RBC was evacuated. Makes me believe that it if it was let's say a heist it could have been connected underground and filled the inside of the building with smoke. Because otherwise the transformers would be accessed from outside the building.
But that's only speculation

edit on p5905p31Tue, 02 May 2017 12:59:49 -050059121249 by pimptriggs because: Edit

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I'm from Toronto, and this was playing on the TV all day yesterday.

No terrorist attack or even a threat of one.

It was a transformer that blew, the only threat is the toxic fumes.

I think it's all good now.

2 hours ago they just said that king st is still closed off
And odd that they thought it was rain water that caused the explosion.
edit on p0305p31Tue, 02 May 2017 13:03:39 -0500031139 by pimptriggs because: Edit

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Probably just to be safe as they clean up, but I am not sure. I don't think smoke is still coming out of the sewer though.

I'll know for sure later when the news comes back on, and I'll report back here.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ewww. That electrical smoke reeks, it takes a long time to get the smell out of your house once it gets in there.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
*inhales cigarette*

*exhales slowly*

A transformer blew??

*shrugs*

... he needed the money. Ohhhhhhhh......

(prolly wont last long, but hey, Dice!)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread!

new topics

top topics

join