It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter in Dallas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
a reply to: dfnj2015

It does. It's just not news material if the shooter wears a badge.

If only that were remotely accurate and not just star-farming hyperbole.

Alas, it is not.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That's totally cool. I wasn't trying to be a dick. My apologies for my crappy social skills.
I understand,when our people get shot I get wound up too.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Fair enough. Your comment didn't seem to make any differentiation between standard LEOs and federal agency men. The irrational hatred of police and a minority of society accepting it is a large part of why we're seeing more of these ambush attacks against first responders and we should all be attacking that first, IMO.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wrong. I can provide you with some stuff to look into if you'd like. I'll pm it to you if your interested.
And I was not star farming- I could really care less, if it was worth cash that would be different.
Again. I am not anti-cop. I am anti psycho federal agency badge holders though- those guys scare the hell out of me.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yup, I see that. I should have expounded a little more.
My bad.
Again, I don't condone civilians going about their lives being shot at by people with issues.
Sorry for any confusion.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The medics treat all victims, whether they are good guys or bad guys. Shooting them it about as low as someone can go if there is a distinction to be made about shootings.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There are 320 million people in this country. I'm surprised based on the total number of people here that this doesn't have everyday multiple times per day.

Why ?

Just proves that 99.99% of the US population are responsible with their weapons.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There are 320 million people in this country. I'm surprised based on the total number of people here that this doesn't have everyday multiple times per day.

Why ?

Just proves that 99.99% of the US population are responsible with their weapons.

...because that fact is woefully inconvenient to the narrative that the US is full of gun wielding psychopaths and we should all be disarmed for our own safety.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

...because that fact is woefully inconvenient to the narrative that the US is full of gun wielding psychopaths and we should all be disarmed for our own safety.

Due to the 1% up to no good is why much of the other part of society stays armed. Having a properly stored firearm, for the case that it is needed, isn't hurting anyone.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Neighborhood WATCHES will revert to patrolling ,because police can't be there 24/7

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Watch a live helicopter feed from the scene.
Fox4 Dallas: Live Feed

And this is the house they are currently "observing"...

Looks like they have the heavy truck deployed too.

edit on 5/1/2017 by Krakatoa because: updated and added new pic

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Tried to add it to a response here but it wouldn't go through. 1 dead, 3 injured. stabber in custody

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks like more units are being brought to the area now.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: liveandlearn

Sad day for Dallas and sad times for the area as well. Just read yesterday where Dallas is way short of cops/firefighters/ems personnel and the city is in some pension crises relative to all three. I live 200 miles west of San Antonio and our county and all the bounding counties are hiring cops/firefighters/ems from the big cities in droves.

Considering today's news, I'm not surprised they don't want to work in the cities.

Dallas has chosen to be a very low paying option with poor pension management to boot. They lose good officers to higher paying cities (many smaller cities than Dallas) all the time. Dallas is a horribly managed city, unfortunately.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

edit on 1-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: bah never mind

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Recent update:

Shooter found dead in the house. A press conference is starting soon.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It doesn't, because we're not the crazy, gun-nut, hateful society that is hyperbolized in the media and the world stage. We're decent people generally doing decent things, and when something like this does happen, more people tend to step up and be extraordinary human beings in the face of it.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Said another person in the house was also dead. Neighbor that was shot in ICU at Parkland.

Dallas is indeed struggling to keep their police force. Apparently that lucrative pension plan caused some to retire early

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It does, it's just that we only hear about it when the news have video to show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join