It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Will Conduct Nuclear Tests at a Time and Place of its Choosing

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

NOPE I'm telling you HOW things operate.
YOU happen to resist reality by how it feels.
I am only saying these things because facts are more important that politics any day.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

That is a matter of "defense" no "offense". If NK goes after SK, we can go help SK, but I see no reason to go on preemptive offense.

I hope to hell that we don't hit them first. I've always hoped that there could be a diplomatic outcome to all this mess despite the chest thumping from the DPRK.

My fear is when they trigger another test shot. After all the line drawing and bold statements from the US, especially Pence's little gem about "swords standing ready", the US has put itself in the position of North Korean police.

Truth is there's not a lot the UN can do. More sanctions aren't going to stop Pyongyang's passion for acquiring more nuclear power. They made that abundantly clear. Another nuke shot is going to take place, it's not a matter of if but just a matter of when. What happens after that is still anyone's guess but i doubt it's going to involve the UN. It's probably going to involve bombs, sabotage, a more offensive cyber attack of some kind, etc.

I feel terrible for Seoul. No matter what happens with any form of military action against the North, there's just not a lot the US can do to prevent an attack on Seoul. They stand to lose the most, as well as the US troops stationed south of the DMZ.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

NOPE I'm telling you HOW things operate.
YOU happen to resist reality by how it feels.
I am only saying these things because facts are more important that politics any day.

Feels have nothing to do with it. Your the one that tried to use emotions..."think of the kids".

Please. Spare me the dramatics.

It's none of our business to go after NK. We can defend allies if need be, but we do not need to be on the offense against NK.

Lil Kim is full of it just like his dad.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I would never want Trump's job! I never wanted Obama's job. Though I didn't like him. But he was my President and I'd have died for him, because the/my people said so! I've had the job on a very LIMITED scale...fallow orders! Do your duty..."fix bayonet"!..Thank my god, I never had to give that "order"! But I would've done It! It would've, needed doing! Obama didn't "prevent" WW3. He "avoided" it. Gave it to the next "guy"...."Leaders" even "Buck Sergeants" understand that kind of "leadership"..Pres. Trump has nothing but my loyalty.

edit on 1-5-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

That is a matter of "defense" no "offense". If NK goes after SK, we can go help SK, but I see no reason to go on preemptive offense.

I hope to hell that we don't hit them first. I've always hoped that there could be a diplomatic outcome to all this mess despite the chest thumping from the DPRK.

My fear is when they trigger another test shot. After all the line drawing and bold statements from the US, especially Pence's little gem about "swords standing ready", the US has put itself in the position of North Korean police.

Truth is there's not a lot the UN can do. More sanctions aren't going to stop Pyongyang's passion for acquiring more nuclear power. They made that abundantly clear. Another nuke shot is going to take place, it's not a matter of if but just a matter of when. What happens after that is still anyone's guess but i doubt it's going to involve the UN. It's probably going to involve bombs, sabotage, a more offensive cyber attack of some kind, etc.

I feel terrible for Seoul. No matter what happens with any form of military action against the North, there's just not a lot the US can do to prevent an attack on Seoul. They stand to lose the most, as well as the US troops stationed south of the DMZ.

Yup. Spot on. We are poised to get ourselves involved in another #storm for no damn good reason.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Trump is so unpredictable. He always full of surprises.

In the latest twist to the NK saga Trump says he would be willing to meet NK leader and it would be an honor.

“If it would be appropriate for me to meet with him, I would absolutely, I would be honored to do it,” Trump said Monday in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg News. “If it’s under the, again, under the right circumstances. But I would do that.” Play Video 0:00 0:00 Trump Would Meet Kim Jong Un 'Under Right Circumstances'

www.bloomberg.com...

It could be a good thing to meet with lil Kim and try to defuse the situation. But, i doubt Kim would ever agree to a meeting.

edit on 1-5-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Doesn't matter if the little D*ck will/would "agree". He had the option. But didn't take it. Obviously, he suffers from some kind of transgender, post war, ptsd. ..after all, everyone needs an illness. We need to "air drop" some psychiatrist, Special Warfare/Welfare Marine Corp, "Warrant Officers" type.. To bring him back to reality.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Oh yes meet him...and then provoke him into swinging on you mr trump so you can have him arrested and or shot dead on the spot in self defense.

OR...have soem Sk special forces infiltrate th e other side. then set off a gun pointed toward seoul to kick off the festivities thereby covering up the fact the Nk didnt actually fire first.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The North Koreans have proved themselves to be an unstable neighbour who act irrationally and without concern for international norms.

US follows 'international Norms'? Proven stable, behaves rationally?

Fell off my chair laughing with that one. You really do live under a rock.

The irrational rational dissonance.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: gortex

Whats the matter with these upstart countries? Don't they know only WE have the right to bear arms?

They dont if they keep threatening to use there WMD in PREEMPTIVE STRIKES.

You dont give a known scizophrenic a gun.

Preemptive strikes. How many of those is NK guilty of compared to say the US, NATO?

Whos applying the schizoid dualistic hypocritical standard to whom?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

The North Koreans have proved themselves to be an unstable neighbour who act irrationally and without concern for international norms.

That's what I've been saying.

Too many are concerned about NK, while dismissing their own hypocrisy.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That's what I've been saying.

Too many are concerned about NK, while dismissing their own hypocrisy.

The focus on North Korea is distraction for the real object. We can't say we're pivoting towards China and Russia, Citizens won't go for it. Much easier to demonize a lil country and president, instead.

Thats why whenever we say China, ten posts appear reminding us of Evil Korea.

(post by murphy22 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You mean once they break the ceasefire agreement AGAIN, let them slide so YOUR kids have to deal with an intercontinental threat from this nut case so YOU can be happy?

I'm NOT the man but at a guess....no.

Nice logical fallacy. You're trying to appeal to emotion and I'm not dumb enough to fall for it.

Same thinking that we had with Saddam Hussein. Again, how'd that turn out for us?

My favorite comeback for that kind of fallacy is where the accused says, I swear to God yer Honor, he was going to hit me so I hit him back, first.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You mean once they break the ceasefire agreement AGAIN, let them slide so YOUR kids have to deal with an intercontinental threat from this nut case so YOU can be happy?

Nice logical fallacy. You're trying to appeal to emotion and I'm not dumb enough to fall for it.

Same thinking that we had with Saddam Hussein. Again, how'd that turn out for us?

My favorite comeback for that kind of fallacy is where the accused says, I swear to God yer Honor, he was going to hit me so I hit him back, first.

Exactly. An emotion-based reaction out of fear.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Exactly. An emotion-based reaction out of fear.

Logistically speaking, THAAD is now on the Asian continent, its radar is deep penetrating into Chinas airspace, US land based radar systems have not had this capability before now.

That ThAAD is deployed on the Asian continent marks a milestone in US China relations.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
America will never be occupied. There Is/are enough good men/women left in this country . It ain't ever going to happen... Pure fact! That's why the world (global community) and "snowflakes" hate us! It would be a "war", not a battle. And they historically have no idea what a war would look like, they've never fought Americans. England tried it twice. And twice, we have been a friend...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The world is not what we wish it to be.

China and Russia have been careful to make things clear.

Mr.Kims threats are hostile acts.

Outside diplomatic discourse.

He has failed at Realpolitik.

His Threats are empty like Paper Tigers.

Perhaps US policy is to provoke the Dragon.

He is a Chinese Creation.

Time for a Chinese Solution.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It is sound logic. Play with them on "that swing". Or play with them on the slide, in your backyard. It's not rocket "science". Doesn't take a "education" to know everything. Life/living is pretty simple.
edit on 1-5-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join