It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is going on in Mosquito Lake Alaska?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

HAARP schedules first experiments since UAF takeover

Experiments are scheduled through the end of the month at the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program or HAARP facility. It’s the first time science is being conducted at the ionospheric research station in Gakona since the University of Alaska Fairbanks took it over from the Air Force in 2015.

This is dated in Feb. 2017, not so long ago really.

There may be something to what you posted.

Or not, lol.

peace

edit on 1722Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: fix url

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

HAARP schedules first experiments since UAF takeover

Experiments are scheduled through the end of the month at the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program or HAARP facility. It’s the first time science is being conducted at the ionospheric research station in Gakona since the University of Alaska Fairbanks took it over from the Air Force in 2015.

This is dated in Feb. 2017, not so long ago really.

There may be something to what you posted.

Or not, lol.

peace

I looked at the mileage between the two locations.

513 miles on the road.

The only times I've ever seen that many is HAARP.

There are people on this site who are pretty smart.

I wish they would chime in...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Rare dp
edit on 2-5-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'd like to hear from those in the 'know' also.

I've been looking here and there this afternoon but not found anything concrete - yet.

Still keeping check on the numbers and they're standing at EQ's/Aftershocks - a handful an hour with 3.0 being the strongest.

peace

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My daughter is a horseback guide at a post just north of Skagway. The first 6.2 quake hit at 4:30 am and shook the whole cabin waking her. The next thing she heard was the sound of an avalanche. Rough morning to say the least. Haven't heard from her since yesterday, waiting to hear back about the aftershocks. Will keep an eye on this post...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: truthwilout

Please let us know if she's ok - and I think we would all appreciate to hear more from you both!

Is she with Chilkoot/Skagway? (Please don't feel obligated to answer on personal info.).

I've been checking and there are still a lot of aftershocks, some even stronger than the original EQ.

Prayers for her and your family!

peace

edit on 0415Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

It's Alaska, we're just happy when these swarms don't hit whatever portion of the state we are in at the time and/or a population center. Otherwise, we get a ton of dinky quakes all over the state daily.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Is there really a bunch of big mosquitos at that lake?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Is there really a bunch of big mosquitos at that lake?

Asking the real questions

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

About 300 people live at Mosquito Lake.

The problem is the plates bump against each other. And this one is against a bunch of others. That is the problem. How far can it go??

The length of the faults is what we should focus on. And the Cascadia one scares me. Like pool balls, what happens when the whole the whole thing goes like a Newtons Cradle??

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It is the earth relaxing after the venus event at the time of the exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt. don't worry about it you will be okay, there have been far greater rocking and rolling of the earth

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Todays picture of...doom? Straight from RSOE.

The EQ's are still bumping through there - had a 3.0 and a bunch a 2's.

Looks like a zipper right down the seaboard.

peace

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: akaSAM

Not sure what you're speaking of but I would like to.

Have a link or a thread here on ATS - concerning the 'Venus event'?

I'll look it up...

peace

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

When did his videos get so damn long!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MoniqueG

Painfully long. Ive started scrolling until I see California. I dont care about where all the fracking stations are located or a geology lesson every time I watch.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Alaska Hit By 45 Significant Earthquakes Within 24 Hours As The West Coast Wonders If ‘The Big One’ Is Imminent

Within the last 24 hours, 45 earthquakes of magnitude 2.5 or greater have struck Alaska, and 25 of them were of magnitude 4.0 or greater. The worst one had a magnitude of 6.2, but none of the earthquakes did much damage because none of them hit heavily populated areas. But the reason why all of this shaking is causing so much concern is because the “Ring of Fire” runs right along the southern Alaska coastline, and all of the earthquakes except for one were along the southern coast.

This is really begining to bother me... I just hate this kind of fear...

or a long time scientists have acknowledged that a major Cascadia subduction zone earthquake is way overdue, and when one finally strikes the devastation that we could see in the Pacific northwest is likely to be off the charts. In fact, some scientists believe that the coming Cascadia subduction zone earthquake could potentially be as high as magnitude 9.0…

peace

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The West Coast is so do.

I just hope no Tsunami, I don't want to swim.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

The West Coast is so do.

I just hope no Tsunami, I don't want to swim.

You don't need to swim at all, just be able to hold your breath for a long time.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I hate rsoe for earthquakes.

They list the same quake multiple times due to the fact that they aggregate several sources and do not differentiate between the same quake reported by 3 different networks.

If anything of serious concern were in the offing, I would expect a post from TrueAmerican in quakewatch and a separate thread for any particular incident.

RSOE is fearmonger central as far as I'm concerned.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

We've tried for years here to warn people to stay away from that site for earthquakes, for the exact reasons you mentioned, as well as others.

As to Alaska, and this particular swarm, I have to caution that with two 6+'s occurring, it might possibly be warning us of something bigger. Alaska registered one of the highest mag quakes ever, and has the potential to deliver another one at any time. Once those two big ones hit, I started to wonder if it could be the start of the Cascadia fault giving way, as scientists have said the big one could start at one end of the fault. And with a quake swarm occurring in Seattle at the moment, along with the Alaska quakes-yes, I have been keeping a close eye on the situation. Nothing has urged me to panic yet though. Lol, as always, you'll know when that happens.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join