It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous and semi-famous people who accept ET / UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
RE: Dan Aykroyd

2:25 minutes into this CNN clip...confirms the telepathic urge....and his comment on many others in the area. Mid-1980s.
He did not go out in that incident...but he claims to have seen UFOs 4 other times in the clip below...more detail in other videos on YT...

but...maybe it was a Chinese rocket....

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
ufodigest.com...

C'mon everyone, dont forget Randy Quaid!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sumbitch

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Excuse me, Jim, but you messed up there. I think your zeal in attacking me prevented you from understanding the difference between OP's posts and my responses because, if you'll take a look back, you'll see we agree on most points. Nice try.

That's what I tried to indicate by saying 'echo' -- sort of 'what he said' was meant. Sorry for the garble.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

I wouldn't call noting Gordon Cooper on the list a strike out then. But, hey say whatever you want........maybe you are part of the cover up...

Strike. The Edwards landing story failed all three independent investigations, results which have been covered up by the UFO community.

Only three people [to my knowledge – let me know of any others you find] ever performed corroboration investigations, all three with identical result. The original event was a slow-drift-pass scintillating shape of still-disputed nature, which never deployed landing legs or landed and took off again. The images and interviews were filed with Blue Book, and can be found in the on-line archives – nothing disappeared [it was even written up in local newspapers, and a UFO newsletter, at the time]. All direct participants indicated no knowledge of Gordon Cooper’s participation at any point in the event and its aftermath.
The first investigation was conducted in the mid-1960s by James McDonald, the leading “pro-UFO” scientist of his time. He described his results here. www.project1947.com...
Case 41. Edwards AFB, May 3, 1957, page 75
The second investigation was mine, in the 1980-2 period, in response to a direct challenge from Gordon Creighton of Britain’s “Flying Saucer Review”. I interviewed direct participants including one of the cameramen and Hubert Davis, the young AF officer on ‘Blue Book duty’ at the base [who first interviewed the cameramen, who had come directly to him]. I shared it with Cooper, and he used details from it in his book and interviews.
www.zipworld.com.au...
The third was done for NICAP by Brad Sparks in the 1990-era. Here are his results. www.nicap.org...

Also, the story has evolved over the years. Ed Mitchell told me when HE heard it from Cooper, all he said was he had been the 'duty officer' when the cameramen came in to report. Cooper's boss at the time agreed that he recalls nothing about Cooper being directly involved.
edit on 1-5-2017 by JimOberg because: add

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sumbitch

What?

He really did actually. There is a story about Gleason being shown top secret stuff by Nixon. Wasn't able to go into it earlier when I posted as I was at work and just wanted to chime in.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The funny thing about debunkers, deniers, etc... is for the ET / UFO phenonmenon to NOT be true (In an absolute sense), EVERY single one of the reports would have to be a lie, delusion, or misidentification. If even one of them is authentic, then that changes everything. Of course, practically speaking, most "normal" people don't investigate these things with any seriousness - even when the information is a few mouse clicks away or potential evidence in plain sight (crop circles). Or there is too much disinfo / fake news / movie images to cloud one's perception. OR too much fear that their world view is incorrect or fatally flawed.

With that said, a list of all the famous and semi-famous people who have gone public would be interesting. Here is a starting list. Please add and note the source / share a video link.

Person and source:

astronaut Gordon Cooper - Out of the Blue documentary and others - states categorically he saw a UFO land, I think he said he was flying with some other pilots

astronaut Buzz Aldrin - on some documentary or maybe CNN? don't remember.

astronaut Edgar Mitchell - appeared in numerous docs. Not sure if he has ever categorically stated he has seen something, or if it was only 2nd hand.

actor Dan Aykroyd - Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs documentary - does talk about mass telepathy too...urge to go outside and look up at night

actress Shirley McClaine - www.neonnettle.com...

ex-Canadian Defense Minister (and 'Deputy PM') - Paul Hellyer - makes numerous 2nd hand claims (video on Youtube of interview with RT, also some government hearing), but does state he saw a UFO with his wife at home over a lengthy period of time

news reporter Jamie Mussan - various documentaries on UFOs or crop circles

Ex US President Jimmy Carter - caught on camera during a book signing briefly confirming he saw a UFO (Out of the Blue doc?)

Ex US State of Arizona Governor Fife Symington - Phoenix Lights documentary, other news outlets

Other - not so famous:

various Generals, or high ranking military - don't have any specific names at the moment to list - except US Col. Philip Corso who wrote Day After Roswell

various individuals on Exo-politics - don't recall any specific names other than Steven Greer, profession unknown, but I wouldn't call him famous.

various governments who have released their UFO files - Belgium? France?

TV show from the 1980s - Unsolved Mysteries had a special on mass Belgium UFO sightings, I seem to recall there was some high government officials, but I don't remember any names. Belgian defense minister or something like that?? I'd have to rewatch it.

Hmmmmmmm
So the E.T´s saw some flying thing and they couldnt identify
it?!? E.T UFO... Yeaaaa

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Muhammad Ali, John Lennon, Danny Dyer

Many believe, many that have never talked about it too. I mean you could say Ali had one too many knocks to the head but the nature of his work meant that he often had brain scans, Danny Dyer isn't the sharpest knife in the draw but he had some experiences that altered his bravado in relation to unidentified flying objects... Lennon may have been tripping out. Ironically the sighting he had also had other people unrelated to him in any way witness something. Then their's his metal egg that Uri Geller has...

As another poster mentioned though, personal testimony doesn't mean much. Whether it's presidents, astronauts, doctors or actors.

When information is shared officially though? That's always interesting. I don't feel Tom Delonge knows any more than President Carter who in turn knows no more than anyone who's spent years investigating this phenomena.

Because you can't know more than what anyone else knows. If Einstein was born 5000 years ago do you think he would have worked out relativity? Or would he be making breakthroughs with the information at hand?

It's why I say always be weary of people claiming to know what the UFO phenomena is all about, because frankly some people have worked meticulously at this subject and are no closer... Yet I'm supposed to believe a "scientist" or a drummer knows better than an actual nuclear physicist or an ex MoD worker?

Yeah, as if.

Nah celebrity status doesn't mean jack to me in regards to ufology. That being said I genuinely liked Dan Aykroyd's take upon the subject, I found that interview to be a breath of fresh air. He has clearly done what anyone interested in the subject should do if they wish to further their knowledge and that is study and learn about it.

Their is not a lack of information on the subject either. Governments of central and south America have released some excellent information over recent years, FOI requests have released tonnes of information too.

It's available if you're willing to wade through all the jargon of officialdom.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The way I see it, there is more than enough liars, ignorant and delusional people on this Earth to account for the reports of E.T visitation.

Now I'm not saying it's impossible, just I feel it's highly unlikely.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Soylent mostly (I like your response), others

My bad on Buzz Aldrin. I did rewatch clips where he talks about the "UFO" and he says it wasn't alien. Not perfect here.

Edgar Mitchell - I did say I thought it was all 2nd hand...and I rewatched some of what he talks about and indeed that is the case. In his life view (Via professional / personal contacts)....and considering his accomplishments and his position, that is good enough for the purpose of the list.

As for Gordon Cooper...the videos speak for itself of him talking. I don't need any other investigations or web links, because I don't care about that level of detail. That could all be fake anyway. The post is just of famous / semi-famous people who accept ET / UFOs. It's NOT titled, who has seen a UFO. It's not, famous people = absolute proof. We have the guy speaking directly on camera multiple times to different people, and some individuals are trying to muddy the water (JimOberg)

Some people are attacking the credibility of individuals on the list....that's not the point of the list.

I'll add John Podesta to the list. I don't know if he ever said he had a personal encounter, but I know he is on video at least attending and speaking at those Exopolitics conferences (HC I Know What I Saw) Is he famous or semi-famous absolutely, most Americans would probably say who is that? But relatively speaking, IMO....and that's all it is. A loose opinion.

Jimmy Carter - just going off what I saw in Out of the Blue, didn't know anything more. Haven't done further research. In hindsight, maybe he shouldn't be on the list.

attacking credibility of Unsolved Mysteries show.....
That clip is related to ..a "semi-famous" individual that turns out to be: Major General Wilfried de Brouwer – Belgian AF. Probably not even semi-famous in Belgium, despite his high-rank. But we're splitting hairs. (My mom didn't know who Michael Jordan was when she was alive - but he is "famous" relatively speaking) He is in History Channel - I Know What I Saw too.

people all attacking James Hellyer...I think I made it clear that he had a UFO personal encounter, despite his 2nd hand claims. I don't agree with all that he said, but I really don't know. I just know what is on the Russia Today video - verifiably.

Jaime Mussan - he was supposedly famous in Mexico. He accepts UFOs/crop circles - end of story. Attacking his popularity in UFO circles means little to me. I've never been to a UFO event or group. I have seen videos of him presenting. Some looks credible, some looks like BS/crap. Some is just rehash from other sources.

Again, famous is a very relative term - bounded by geography and industry and time among other factors. I don't even know who my US state senators or US reps are -- because I choose not to care about that stuff - anymore. It has not direct relevance to my life. Of all the current presidents / heads of state in the world I can name - only 3. Kim-Jong-Un, Trump, and Putin. And soon, I will forget their names as well....they are at the top of pyramids...but I'm almost at ground level climbing off the pyramid Cuz, I would rather be "down - to - earth" so to speak.

Thanks to another poster for the Buzzfeed link...I didn't realize there was such an extensive list.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Some people are attacking the credibility of individuals on the list....that's not the point of the list.

My point is that these people have the same credibility level as anyone else in general -- famous or not.

Edgar Mitchell, John Podesta, Jimmy Carter, and Paul Hellyer have all said that they had not learned any secret information during their time in office, or as an astronaut in Dr. Mitchell's case.

Their interest in alien visitation is strictly a personal interest, and not due to "knowing things" that other people don't know, so their credibility is about the same as any other random alien visitation believer.

Gordon Cooper's claims are a bit different, but thete seems to be some inconsistencies with his claims.

The bottom line is that being famous does not make them any more or any less credible than if they were just regular people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join