It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Tony Blair plan to step in after Corbyn resigns on 8th June 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Mistakes? The vile # is. War criminal!

Only thing I want to see blair do is burn in hell!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Only if the Labour party would want to further themselves from the public even more than under Corbyn...i think many on this forum may be underestimating just how hated Blair is in the UK and rightly so too may i add.

The best thing Blair could do is slither off back to what ever rancid cesspool he came from and stay there...in my humble opinion of course

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

Agreed, Blair is a proper #.
A smug smarmy proper #.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Mistakes? The vile # is. War criminal!

Only thing I want to see blair do is burn in hell!
That's unlikely to happen. My you feel very strongly about him. You planning a hit.

So you think there is someone worse than Corbyn. The question is what do the general public think and will they vote for Corbyn or is he doomed. How is the Labour party going to recover from the pending disaster on the 8th June!

On Blair, I think he will try his best to return to UK politics in some form even if it is behind closed doors.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Corbyn is less of a # than Blair for sure but I wouldn't vote for either of them.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Dito...there is no way i would vote for either Corbyn or Blair...different reasons for both but still no chance.

I think it will be a Tory victory by quite a good margin too this election and although it pains me to say it its probably the best outcome for the UK as it stands as could you imagine the EU exit deal we would end up with under Corbyn or even worse under BLAIR

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It wouldn't be a Brexit under either of them.
It pains me to say it as well but Theresa May is the strongest leader for hard faced negotiations with the EU.
Corbyn is a wet blanket and Blair would sell his mother to keep it sweet with the European commission.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Corbyn is like old school labour, ideologically far left; pro-unions, unilateral disarmament. Especially since most of the policies are based on keeping public sector workers, unions, and minorities happy. That means everyone else from the self-employed like shop owners to professional workers are just seen as tax fodder for their policies.

After the Iraq war and the fact the country wasn't allowed to have a parliament debate, followed by those lawsuits against British soldiers, any time Blair has his picture is taken, the MSM try and make him look like a comic book villain.
edit on 1-5-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

It wouldn't be a Brexit under either of them.
It pains me to say it as well but Theresa May is the strongest leader for hard faced negotiations with the EU.
Corbyn is a wet blanket and Blair would sell his mother to keep it sweet with the European commission.
Feel the same pain and its just shameful that Labour cant find a good leader with integrity and vision.

Will Labour ever recover from the 8th June!! Will it be a case of "The day the Labour party died"!

Or if it wont and cant be Blair, Corbyn. What about the other Milliband, maybe not!

I'm sorry to say but those with less are going to have even less for at least the next 8 years and more! Corbyn's selection was not only stupid but political suicide for a party that need a centre ground leader with roots!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I'm self employed so I have little time for whining union types.
...and yep, I see Corbyn taxing entrepreneurs even though they are the people who generally can claim the least in benefits etc.
Sick pay lol, I broke a few ribs last year and had to cover nearly two months without income, whining employees waving their red flag, # them, sheep who require a wet nurse.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I read your post as 'the day that labour died' in the style of the American Pie song.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Blair is a war criminal that has cost hundreds of thousands of innocence lives with his lies. His labour government single handedly ruined the UK beyond all repair.... I do not for the life of me understand how anyone could not see the man for what he is. Toxic scum

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Anyway, will Corbyn resign? As the influence of Labour wanes (shown by the extent of the predicted election defeat) the supporters that are left are the hard core lefties; the Red Flag brigade. They will keep Corbyn in the leader's seat.

The question for Labour is if Corbyn goes, what next? Are we seeing the slow death of a political movement that has outlived the ideology, or is there anyone out there who really gives a toss?

Red Flag - sung at Labour Party conferences is Marxist twaddle, but resurrected by Corbyn in 2015.

"The People's Flag is deepest red,
It shrouded oft our martyred dead,
And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold,
Their hearts' blood dyed its every fold.

Then raise the scarlet standard high.
Within its shade we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here."

... and on, and on.

PS - To think I once nearly sung this! I was very drunk at the time, and it was a long time ago.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Lol you nearly sung that!
Labour voters are a #ing joke, Marxist commie types who wouldn't know self sufficiency if it bit them on their hand which signs on.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'd rather send a message to the UK and the US nuclear subs just to put us out of our misery before having that tosser back anywhere near power.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Anyway, will Corbyn resign? As the influence of Labour wanes (shown by the extent of the predicted election defeat) the supporters that are left are the hard core lefties; the Red Flag brigade. They will keep Corbyn in the leader's seat.

The question for Labour is if Corbyn goes, what next? Are we seeing the slow death of a political movement that has outlived the ideology, or is there anyone out there who really gives a toss?

Red Flag - sung at Labour Party conferences is Marxist twaddle, but resurrected by Corbyn in 2015.

"The People's Flag is deepest red,
It shrouded oft our martyred dead,
And ere their limbs grew stiff and cold,
Their hearts' blood dyed its every fold.

Then raise the scarlet standard high.
Within its shade we'll live and die,
Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer,
We'll keep the red flag flying here."

... and on, and on.

PS - To think I once nearly sung this! I was very drunk at the time, and it was a long time ago.
Corbyn's already written his resignation letter because he knows he hasn't a hope in hell of being PM. He's in maybe a miracle will happen mode right now but even he with his very leftist brain can fathom the likely outcome on 8th June. He knows he will have to resign because he will have presided over the worst Labour result since the party's formation! It's unbelievable to think that the party that created the NHS is in such demise! Sad!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Oh, I don't know. The Labour Party was progressive in many things, but has also been highly regressive and constrained the development of the UK, particularly in the unhealthy links with Trade Unions - the same unions that strangled and killed large sections of British industry.

A good example is that the early Labour Party was initially against women's suffrage and compromised women's equality in the workplace, because men were members of the trade unions, and all that.

originally posted by: grainofsand
Lol you nearly sung that!

I nearly sang it, but I did not. In my mitigation, as stated, I was pretty drunk at the time. My politics were all over the place. Besides, I really fancied some lass, and the things we do for love.
edit on 1/5/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Pretending to be into Labour for love/lust, LMAO!
I get it though

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I thought you were serious at first, the article you quote is the giveaway, its four years old! Anyway we all know Kim Jong Un has been offered the Labour job by the US as part of an NK exit deal. He's obviously stalling for something better, though.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

I thought you were serious at first, the article you quote is the giveaway, its four years old! Anyway we all know Kim Jong Un has been offered the Labour job by the US as part of an NK exit deal. He's obviously stalling for something better, though.
Just like to be controversial at times like these. Its interesting to see peoples reactions and views! And Kimmy would be great for the job, because only a nutter would consider it! Too many jives and knives!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join