It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bout that spending bill?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: introvert

People that believe that the D's and R's don't drink in the same clubs are hoodwinked.

People who believe that things are that simple are delusional.

I didn't say that it was that simple.

But it really doesn't work like that at all. The problem is that two political parties cannot contain the entirety of political positions in Congress. We should really think about expanding into a three party system; that would break the gridlock as it would give an odd number of political opinions instead of the dualistic setup we have now.

The only concern with adding more mainstream political parties to the mix is that things can break down into chaos with no uniformity as some parliaments around the world demonstrate on a regular basis. Plus it can lead to non-majority parties taking control of government more often.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And it only took stupidity on a level that even Congress couldn't stomach to do it too...

I gave you a star though. That was pretty funny.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

People that believe that the D's and R's don't drink in the same clubs are hoodwinked.

People who believe that things are that simple are delusional.

I didn't say that it was that simple.

But it really doesn't work like that at all. The problem is that two political parties cannot contain the entirety of political positions in Congress. We should really think about expanding into a three party system; that would break the gridlock as it would give an odd number of political opinions instead of the dualistic setup we have now.

The only concern with adding more mainstream political parties to the mix is that things can break down into chaos with no uniformity as some parliaments around the world demonstrate on a regular basis. Plus it can lead to non-majority parties taking control of government more often.

I take it that you were reading my posts but haven't finished digesting them.
edit on b000000312017-05-02T08:31:14-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 02 May 2017 08:31:14 -0500800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The gop bent over and took one on this deal.
Their hate of Trump and total lack of the reality of their party has shown through.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As the party in charge.

Republicans are responsible for everything. And I think they know that.

If they don't do the right things here. Then they will be the minority party in a few years.

And health care for them is political seppuku. They know if they take away healthcare from their constituents. They are gone.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Yeah. They are in a really bad spot. A damned if you damned if you don't. Following through on their rhetoric of the last 8 years is HUGELY unpopular right now, but capitulating to the Dems will be seen as a betrayal thanks to years of conservative propaganda teaching their base that compromise is a dirty word.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

And it only took stupidity on a level that even Congress couldn't stomach to do it too...

I gave you a star though. That was pretty funny.

I didn't give him a star but I thought that post was pretty funny too.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Rest assured the Trump WH will institute a blistering Twitter campaign and right the conservative Titanic before it goes off the rails. Believe me!!!

Seriously though....

100 days in and Trump can't find enough republicans that want to be in his cabinet. Somehow Trump need to make amends to the GOP if he wants to get any of his grandiose plans completed or even started for that matter.

Total disarray in Trumps WH.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 2-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I gave you a star even though you did not give me a star because I believe in star karma.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So they passed a bill to promote more spending, but not yet. Look out, here comes the other side of the aisle to fight it.

There will be back and forth discourse, senate hearings, investigations, press conferences, endless press conferences.

They will talk us ears off about it because its a spending bill for the people.

Those hardly ever get passed.

The ones that do like the 54billions for defense or last years trillion dollar plus OMNI bus 'package' get sailed thru the process and announced after with little to no discussion.

Guns get trillions, butter gets the crumbs. I bet most don't even remember, it was hushed thru just before the holidays...

Omnibus

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Rest assured the Trump WH will institute a blistering Twitter campaign and right the conservative Titanic before it goes off the rails. Believe me!!!

Trump raises prospect of government shutdown to leverage better budget for GOP in fall

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The reason for the plan negotiated between the Republicans and Democrats is that we need 60 votes in the Senate which are not there! We....

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

either elect more Republican Senators in 2018 or change the rules now to 51%. Our country needs a good "shutdown" in September to fix mess!

Don't ask me what a "good" shutdown is though. Good isn't an adjective that I would put in front of shutdown...
edit on 2-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That overseas defence spending doesn't seem so great.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

A yuggge part of Trumps problem is Jared the K. who has taken over the WH strategy and operation.

"You simply don't send a boy to do a mans job"

Especially one with no beltway experience... you play it their way or GTFO.

Either Jared and Ivanka get replaced or you reap what you sow!
edit on 2-5-2017 by olaru12 because: Carla, your orders ready.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
How bout that spending bill?

Self immolation.

I only have one word.

Trumpulus.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
One more for the road.

There is no finer example that the greatest threat we face is the two party state.

D's and R's only concern is themselves we do not matter in the slighest.

Their power. Their glory. Forever, and ever.

Not Amen.

That spending bill is nothing but contemptuous.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You dont know an awful lot about US politics , do you ?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't see the budget as a win for democrats. I think the GOP has gone so so far right, stuck in a corner.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And what's bad is that Kushner was better than the alternative he was replacing. Bannon.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You dont know an awful lot about US politics , do you ?

Oh please DO explain how I'm wrong here. I'm so anxiously awaiting you to school me in the things I don't know about politics that make this good for the Republicans and bad for the Democrats.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's the deal, the Republican leadership got caught giving PootyPute a reach around.
The IC knows this as well as the Democratic leadership after the last major CIB, so they're making the repugs dance their tune.

Just keep watching, next week the public hearings start, which is why the orange imbecile has been twittering nonstop nonsense.

K~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join