It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another college, another speaker, another cry for censorship

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This peaceful protest crap exists in some make-believe leftist utopia.

What we're seeing now far more often than not is rioting and the threat of violence against those they disagree with. Or screaming/chanting on campuses so speakers literally cannot be heard and the event gets shut down. That's not protesting either.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

When a mob silences someone by their actions, it is censorship.

It is not protest.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Or maybe it's posible that the media makes it appear more often?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tayumar

I said his other threads. And he even admitted it.

Sighs you miss the point. The OP has been suggesting that we can demand to speak and be heard at anywhere and any time and we'll have to give in to them because First Amendment.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You don't give up do ya?

Notice with every new thread, the deflectors are less and less, you're the only one left and you've been arguing with anyone and everyone that comes through here. You haven't been saying much, you've been acting very childish, you hardly make any sense and the point you keep trying to make is not resonating with anyone but yourself. I know you like debating, but maybe it's time to take a break and focus on a different topic.

I mean this sincerely

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You don't make sense either. That's why it has been difficult to debate with you. Neo usually doensn't make sense either but at least he's open and he has been funny. It's hard to convince him that not all on the left are like that and that peaceful protests are protected speech.
So. Take a break.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

See what I mean? I was trying to be sincere with you and save you the embarrassment you keep giving yourself, and all you can do is deflect back to me and embarrass yourself even more.

Good day, I am going to try my best from now on to not respond back to you.

Ciao boo

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Go cry more.
Anyway I just realized the irony of your post. You basically told me to shut up and leave, just like the Antifa did to Milo and Ann.

Toodles.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Or maybe it's posible that the media makes it appear more often?

You can't trust anything the media says or does.

Since it's nom de plume is making heroes in to villains and villains in to heroes.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I agree. That's why everytime I read news I always check the sources, even biased left-wing news.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You do now eh?

So you don't like that exercise of free speech ?

Which it's pretty much what a 'protest' is.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They can lie all they want. Lies are still protected free speech. It's our responsibility to separate facts from falsehoods.
edit on 5/2/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You don't give up do ya?

Notice with every new thread, the deflectors are less and less, you're the only one left and you've been arguing with anyone and everyone that comes through here. You haven't been saying much, you've been acting very childish, you hardly make any sense and the point you keep trying to make is not resonating with anyone but yourself. I know you like debating, but maybe it's time to take a break and focus on a different topic.

I mean this sincerely

Wait a minute...
Don't make your argument based on how many there are in your gang and echo chamber...poor form

Nice Antifa behavior you just displayed.
edit on 2-5-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They can lie all they want. Lies are still protected free speech. It's our responsibility to separate facts from falsehoods.

No lies are not protected.

It's called slander, demagoguery,dogma,histronic,hyperbole,vitriol, and the list goes on.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Slander and libel are different. If I tell a woman no when she asks me if her pants make her butt look big is it a protected free speech?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm going to step in one last time here. You don't seem to realize that the OP is saying exactly what you are saying.
That is, up to the point where someone's free speech infringes upon another (like "peaceful" protesting that prevents someone else from expressing their own opinion). Free speech is not selective. If chants, shouts, and silly posters is all you've got then that's a pretty weak argument.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I'll stop talking about that. It's a beef that I have with the OP in multiple threads like this.
Basically I am just tired of people painting the whole left with a broad brush. That's all.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Slander and libel are different.

How ?

The both mean the same dam thing.

Be it for the biblio's, 'Bearing false witness' or for the legalese.

Making false and misleading statements about people, and things should not be tolerated in any form.

If we are not honest to others we sure as snip can't be honest with ourselves.

Not a fan of the 'ends justify the means'.

Not one iota.
edit on 2-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

With all due respect miss zazzy, if u can read every post he has said in this thread and disagree with any point of my assertion, then you may be on to something.

As for as my Antifa behaviour, so me being blunt and giving him some advice for his better being is now suppression and censorship from violence?

C'mon zazzy.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So Trump's lies should not be tolerated?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join