It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you have done eveything that is significant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I was a teacher for 30 years and I think I tried to tell the truth, but there were limiations currently applied.
Since I tried to tell the truth within the applied limitations, I have to forgive myself.

This is a different world than the one I was born into.

Too far down the rabbit hole for you? That describes almost all humans.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Well that was incredibly vague and non-informative to say the least.

Did you just feel like getting something cryptic off your chest all of a sudden or something???

What is your point??

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I was a teacher for 30 years and I think I tried to tell the truth, but there were limiations currently applied.
Since I tried to tell the truth within the applied limitations, I have to forgive myself.

Too far down the rabbit hole for you? That describes almost all humans.

could you possibly be any more vague? What truths did you try to tell, and what limitations did you run up against? why do I have to ask these questions?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

It is a different world I live in than the world I was born in.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It is a different world I live in than the world I was born in.

Want to describe in what way???

Everyone knows the world changes already. Especially over decades like you're talking about.

Any reason you thought it needed a thread based on such a commonly known idea as "Things change over time"???

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
And just how far down the rabbit hole ''is'' to far? Deep enough to consider that originally posted question is marginally presumptive and speaks of sorely limited vision?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He was born into the standard socio-economic world.
He had a mysterious teacher.
The truths he discovered had no place there, so he was dragged down deep into a rabbit-hole, which was the new underground world of unspeakable truths, where he resides now.

Kinda like the Mandela-Effect, but just to coin a new word: let's call it the:

"Bugs-Bunny-Effect"

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Yes, back in the mid 60's the world was a very different place. In fact, I was having a conversation about this the other day as to how people managed to go from A to B without a sat nav.

Is that the gist of the point you are making?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think he is trying to imply that he taught things that are now not true.

He taught things the way he didn't necessarily believe them to be but wasn't allowed to add additional information.

History is written by the victors, not by those who know the truth.

He feels he betrayed his students, as he was a teacher for 30 years; and didn't teach them the correct information.

Is that what you are implying, Droid?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
I think he is trying to imply that he taught things that are now not true.

He taught things the way he didn't necessarily believe them to be but wasn't allowed to add additional information.

History is written by the victors, not by those who know the truth.

He feels he betrayed his students, as he was a teacher for 30 years; and didn't teach them the correct information.

Is that what you are implying, Droid?

I agree think this is what he was meaning.

@OP, I'm guessing you wished to go back in time and tell your students exactly what you know now back then?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm not usually one to criticize the OP personally... but...
If the original post is an example of teaching style, then the efficacy of such efforts is lacking.

The opening sentence construction doesn't make much sense, beginning in past tense and ending with "there were limitations currently applied".

So unless the OP taught some kind of esoteric "mystery school" material, the whole teacher claim is questionable.

The fact that the world in which we live differs from that into which we were born is both obvious and insignificant.
"The only constant in the universe is change."

Evolve, Adapt or live in the past.

ganjoa

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Sorry, I'm not usually one to criticize the OP personally... but...
If the original post is an example of teaching style, then the efficacy of such efforts is lacking.

The opening sentence construction doesn't make much sense, beginning in past tense and ending with "there were limitations currently applied".

So unless the OP taught some kind of esoteric "mystery school" material, the whole teacher claim is questionable.

The fact that the world in which we live differs from that into which we were born is both obvious and insignificant.
"The only constant in the universe is change."

Evolve, Adapt or live in the past.

ganjoa

Again I agree, the OP doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is not the world I was born on. Of this I have no doubt. Why this is so is the great mystery.

What I remember strongly is in some cases no longer true.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Actually, what I strongly remember is no longer true is now true. And always has been.

Two worlds.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Actually, what I strongly remember is no longer true is now true. And always has been.

Two worlds.

Oh!!! Well that's almost a little bit clearer now.

So is it the Mandela-Effect, or the "Bugs-Bunny-Effect", or something else?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yes. It is the so-called Mandela Effect, even though I was travelling in Asia during the period when Mandela might have died in prison, so I have no memories of that.

But what I do remember is the following.

Kennedy was killed in a car containing 4 people, not 6.
Dolly in the James Bond film had braces.
South America wasn't so far east of North America.
Our kidneys were low enough to receive a kidney punch.
Sally Fields didn't have a last name without an s.

I understand that nothing of this disagrees with your present reality. But it does with mine. I'm serious when it does with mine.

I have zero doubt that I and many others have been shifted to a new remarkably similar Earth for some reason. Maybe the old Earth was destroyed.

We might be in a simulation designed by who knows. Advanced being or god or maybe gods, plural.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Oops. what I remember is that Sally Fields was Sally fuking Fields, and not Sally Field.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

If not 6 people in the car Kennedy was in when shot then who was driving in your version???

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

What exactly did you teach? It certainly wasnt logic.

Nor did it require logical thinking.

My hypothasys is that you taught gym or sewing. If you taught art youd be more well read and then be a better writter. If you taught math you wouldnt be spewing about rabit holes. If you taught history you'd be more loosid.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yes. It is the so-called Mandela Effect, even though I was travelling in Asia during the period when Mandela might have died in prison, so I have no memories of that.

But what I do remember is the following.

Kennedy was killed in a car containing 4 people, not 6.
Dolly in the James Bond film had braces.
South America wasn't so far east of North America.
Our kidneys were low enough to receive a kidney punch.
Sally Fields didn't have a last name without an s.

I understand that nothing of this disagrees with your present reality. But it does with mine. I'm serious when it does with mine.

I have zero doubt that I and many others have been shifted to a new remarkably similar Earth for some reason. Maybe the old Earth was destroyed.

We might be in a simulation designed by who knows. Advanced being or god or maybe gods, plural.

OK: Well; that's one heck of a sack of potatoes!!

Never heard of the James Bond assassinated JFK before. Interesting...

Also: have never heard anyone refer to South-America, as the "kidneys" of North America. Hmmm...

Had sex in a field once, with a girl named Suzy, but mostly the others didn't have a name starting with "S".

It's weird for everyone.

new topics

top topics

join