It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens arrested after Portland May Day march turns into riot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

PORTLAND, Ore. -- What began as a peaceful march for labor rights on May Day in Portland turned violent as a group of self-described anarchists threw objects at officers and officers fired non-lethal weapons back. Police canceled the permitted march and deemed it a riot as tensions escalated.

Portland police said more than two-dozen people were arrested.

Rallies began at noon and a march started at about 3 p.m. Portland police reported members of an anarchist group threw smoke bombs and other objects at police officers at about 4:10 p.m.

www.kgw.com...

Here we go again, a supposedly peaceful march turned violent when "self-described" anarchists decided to resort to violence by throwing objects at police officers. The violence also included the destruction of private, and public property.

Photos of the destruction can be found in the link.

So far dozens have been arrested in Portland.

But, the same thing has happened to other "May day Marches" across the world which have turned violent.

Police, protestors clash in Paris May Day rally

So this seems to have been a concerted effort by groups of anarchists, amongst others, across the world. Although some nations like in Russia, which had 1.5 million marching, "public order has not been violated".

edit on 1-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment and add link.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The day Demonstrators grab cops to drag them down and cuff them ... that'll be The Day. LOL

No need to throw stuff at them. Just overwhelm them with numbers and secure their hands behind their backs.

Get the word out!!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

So I have a question.

Given the modern day fast access of information public and private, how come these guys aren't being outed long before anything transpires. Did they find some secret bandwidth to communicate through and recruit?

+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Damn anarchists have been ruining protests here for a few months now. They don't even care what's being protested. It's as if we fed our hipster libertarian population here bath salts.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Antifa ruin everything.

I do wonder why the US continues to tolerate them.

Anarcho-terrorists are the true enemy within it seems.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I wish i could care about stuff enough to riot.
But i dont.
Im no fun.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Doctrines are for gullible idiots.
All their exponents are meeting on the dunghill, counting the money. There is no war at the top. The war is being waged from the top downwards, it is the same old game, and the masses are falling for it again.
And looking for peace and reason in the hot battlefield is madness, this war is like an acid rain, everywhere. You can find a temporary shelter, but eventually it is going to get to you.
Everything is backwards, we have surpassed 1984 by well over 33 years.
edit on 152017 by trisvonbis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Unless and until mass arrests are made, and serious charges filed, this crap will continue. Arresting a handful does not work.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The day Demonstrators grab cops to drag them down and cuff them ... that'll be The Day. LOL

No need to throw stuff at them. Just overwhelm them with numbers and secure their hands behind their backs.

Get the word out!!

And my merry bunch of Libertarians were being called 'anarchist". I think not.... Perhaps we can relabel the Libertarians as freedom lovers. Freedom is costly and blood is spilled to ensure future generation can pursue happiness. This Anarchy mess is total disaster where my freedom is in huge danger of being infringed. THe ones needing handcuffs are the looters. Police are getting bashed for doing a needed job. YES they have gone to far but we have to reel the Po Po in towards their Constitutional purpose and not head bashing to head bash.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Damn anarchists have been ruining protests here for a few months now. They don't even care what's being protested. It's as if we fed our hipster libertarian population here bath salts.

I dare say, Libertarians they are NOT. Liberty is the base word, not anarchy. Ron Paul would not approve of riots.

ETA

Rioters with the commie flag not Libertarians at all. They are the opposite of what people who support Libertarians want. Mayhem and looting are not good for society, personal freedom ends at the tip end of my and your noses. Destroying other peoples stuff, lively-hood and lives is not what freedom is. That is pure anarchy all right in that video.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Did I read in one of the prior RIOT threads that they all get a mandatory 10 years of jail time now?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Those aren't anarchists, they're opportunistic assholes. I know plenty of actual anarchists (my better half included) None of them would deign to stoop to doing this s#.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Did I read in one of the prior RIOT threads that they all get a mandatory 10 years of jail time now?

Maybe too harsh but something has to be done to send the message that society does not thrive under their anarchist BS and that appears to be the story they want, death of society as we know it.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Those aren't anarchists, they're opportunistic assholes. I know plenty of actual anarchists (my better half included) None of them would deign to stoop to doing this s#.

But it is certainly anarchy on the street. Star for sharing...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Nyiah

But it is certainly anarchy on the street. Star for sharing...

Indeed there is. I find it suspicious that right when various individual Anarchist groups are trying to coalesce into a legit political party, that Antifa pops up.

Coincidence my ass.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Police are getting bashed for doing a needed job.

Are they? Or is what they're doing called, "Following orders"?

Here's the problem: Your average every-day-ordinary citizen is more than capable of keeping the peace. The problem is when the PoPo are sent to arrest citizens for doing what everyone knows what needs to be done.

The PoPo are an unnatural influence on today's society. They used to be tolerated when they were on the side of good. That time is past ... they're on the side of payroll now.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yeah, if I was a conspiracy theorists, and this was conspiracy site ,I'd say they are paid agent provocateurs.
Seriously they served no positive purpose..

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Some are simply following orders and poop on the constitution no doubt. A lot of them are there to help innocent people survive bad situations brought on by bad people wanting to do bad things to people. I am hearing that song from a tv show with vampires, set in Louisiana now what was it where the songs says "i want to do bad things to you" (evil incarnate)?

I liked Dragnet references where Joe Friday was there to 'protect and serve'.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I dare say, Libertarians they are NOT. Liberty is the base word, not anarchy. Ron Paul would not approve of riots.

ETA

Rioters with the commie flag not Libertarians at all. They are the opposite of what people who support Libertarians want. Mayhem and looting are not good for society, personal freedom ends at the tip end of my and your noses. Destroying other peoples stuff, lively-hood and lives is not what freedom is. That is pure anarchy all right in that video.

Ya, Im calling bs on this. Its a bunch of neocommies pretending to be anarchists. Has nothing to do,with Libertarians.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Your average every-day-ordinary citizen is more than capable of keeping the peace.

Perhaps you have a point
When the communists came in to Berkeley and the police had orders to stand down, the Americans commenced to beat the ever loving snip out of them.
The only thing the cops did was make sure the Americans didn't carry guns. I think a bit of 2nd amendment might be in order to get the commies and anarchists to know their place in society (that place being in a decorative urn, grave, or unmarked ditch in the woods)

And now you know why we need cops.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join