It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another college, another speaker, another cry for censorship

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Why the # do you keep bringing up ATS?

WRONG guy again? You realize you're talking to like 5 different people right now? I never even once mentioned ATS.

### look they censored my words but they can't censor my message. See the difference?

Talking to you is tiring. Bye

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

So nobody will take my dare?
I know why.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Did you miss all the #### in my post?

Bye Felicia

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
#### ### knowledgehunter
Take it what you will. *winks*
I hope you get my point.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Look, if you are over 11 years old, I really, really feel sorry for you and the people who have to deal with you on a regular basis. I've not seen such juvenile behavior since I visited a preschool class.

We all have freedom of speech. We also have the freedom to ignore speech with which we disagree. We have freedom to peaceably assemble and make our opinions known. If the dude wanting to shut down the pro-Sharia chick wants to stand outside the venue with placards opposing her point of view, he's welcome get the required permission from the venue and do so. Because this is the United States of America, where we are tough enough to hear things with which we disagree without violent reactions. At least we are supposed to be that tough because as children we were taught that self-discipline is important to learn in order to be accepted by a civil society. Part of being a mature adult is to know when to speak and when to remain silent.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How often does it need saying before it sinks into some thick skulls?

To support the right to speak is not to support the speech itself.

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.--François-Marie Arouet aka Voltaire.

It's the First Amendment for an f'n reason, people. Freedom of speech means not only speech I agree with, but speech that makes me want to kill the person uttering the words.

What give any of you the right to silence them? Who are you going to silence next?

You don't like what's being said? DON'T LISTEN, TURN AWAY, CHANGE THE ((BLEEP)) CHANNEL!! This isn't rocket science--don't like it, don't listen. Don't like it, exercise your own free speech and refute what is being said. Don't silence them, because you become your own worst enemies.

Feel free to ignore this, that is, after all, part and partial to freedom of speech...ignoring that which you don't like.

edit on 5/1/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Basically you are saying the ATS staff are a bunch of juveniles?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What is it that you are attempting to prove? That freedom of speech isn't absolute? Anyone with half a damned brain is well aware of that.

Swearing on ATS? That's the best you've got? This is a privately held business that is kind enough to allow us to play here for free, save for a few simple, easy to follow rules that can all be summed up in one sentence...

Don't be an ass.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You missed the convos and you missed the posts I made about the OP. He created this just to inflame the issue and divide us apart. No idea why.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wait what? Now you're complaining about a Democrat speaking out against Sharia law? Now I am confused.
That's why I think all this bipartisan thing is bull.

Shiria law is NOT recognized as a legal form of law in our country. If a cultural group of peoples want to live by Sheria law.

They should have stayed in their own countries to practice their cultural laws, Instead of protesting to change OUR laws to accommodate their cultural laws. Idiotic in my opinion. You come to MY country as a refuge. You assimilate to OUR laws. And OUR culture.

Des
edit on 1-5-2017 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You missed the convos and you missed the posts I made about the OP. He created this just to inflame the issue and divide us apart. No idea why.

Please, explain to me how you came to this conclusion

.Des

link   
I think this sums it all up nicely. If we don't use it, we will lose it. The key word is FREEDOM, within logical limits.

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The OP has made it abundantly clear that while he does not share the beliefs that this woman espouses, nor do I for that matter, she most assuredly has the unequivocal right to state them publicly, to stand or not on their merits.

I find nothing untoward about his stance here, or elsewhere.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
If I understand this right, the occasion is as a featured commencement speaker not a mere speaking engagement. As such, I think it would be more disappointing to those that worked so hard to pass to this level and graduate to have to decide not to attend. This event if FOR the student body, the entire student body. It represents a culmination of their own, and EARNED, years of effort to graduate.

If this was a mere speaking engagement, would say let her speak and those that disagree can decide for themselves how to respond (protest in person or refuse to attend). But, to be forced not to attend your commencement, a once in a lifetime event for most I am sure. It is not equal to a random guest speaker IMO.

It's a set up.

Cries of islamophobia will be heard throughout the land if people protest or not attend their own graduation.

And cue blaming the right.

link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

a reply to: DBCowboy

Wait what? Now you're complaining about a Democrat speaking out against Sharia law? Now I am confused.
That's why I think all this bipartisan thing is bull.

Shiria law is NOT recognized as a legal form of law in our country. If a cultural group of peoples want to live by Sheria law.

They should have stayed in their own countries to practice their cultural laws, Instead of protesting to change OUR laws to accommodate their cultural laws. Idiotic in my opinion. You come to MY country as a refuge. You assimilate to OUR laws. And OUR culture.

Des

That's what I have been saying.
And I wish ATS would give me the right to say this: #### the radical Muslims and #### Sharia law.
Oh oops did ATS censor my speech? I have the free speech right.

link   

I haven't felt the need to refute such irrational claims nor did I feel the need to sling insults since he was doing it to himself in a far better fashion than I ever could.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

How were you censored when we can all read and understand what you wrote? You were able to freely say it even if a word or two is blocked.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

Basically you are saying the ATS staff are a bunch of juveniles?

Not at all.

What I am saying is the gradual juvenile content of your posts sinking to a non cognitive level of teenage "I dare you too".
Leads me to believe it's past your bedtime.

Sweet Dreams...

Des

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

So you agree that the OP is being a juvenile?
Thank you for agreeing.
edit on 5/1/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Still wont take my dare?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join