It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050226/en_nm/media_startrek_dc

The fans aren't going to let the show go down without a fight! Come on people, how many shows evoke protests when they are cancelled. Enterprise is something special.

I also have the feeling that if Enterprise goes down, they're might not even be another Star Trek series. That would be.....bad.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
What they should do is switch star trek to one of the big time companies like ABC or CBS. Tonights episode of Star Trek was pretty cool, I really do enjoy the recent episodes the previous seasons were kind of slow. I trully hope they don't cancel it. And I highly doubt this would be the last Star Trek Series.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Are you sure this is official Flinx? They're hyping it on other channels alot now. Bacula interviews. Preview channel ad/specials.

I guess they are trying to save it.

WHEN IS IT ON THOUGH?
I can't find it anymore.

Sci Fi just needs to buy it. No wait, Viacom should to run as original programming on SPIKE. Yup, that's the ticket.

MTV produced Enterprise. I want to see that.

Like Buffy didn't even get good until it moved channels and production companies.

[edit on 26-2-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think an Enterprise movie would grab alot of new viewers if it was written well and was produced well. I never watched Star Trek untill I saw the Star Trek Generations movie. After that I couldn't get enough of it. My fav. series is The Next Generation... and I think that has something to do with it. Besides... you can't beat Patrick Stewart. By the way I think the best TNG movie is First Contact... I love that movie. I think which is why I like Enterprise so much. I like to know about the background or history of things.

But since they aren't willing to even try for another season... going for a movie seems like a pipe dream.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by mattavina]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hmmm...As a fan of the TOS and TNG, I wasn't really too impressed with Enterprise. I think they took alot of big liberties with canon elements. All in all the show just was not appealing to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I love all of the Star Treks (I never was able to se TAS though). Enterprise and TOS were first in my mind, followed by DS9, TNG and lastly Voyager (I think Enterprise beats Voyager anyday).

And as far as Movies go, they never said they weren't going to make any more ST movies just no more TNG Series Movies. If you saw the last episode of DS9 they set it up of nicely for a movie.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Did anyone see the episode tonight set in the Mirror, Mirror universe? That one episode should be a good enough reason to keep Enterprise around.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
wow enterprise really improved overall in the last 2 seasons, but the last espisode was kind of disapointing, was i the only one feeling this way?
I like the outro with all the captains doing the dialoge.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I enjoyed it quite a bit in the last two seasons, but god the season finale was bad. Why on earth did they have to do a crossover type ep for a finale??? What were they thinking??

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, truth be told Enterprise didn't stick with the history very well and obviously didn't bother looking to the novels to fill in the historical gaps, etc. A "new" Klingon on Earth in the very first episode? :shk: Then they jump into the whole Voyager-esque adventure brought to them via an immediate cop-out to the old "temporal shift" bag-o-tricks. Come on guys! Save time travel for periods of "writer's block".

I say, wait five years or so and then come back with a fresh Trek only get a little B-5-esque with it. 18 episodes with 6 each looking at alien home worlds and their culture and religio-socio-geo-political goings on as they relate to the founding of the Federation or the Federation post-DS9 or the Federation during the 100 year war with the Klingon Empire, etc., etc., etc.

I loved those STNG episodes with all the intrigue on Kronos, etc. More alien cultures and chill on the Earthnocentrism, says I. Heck! I'd love to see episodes revolving around the Orion Syndicate or Section 31. And chill on using those "Q-esque" Super Beings and "Time Travel" to agument a lack of writing skills!

And for the sake of Gene already! Get some real writers in there to do some real dialogue-centric episodes and stop whipping out your phase pistol or blowing something up every time the writers have a brain fart! CGI is cool, but in moderation.

The original Star Trek dealt with pressing cultural and sociological issues and they weren't afraid to get preachy and moralistic and raise the freaking bar, like those old westerns! Further, the original show inspired a whole generation to new heights! Stop kowtowing to being so bloody PC and huggy-touchy and moralize a little.

Jerk some tears out of us! Get us PO'd and fighting mad! Move use to compassion! Raise the freaking bar! Make us better people!! Make us feel alive!! Give us a purpose and a calling and some hope for a better tomorrow!!! Don't be afraid to call the PTBs on the carpet and show them just how hypocritical and corrupt they and their misuse of so-called morality and flag waving is.

What I'm saying is.... Don't just entertain! Don't just focus on profit! Wake people up! Star Trek is a powerful medium for influencing and moving people to action. Get a clue and use the tool! Okay.... Them's my two cents worth. Resuming my seat in the Peanut Gallery at this time.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Star Trek is dead, get over it people. The future is Dr Who
and hopefully Farscape and other great and original shows like that(okay Dr Who isn't so original now but its still a great show
)

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
and hopefully Farscape and other great and original shows like that(okay Dr Who isn't so original now but its still a great show
)

Star Trek basher!
Hehehehe.....

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Actually I thought they did a pretty good job of explaining the "new" klingon thread, and tied it in nicely with a TNG episode where Worf said that the difference between the brow ridge/non-brow ridge klingons was a disgraceful time in their history.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thanks God!!! What a terrible show!!! I mean who wants to spend they're day listening to:

Pilot: Captain, Klingons of the port bow

Captain: Again with the Klingons!

Pilot: Captain, how are we going to get out of this one?

Captain: Oh, I dont know! Something to do with the Tacheon emitter???

Pilot: Captain we need to make this decision now!

Captain: Ok. Warp 8 and put on some Snow Patrol!

Pilot: Yes sir!

Captain: Wheres that kid with my latte??

Pilot: The Klingons have fired! We've lost power!

Captain: Is there enough power for my latte?

Pilot: No sir

Captain: What do we have enough power for?

Pilot: Ice Tea and Justin Timberlake.

Captain: Dear God, why couoldn't they have finished us off?!? WHY!?!

I mean JEEZE!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's a shame, Enterprise was a great show. It was really the only "trek" series that appealed to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It was a terrible show! Voyager was the best!

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
whoops didn't see this!!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
Thanks God!!! What a terrible show!!! I mean who wants to spend they're day listening to:

Pilot: Captain, Klingons of the port bow

Captain: Again with the Klingons!

Pilot: Captain, how are we going to get out of this one?

Captain: Oh, I dont know! Something to do with the Tacheon emitter???

Pilot: Captain we need to make this decision now!

Captain: Ok. Warp 8 and put on some Snow Patrol!

Pilot: Yes sir!

Captain: Wheres that kid with my latte??

Pilot: The Klingons have fired! We've lost power!

Captain: Is there enough power for my latte?

Pilot: No sir

Captain: What do we have enough power for?

Pilot: Ice Tea and Justin Timberlake.

Captain: Dear God, why couoldn't they have finished us off?!? WHY!?!

I mean JEEZE!!!

I want to see this in a horrible dream for ANY of the trek captains...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Star Trek has always been a fairly enjoyable show but it was based on a 1960's Sci-Fi, a very poor base, Star Wars suffered from being from the end of 1970 in the latest episodes IMO.

It's better to just REMAKE the original series with some equally tallented actors such as William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy...go a little crazy on getting all the tech up to date so it fits with Enterprise and TNG, well I guess they already kinda screwed them selfs over for this one...

I really liked Babylon 5 though, very fun series, ofcourse it sucked big time for the first seasons, but when the wars were pooring in, it was very enjoyable. (sad sad I know)

My favorite Sci-Fi will remain Star Gate SG1 though.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
)

Dr Who is back and better than ever (Aliens of London anyone?) And Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars was better than Star Trek could ever hope to be.

Enterprise is dead. May it be the last :d

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join