It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was surprised to read see this article saying that UPN has decided cancelled Enterprise...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I know it was less than spectacular for the first few seasons, but this past season the writers started listening to the fans and it was getting really, really good. They had episodes about the Eugenics wars, the creation of the Federation, and why the Klingons looked different in the first series.

They were even going to start dealing with the first war with the Romulans. Enterprise had the potential to overtake all of the other series, IMO. But it's been killed it's crib, so to speak. :bnghd:

Perhaps a vigorous letter writing campaign by fans will change the UPN execs minds.... I mean what are they going to replace Enterprise with? Another lame sitcom, or some stupid reality show. UPN has NOTHING going for it besides Enterprise and a few other programs. I wouldn't think that they were in the position to be picky.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes..................Star Trek is no more !!...........well for the moment anyway.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Give it some time and something else will come along.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
*sigh*
It'll come back, of course.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
But....there always has to be a Star Trek series. Or at least regularly released movies. Since there won't be any more movies, there has to be a series.

Enterprise was actually getting good. Just read this preview of the season finale. It's awesome...

www.startrek.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I know. I thik a scifi channel will pick it up....

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm not a Star Trek fan but I do watch Enterprise from time to time.
I really enjoyed the show. It's too bad its getting canceled.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Let's all put this in perspective:

They didn't cancel DS9 after the first three seasons of pure crap, nor the fourth one. ONly in season five did it get good. Enterprise is the first cancelled Star Trek series, for good reason.

DE

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nah, Enterprise just never felt like Star Trek to me. I think looking back was a mistake for the Star Trek franchise, and I keep expecting Captain Archer to quantum leap off somewhere. Glad to see this series go.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think they would have done better with an 'Excelsior' show with Sulu in charge

Anybody got any spoliers about the Klingons rapid change of facial structure ? - I'm going to assume it was some kind of bio-weapon that changed their DNA.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Pisky, I found a real spoiler searching Google that I had translated from Spanish language blog, but of course, I can't find it. Here is a link that doesn't give everything away, but is informative. Don't click if you don't want this hint from StarTrek.com

I will probably watch Enterprise start to finish on DVD when it comes out before I pass judgement. I diliked Babylon 5 when it aired, but when i could sit & watch the whole thing unfold without waiting a week between episodes, I really enjoyed it.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The people that say Enterprise hasn't seemed like Star Trek and was crap....you're right. It was up until this season. Everyone really should watch the rest of the season (if they can), starting tonight and see if they don't change their minds.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Was'nt there a hint that there wold be a new different star trek show after Enterprise is canceled.

I actualy liked most of the episodes from all the seasons.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I like it now, but didnt like the Time War BS.

This had the chance to be the best Star Trek of them all and I hope it gets a second chance

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Is it even on anymore? More episodes?

I look for it (not hard mind you), but I look.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Meh, no big loss. Im just going to wait for the Star Trek MMO to come out, russle up a crew and make a piece of my own Star Trek history.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well there should be a petition we can all sign isn't there? i mean it happened to the family guy and it got brought back.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
At First I thought the show Enterprise was a cheap scam of the Star Trek Series but then when I saw Gene Rodenberrys name on the captions I was suprised. So what the Show was a tad bit crappy at first but It truly has redeemed it self with the last couple of episodes.

I hope they don't cancel the show Since its all I really watch other then MXC and CNN

PS. Does any one know on what Channel ST TNG was aired on? Was it ABC?

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here's a link to the official "Save Enterprise" site.

saveenterprise.com...

I really hope it works. If Enterprise dies there's only going to be a few currently running sci-fi shows on TV. Three to be exact, all on the same channel on the same night.

Well....4 if you count Andromeda....

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Grey Fox,
I dont know about where you live, but here its on UPN fridays @ 8pm.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
if this series really does die they should think about creating a star trek taking place 100 or 200 years from the time of tng and the other newer shows. they could create anything they want and it would be very interesting. i'm sure it would drive the star trek nuts crazy because they would be introducing things that may have nothing to do with any of the other star trek shows. i think it would be refreshing though to see a star trek with things no one has ever heard of before. hopefully gene's ghost doesn't get angry.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join