It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another college, another speaker, another cry for censorship

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well for one you wrongfully accused me of accusing you of being a stalker when the real accuser can be seen on this same page and if you actually took the time to look instead of being so excited to reply to somebody that replied to you, you would notice.

Slow down and focus man, you're all over the place.

It was like you didn't even notice that you were talking to somebody different. Just go back and look at what happened.
edit on 1-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So that university is a government entity?

If it's receiving federal funding, which most universities do, the university and the government are liable for rights violations. That goes for any federally funded agency, institute, facility, etc.
edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 01 May 2017 21:03:19 -05005pmMondayst09pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Glad you're getting something out of this thread besides a lack of support. So happy to be of service.

In looking up "Freedom of Speech", I found this to be the most concise and direct:

freedom of speech : the right to express information, ideas, and opinions free of government restrictions based on content and subject only to reasonable limitations (as the power of the government to avoid a clear and present danger) especially as guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution — see also free speech — compare censorship, prior restraint

www.merriam-webster.com...

So, as a rule, Americans have taken this to mean that they can express themselves, their beliefs, opinions, etc., and not be stopped. Exceptions to this include yelling FIRE in a crowded theater, libel, slander, insulting somebody's momma, etc. This is particularly important regarding freedom of the press, something that, it seems, doesn't exist anymore.

Personally, when you say what you think, others will say what they think. The free exchange and discourse of ideas is vital. To bottleneck the flow of ideas through the squeeze of political correctness, fear of curse words, religious ideology, or just being a plain old tightarse, makes it a lot harder to be a free thinking individual.

I am willing to take whatever comes my way if I say how I feel, and I am willing to let others say what they want to, as long as they understand that I may not like it.

Personally, everything you have written is about as popular as a nekkid romp in poison ivy, but I never once suggested that you go away.

I only thought it.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You're persistent I'll give you that. And I noticed you edited one of your posted. But I will concede my mistake about accusing you if that's truthful. But why be silly? All I pointed out was that the OP is trying to make this a bipartisan issue? Focus on that.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Oh yeah. We all have the right to free speech. The point is the place and time. First Amendment protects us from our government, not each other and especially not this site.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm just being a little gadfly meanie. Stalking is rather boring in reality.

However, he did mention just how familiar he is with the OP's writings, to the point that he made some rather unflattering accusations.

Stalking is as stalking does.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We can't just allow nice speech.

We've got to allow ALL speech, even if it goes against the grain.

This.

That's one of THE primary foundations for freedom of speech: to protect unpopular speech, for unpopular speech is the easiest to be on the chopping block and the object of suppression, and why the protections for the freedom to speak unpopularly is so important.

link   

If? Sorry but there's no if. The proof is on the previous page, you can look for yourself.

And you're also wrong about these threads being partisan, and it's actually all the deflectors making it partisan, but I don't expect you to understand that because you've been here since the start.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Oh yeah. We all have the right to free speech. The point is the place and time. First Amendment protects us from our government, not each other and especially not this site.

I guess you are the expert on the time, the place, and the site. Go ahead and let us know what is what.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Oh i know because I've been debating with him in all of these threads.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Go ahead and cuss on ATS. I dare you.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Personally, when you say what you think, others will say what they think. The free exchange and discourse of ideas is vital. To bottleneck the flow of ideas through the squeeze of political correctness, fear of curse words, religious ideology, or just being a plain old tightarse, makes it a lot harder to be a free thinking individual.

Exactly why there is the concerted effort by many to censor and suppress free speech. Free thinkers are a clear and present danger to tyranny.

Great response!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

So are you saying that ATS is wrong to censor free speech?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Can I borrow your free speech schedule? I seem to have misplaced mine...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Does ATS receive federal funding?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Don't ask me. Ask ATS.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Does ATS receive federal funding?

The conspiracy theorist in me would say yes.

link   

Some people have the ability to do many things at once.

Which is the ability to screw up many things at once.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Some people have the ability to do many things at once.

Which is the ability to screw up many things at once.

Like Trump been doing?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Don't ask me. Ask ATS.

Why are you asking me? I don't own or operate this site.

You're weird.
edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 01 May 2017 21:26:15 -05005pmMondayst09pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join