It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we missed the "party"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just a thought here, I was just reading another post about finding and commuicating with an aloen civilzati9n. My personal thought is this we were late the the party its been almost 14billion years sine the unoverse was formed. I think that were too late all the covilizations eithers destryed themsrlves somehow or evolved to a higher plane or somethong. My point is it took to long for us to evelve whrn you yake on all the factors we were just to late ans missed the party

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

Spellcheck?

Nice theory though.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Spellcheck?

Nice theory though.

Typed it on my phone while walking.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If we missed that party ... oh well.

Carpe Diem!!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe the earth is a giant time-machine and we went back in time to see what the universe was like before the aliens showed up and demolished planet after planet.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's possible, but doesn't seem likely. I think if contact were made tomorrow, "we," i e the "peasants," wouldn't know anything about it until decades later.

Sorry to say, but I think that's how it would happen. All of this questioning of why we haven't had contact is moot. Frankly, I don't think we can know beyond any shadow of a doubt that contact hasn't been made, and we won't be any the wiser if it is made because we won't know about it...
edit on 1-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Ill know everything i need to know about aliens in a couple weeks when Tom Delonge spills the beans.

To me its a numbers game. So.. theres billions of planets and moons and we are the only one with life on it?

That just sounds ridiculous to me.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth. So.. theres billions of planets and moons and we are the only one with life on it?

That just sounds ridiculous to me.
It is ridiculous. To me, the notion that we're "alone" is laughable, but that and contact are two separate issues. We might be living in a proverbial sea of life, but that doesn't mean any of it has any interest in contacting us... Humanity isn't as "special" as it likes to think it is.
My point was that even if contact has been or will be made, we're likely to be the last to know.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Im not saying were all alone im just saying we missed the time when there was a tons of civs out there, and when you look at our location in the milky way were out in the boonies

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I make my own parties. Don't need no stinking aliens.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well all things being equal, we shouldn't exist. All the variables for this planet would favor dinosaurs. We humans are only able to survive so well is that the dinosaurs got wiped out by that Volcano + Meteor + Climate change thing that happened 65million years ago. So it's very Possible that any aliens out there may not be aware that we're even here, or it could also be possible that because of the events of 65 MYA that we might have been allowed to evolve faster then any other alien species out there.

Just food for thought.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I think the party is still on-going, it's just that we are holding the wrong ticket to get in.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think that there are two big alien bouncers looking down on us and saying we don't fit with their dress code. They try and find us a loaner dinner jacket and tie that fits, but none are in our size, so they don't let us into the party and say we have to leave.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Decent theory, although i doubt we missed anything since we weren't even evolved (brain wise) yet.. Mostly every ancient civilisation have stories of Alien/God's that lived with them, says to me maybe some part is true or it's all wishful thinking, ether way if we did miss the party then we're back on with our technology right now and someday we'll catch up.

Maybe they missed out on us by not sticking around?
edit on 2 5 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2 5 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Ummm.
Yeah.

What?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Only if you subscribe to the ancient aliens theory. But that tv show has advanced stories I know have been debunked or shown to be anything other than alien. Once I see a tv show trying to pass off a story that I know is debunked, they lose me as a viewer.
I used to watch ghost hunters too but the B.S. ate through my boots.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Well we are off center but why assume the other civilizations were closer to the center ?
What if they come from a different galaxy? Then they got to us first.

But if we are the only ones that developed in this way so what.
There's certainly enough of us to keep things interesting without involving outsiders.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Only if you subscribe to the ancient aliens theory. But that tv show has advanced stories I know have been debunked or shown to be anything other than alien. Once I see a tv show trying to pass off a story that I know is debunked, they lose me as a viewer.
I used to watch ghost hunters too but the B.S. ate through my boots.

I do agree i've watched all the AA series and i do have a laugh when watching, they do try to explain (out the box) ideas that i'll give them, other than that yeah it's BS.

I was meaning the Alien/god's they really did pray too in ancient times, not so much the AA perspective although it kind of did look that way.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What if the aliens are already among us, and we just don't know it?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

What if the aliens are already among us, and we just don't know it?

No one said they weren't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join