It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens arrested after Portland May Day march turns into riot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Why do we have to be paid? is it that hard to believe that we exist and take actions without getting paid for doing them?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Why do we have to be paid? is it that hard to believe that we exist and take actions without getting paid for doing them?

I personally have my doubt its happening but there are companies that do so it cant be ruled out. Me personally i think this is just a bunch of college kids aka SJW out of touch with reality. They now think anyone who disagrees with them is a Nazi, and have so isolated themselves cant handle a dissenting opinion.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
They make it sound like the downtown area was like, completely sacked or something. But most likely the images they showed of destruction are not "examples" of what happened. They are the entire story.

I deliver in the downtown area of West Portland, which is about 50 blocks from North to South and 13 blocks East to West I haven't seen any crazy wastelands of destruction.

The media is just hyping a fairly small event. Some unruly, angry, pimple-faced angst ridden hipsters trying to justify having a temper tantrum by calling it "anarchy".

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

In touch with reality, we don't call people who disagree with us Nazi's, we call people who belong to neo-fascist and neo-nazi affinity groups that spread fascist/nazi ideology exactly what they are

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Not really, no.

No one does anything for no reason. I get very suspicious when someone, such as yourself, claims otherwise. There's always a reason, or an excuse...always.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

In touch with reality, we don't call people who disagree with us Nazi's, we call people who belong to neo-fascist and neo-nazi affinity groups that spread fascist/nazi ideology exactly what they are

I have a quote for you to think about before we discuss this further.

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well, yeah, we have a reason, anarchy.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The difference is we are not trying to create a white ethnostate, we are not claiming that 'white race' is genetically superior to others, we are not calling people of different sexual orientations and gender identities 'mentally sexual deviants' and should be exterminated

those are the neo-fascist and neo-nazi groups we are talking about, those are the groups that show up at Berkeley and at various Mayday events etc. those are the groups having their "Free speech rallies" when it's a banner to hide behind in order to organise in public and recruit.

Like I mentioned, we are not running around attacking random Trump supporters, everything that has been in the media has been these neo-fascist groups, the Media spins it as 'Trump-vs-Anti-Trump" because that is what sells. if they said 'anarchist and neo-fascist are fighting' it wouldn't get the same sell from the Liberal crowd

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

The difference is we are not trying to create a white ethnostate, we are not claiming that 'white race' is genetically superior to others, we are not calling people of different sexual orientations and gender identities 'mentally sexual deviants' and should be exterminated

those are the neo-fascist and neo-nazi groups we are talking about, those are the groups that show up at Berkeley and at various Mayday events etc. those are the groups having their "Free speech rallies" when it's a banner to hide behind in order to organise in public and recruit.

Like I mentioned, we are not running around attacking random Trump supporters, everything that has been in the media has been these neo-fascist groups, the Media spins it as 'Trump-vs-Anti-Trump" because that is what sells. if they said 'anarchist and neo-fascist are fighting' it wouldn't get the same sell from the Liberal crowd

Your creating whats called a logical fallacy. You declare someone to be fascists this gives you the right to use fascist tactics. The two problems with this approach are one not everyone there is a fascist in fact id bet less than 1 percent.
second if you shut down all other opinions but your own your worse than fascists. That goes straight in to communism which killed more people than Hitler ever did look at Stalin.

You so remind me of this guy

edit on 5/5/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

The end of civilisation isn't a particularly noble goal.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Haven't they learned anything?!?!

Just get the Kardashian kid to give the cops a Pepsi

#HipsterLivesMatter
edit on 5/5/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

The end of civilisation isn't a particularly noble goal.

Alfred Pennyworth: Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

don't compare me with Gavin.

Fighting neo-fascist with physical tactics in Fascism how?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Do explain how anarchy would be the end of civilization

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah! I feel ya brother. I mean I see groups LARPing in the park all the time and they do it for free. That's what people who are passionate about their fantasy do man.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Fighting neo-fascist with physical tactics in Fascism how?

See my monsters quote i told you to think about. Here ill give it to you again and think about it this time.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

Do explain how anarchy would be the end of civilization

Well without the State society ceases to function normally and with that goes civilisation itself.

Of the course abolishing the State is a ridiculous notion to begin with because it can't possibly be done.

Lets say you have your horrible anarchist revolution. No laws, no government, no state. Everyone who vocally disagrees with you has been murdered along with their entire families. The courts and prisons have been burned to the ground. Well now what?

Well. In order to protect your new classless, stateless society you will need someone to protect it from outsiders. Which means you need an Army. Now you need to raises taxes to pay the Army, and as soon as you do those two things you have a rudimentary State.

And if you don't do it somebody else will.

I could go on longer but I don't want to waste my time with an anarchist.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Anarchy for the sake of anarchy, huh?

Oh, that's just about as stupid a reason to do something as one could possibly come up with. A childish temper tantrum with the added joy of possibly getting shot.

Woo-hoo, sign me up.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Why?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So your belief is that each person or household should govern themselves. Anarchy by definition has no leader and is ultimately a society that allows each person to decide how to govern their own life.

What are your goals as an anarchist? What are YOU protesting and what is it YOU want to accomplish as such?

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join