It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I think Star Trek should make a show about Star Fleet Academy. It wold show things from a different perspective and there is alot of potential for charachter drama there. I mean... the characters would be teen-20 something for the most part. I think that would be great.

Or better yet have a show about when Picard was in Star Fleet Academy. He was always refering to his childhood and past in Star Fleet... how rambunktious he was... there is plentty of back stroy to work from on TNG. It could begin with the tension of leaving his home in France to join Star Fleet... and the strife betwwen him and his brother... becoming friends with Bev. Crusher's husband. That would be and excellent show.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
yeah , glad they killed it off - it went totally against startrek cannon - i was expecting such good things from this series. Again the writer burgman or whatever his name is decided to do the old time traveling thing again and got himself into a hole - hence why the stories where so mixed up, and a mess.

I have heard/read that the new series will be here in about 2 to 3 years, and itll not be like anything startrek has been before . Hopefully their get it right this time and make the new series more pre kirks era - and dare i say it, have lame tech just like the tech we all loved in the orginal series.

Great shame bakula got involved with this white elephant - but i guess he was offered mucho £££££ , i like his acting style, liked the guy in quantum leap too...shame he didnt get to captain a more believable enterprise.

:bnghd: hoping.....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The characters on the show were good, with the exception of the Vulcans. They were pricks. Which is silly, vulcans are emotionless, these guys on the show were obviously very condescending and emotionally attached to their own superiority. They were practically sneering. Nimoy's Spock was half human half Vulcan, and he was far more Vulcan than the people from Enterprise.
But still, I liked the show. The Temporal Cold War was stupid though. The problem with DS9 and Voyager, imo, was the huge story arcs. It was even something of a problem with Babylon 5. The good Enterprise episodes were the ones where there was no temporal cold war.
Even if they didn't stick to 'cannon'.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well, for starters, where the hell did they get the SULABAN from (the lizard-skinned race)? I don't recall seeing them in any other trek series, nor have I seen the blue aliens with eye-stalks, either.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattavina
I think Star Trek should make a show about Star Fleet Academy. It wold show things from a different perspective and there is alot of potential for charachter drama there. I mean... the characters would be teen-20 something for the most part. I think that would be great.

Or better yet have a show about when Picard was in Star Fleet Academy. He was always refering to his childhood and past in Star Fleet... how rambunktious he was... there is plentty of back stroy to work from on TNG. It could begin with the tension of leaving his home in France to join Star Fleet... and the strife betwwen him and his brother... becoming friends with Bev. Crusher's husband. That would be and excellent show.

Oh god please no... it'd end up being degrassi junior high, in the trek universe!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The Andorians were in classic trek in a couple of episodes.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Cancelling enterprise was a great move. Unfortunatly star trek 11 with shatner and nimoy will be really really bad.

Just put star trek down, a bullet between the eyes.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The problem with enterprise was that it never stayed true to the original storyline of star trek. I also dont think that humanity bummed all their tech from the vulcans.

I disliked how vulcans were portrayed in this series, almost bigotted. That is the antithesis of how gene rodenberry envisioned star trek.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join