It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: "Mad Cow" Spreading in Deer and Elk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
With all the evidence that you have pointed out, we can liken these to nanoparticles... that never die... and kill when they build up in the system...

there is no way to filter out every thing we come into contact with... we need to find a way to twist these little buggers to work for us... teach them to fold properly... or even to attract to another type of particle that can be flushed from the body...

there is no way i am living my life in a bubble... (unless i am on mars)

we have to consider these things our cohabitants on this world since they are here and nearly impossible to destroy...

can't we all just get along (with prions)

There are so many novel methods that haven't been researched...

like for instance... has any radiation experiment taken place yet, to see if they can mutate into a harmless or repaired form?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

we have to consider these things our cohabitants on this world since they are here and nearly impossible to destroy...

can't we all just get along (with prions)

Laz - I really like you and I think you're cute. But. You're kidding right?

...You've said before there are too many people on the earth and we need to get rid of them, rather than get rid of the industries that are sucking up the resources and destroying the planet.

Now you're saying we need to learn how to live with a man-made plague that's infecting every life form on the planet and destroying everything but the microbes.

So in the world according to Lazarus the long - people gotta go, but prions can stay. ....wtf?!?

There are so many novel methods that haven't been researched...

like for instance... has any radiation experiment taken place yet, to see if they can mutate into a harmless or repaired form?

Where do you think half the mutated strains came from?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yes of course i am kidding about the "getting along with your freindly neighborhood prions" and thank you... you are cute as well

they are nasty buggers that need to go, but I will settle on the whipping them into submission option if that is all we can do...

I am serious about the radiation thing... there are a lot of different kinds..
Maybe watching to much TV can kill them off......If were true...I'D BE CLEAN!

And about the population thing, please don't misconstrue my remarks,...
I merely think that releaving a little pressure on the growing population problem by restricting births is a whole lot better than culling the flock later... I am an objectivist on such topics.... if faced with evidence that the earth cannot support the population it has (global warming) then one has to think of realistic and even fair options for ensuring the harder choices DON'T have to made later on...And i am a greenie, so i do believe we should all clean up the environment, but we need to do both... because it looks like we could use every edge for survival.

I travel alot and have seen first hand the rural areas turn into citys, and with them comes massive waste of the environment...
most people are just not good to the environment unfortunatly, the world can take some free riders, but it has a bad case of fleas right now...so a little flea birth control seems like the most humane thing to do... and china has already proven it can be done...

any thoughts to the idea that the "freaky alien" cow mutulations are really Black op G-men methods to monitor the spread?
any deer mutulations?
I am serious... (i know, i kid alot, so i try to be clear)

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I travel alot and have seen first hand the rural areas turn into citys, and with them comes massive waste of the environment...
most people are just not good to the environment unfortunatly, the world can take some free riders, but it has a bad case of fleas right now...so a little flea birth control seems like the most humane thing to do... and china has already proven it can be done...

FYI - the earth's population growth rate is already falling, has been for a while. Partly because prion diseases affect fertility. ...there is a CIA world population growth website with projections, shows falling rate. Don't have link handy, but should come up easily with search

any thoughts to the idea that the "freaky alien" cow mutulations are really Black op G-men methods to monitor the spread?

hmmm. interesting idea, plausible.

any deer mutulations?

haven't heard - anyone else?

whew. so relieved you were kidding. hate to think anyone's loyalties could be so skewed up.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Finally found a reputable source on the "alien cow mutulation" question...
rense had ALOT, but i choose to find better reference...
Soficrow, could you U2U me with a little advice on quoting this properly.

excerpts from report:
police officers investigative report

quote: "Quietly and secretly, The United States Army and the Center For Disease Control have worked together, off & on, for years. The National Institute of Health (NIH) has been tasked with tracking and studying something even more frightening: Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathies and other Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs). Much of the research has been conducted at Rocky Mountain Labs. Originally it was thought that a foreign power might be trying to contaminate the American food supply. Instead they discovered a new variation of TSEs. But TSEs are no new biological evolution, in fact they are much older than the primates.

The funding for this research is hidden in the NIH's black budget for the study of AIDS. Neither AIDS or BSE are viruses, rather they are the consequences of immune systems that have been thwarted. The research has been kept quiet to prevent an outbreak of panic. But the cats out of the bag, all of us are in the same boat. Every American who's ever eaten meat has potentially been exposed to our new, common threat: Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies.

Over the last ten years, law enforcement in dozens of States have been trying to track and identify unmarked helicopters sighted where area livestock have been discovered dead under suspicious circumstances.

The helicopters are seen before and after these cows are found in pastures, missing certain organs. The same things are always taken. Bovine jaws are stripped to the bone, reproductive organs removed, entire tongues, digestive tracks and rectums are "cored" out. There is little to no blood at the scene.

Many tissue samples taken by police investigators and analyzed at veterinary labs, show signs of exposure to heat, three hundred degrees or more. The tissue is cooked and the incisions are cauterized by the heat. This prevents blood and other fluids from leeching onto the ground. Everything taken has to do with input, output and reproduction.

In recent mutilation cases, Alabama 1993 & 1994, California 1996 and Florida 1997; pharmaceuticals have been found in bovine blood. They are: Barbiturates, Anti-coagulants, Synthetic Amphetamines, Aluminum-Titanium-Oxygen-Silicon flakes, and Antimony (Antimony: A brittle lustrous white metallic element occurring in nature, free or combined, used chiefly in alloys and in compounds in medicine. Webster's). According to recent police reports, some investigating officers have claimed that the concentrations of drugs found are not of veterinary nature, that the are pharmaceutical concentrations found would be more associated with humans. Among those law enforcement agents who have thoroughly investigated these bovine excision sites, there is a consensus that some kind of medical testing going on.

The additional presence of helicopters on scene, before and after cattle are found dead missing specific organs, leads both victimized farmers and investigating officers to conclude that there is a connection. But why use human drugs on cows? Use your imagination."
end quote

[edit on 4-2-2005 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I will repair the disordered quote from previous when possible,

but for now, this is a startling connection...

if the cow mutulations seem to bear the marks of incisions ont he places mentioned, and are performed using heat cauterizing methods, then it falls into line, that they are trying to prevent any contamination of samples as well as trying to prevent the samples from contaminating the GROUND...

it is the most resonable theory of why Aliens wanted a bunch of cow vaginas that i have heard of yet... (i always wondered... what do they use them for? and do i want to know?)

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

it is the most resonable theory of why Aliens wanted a bunch of cow vaginas that i have heard of yet...

Yes. I would say so too. These body parts are also infected in prion infections...

The article says prions have always been on the earth - BUT - something is waayyy out of whack. ...New strains started evolving and spreading around the early 1900's.

Hmmm. So the epidemics are being monitored - but new prevention technologies are not being implemented. How interesting.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
soficrow:
the article had much of the same documented evidence that you have already pointed out.
in the opinion of the officer doing the investigation
" the results were kept secret to prevent public panic"

If the population of the world is truly decreasing now, then that sort of removes most of the reasons of "population reduction thru negligence" and puts it more in the "to prevent panic " column.

so we seem to have come full circle...

is it tuly possible to clean the food distribution systems of these? do the powers that be, think it would be money badly spent with little effective result?

do they think efforts to do so might cause the panic they are trying to prevent?

And one final question for now... are prions in vegetables? (as i eat my veggie sub)

methinks we have a thread research project looming... u2u me please

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

is it tuly possible to clean the food distribution systems of these? do the powers that be, think it would be money badly spent with little effective result?

Yes - altho the longer we wait the harder it will be - but I think it's a policy of "benign neglect" - see the "Final Solution"

The Final Solution

do they think efforts to do so might cause the panic they are trying to prevent?

....That's the argument 'they' use to keep people quiet - but it's not really why.

And one final question for now... are prions in vegetables? (as i eat my veggie sub)

They are in yeast - and seem linked to 'gall' type of cancer in a certain plant (name escapes me right now)... The entry is via an actin protein - which is everywhere.

But it IS doable - if we stand up and stop them from making worse (which they are doing), and start cleaning up, we can fix it.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This might be a dumb question, but whatever.

It seems that prions occur in nature and have mutated, possibly through human intervention, okay?
How is naturally-occurring prions so different from naturally occurring anthrax? It too can lie dormant in the ground for years. And can be used for evil.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Thank you Soficrow. We've been trying to warn traditional Natives about this. You know, we spray deer urine on our clothes when we bow hunt. For camouflage of scent. Years ago, I got a funny feeling about a piece of deer meat donated to a Native elder. I put it in the fire outside. Everyone got mad at me. I said, 'that meat is not right'. I can't hunt now, can't fish. Are these changes karma, or industrial, or military, or have the Aliens nailed our hides to the wall without our knowing it? You know, there are 'winter feeding programs' where wildlife agents throw manufactured feed to wild herds. I never liked that, its not natural.

What more can I say? This makes me cry.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
This might be a dumb question, but whatever.

It seems that prions occur in nature and have mutated, possibly through human intervention, okay?
How is naturally-occurring prions so different from naturally occurring anthrax? It too can lie dormant in the ground for years. And can be used for evil.

Very, very good question. Was going to go offline but will try to answer as well as can right now.

Prions mutate into different strains - very quickly, in response to any change like heating, cooling, exposure to chemicals, even to new cells. ...They do occur naturally BUT something happened to "open a door" or change their nature or something - now they are mutating, multiplying and spreading like crazy...

Prions can jump back and forth from man to microbes to animals and around with NO problem. So we've got infectious prions riding on viruses - mutating AND making the viruses mutate. Evolutionary processes that used to take a hundred years now roll over in a day, maybe hours...

Check these out if you can track them down.

Dangerous liaisons between a microbe and the prion protein. J Exp Med. 2003 Jul 7;198(1):1-4. Aguzzi A, Hardt WD. PMID: 12847133

A review of pathological, molecular, and biochemical evidence supporting the hypothesis that herpesviruses are involved in the development of vascular diseases. PMID: 9514401

This all CAN be fixed - but we need to admit there's a problem, and force the authorities to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join