It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By What Measure Would You Consider America Is Great Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: dfnj2015
So that brings me to the question of this thread. What has to happen, by what measure, would you accept MAGA to actually have happened? What has to change to make America great again? What is important to you?

Being able to keep more of my pay check would be a great start. Imagine how much the economy would grow if middle class families could keep 90 percent of their checks.

Imagine how quickly the government would collapse without any tax income coming in.

Actually they could tax the corporations, instead of giving them refunds on the taxes which they don't pay...

Oh nevermind, it's still the corporations that run the nation...excuse me.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Implementation of gun controls leading to reduction in violence and crime, coupled with the abolition of capital punishment and wholesale prison reform. That and the introduction of decent universal healthcare to US citizens, improvements in race relations and the removal of the celebrity take-over of common sense.

The above would make the US better, that's for sure.

To make it great. Well, reform the American constitution and make it up to date.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

So that brings me to the question of this thread. What has to happen, by what measure, would you accept MAGA to actually have happened? What has to change to make America great again? What is important to you?

Being able to keep more of my pay check would be a great start. Imagine how much the economy would grow if middle class families could keep 90 percent of their checks.

Imagine how quickly the government would collapse without any tax income coming in.

Actually they could tax the corporations, instead of giving them refunds on the taxes which they don't pay...

I really hate the way that the right rubs it in people's faces that America has the highest corporate tax rate in the world of 35%. It's such a misleading statistic in a vacuum like that (which is why they do it). Almost ALWAYS unsaid is that most to all corporations don't pay anywhere near that much thanks to deductions and loopholes.

Now Trump wants to lower it even MORE to 15%... Which is an even dumber move than Paul Ryan is suggesting at 20 or 25% (I can't remember which off the top of my head).
edit on 1-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I really hate the way that the right rubs it in people's faces that America has the highest corporate tax rate in the world of 35%. It's such a misleading statistic in a vacuum like that (which is why they do it). Almost ALWAYS unsaid is that most to all corporations don't pay anywhere near that much thanks to deductions and loopholes.

Now Trump wants to lower it even MORE to 15%... Which is an even dumber move than Paul Ryan is suggesting at 20 or 25% (I can't remember which off the top of my head).

I think I saw somewhere that the complete tax code of the USA is so massive that it requires several men with full wheelbarrows of gigantic tomes to carry. A flat corporate tax with no deductions might be a good first step...I don't care if it is a lower rate, just as long as the truly large corporations are not able to get refunds based on taxes which they DID'NT pay.

I hate seeing how the truly rich can hide or disguise their true income from taxes, while the average American cannot do so because they cannot afford to have those tax shelters, or employ accountants that can find those tax shelters.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
Pride in craftsmanship, kids playing at school without fear, paying for goods with cash, and not living off of credit.

Check, check, check, check!

Clean, happy neighborhoods with clean water, food made from natural ingredients.

Check, check and check.

Flags flying with the pledge of allegiance being spoken by the kids and adults together every morning.

Sorry, I had a little vomit in my mouth. WHY would make this ANY country in the world better? Or is this only valid in the USA? Nope, no check.

Libraries that feature books instead of Internet.

Government that works for the people - instead of vice versa.

Check and check.

Just.. Why would nationalism make anything better? Do you realize that everything you mentioned is valid for every country worldwide, but with some pledge of aligance or something you only make things worse?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I hate seeing how the truly rich can hide or disguise their true income from taxes, while the average American cannot do so because they cannot afford to have those tax shelters, or employ accountants that can find those tax shelters.

Actually you can take advantage of many tax breaks the truly rich enjoy by having an LLC.

howtostartanllc.com...
edit on 1-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Average Americans get many tax breaks.

Homestead and mortgage exemptions for property taxes.

Credits on federal taxes with marriage and children.

Lower income people get an earned income tax credit.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

They don't get to hide their income as well as the rich do. That's my point. Yes I know all about the "many tax breaks" we get.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Most people decide, based on their personal quality-of-life. If it's great, they go on vacation and just enjoy life. If it's bad, they go to internet forums and complain about the President, country, etc..

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Having tax tables is idiotic when we have inflation. Tax rates and breaks should be based on percentages of the median workers wage. This would help alleviate some of the insanity we have now. It would make economic growth more predictable.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When you can turn on any Fake News channel any time of the day and instantly see some progressive left wing mouthpiece crying and whining about the POTUS Donald Trump, you know America is getting Great Again.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: dfnj2015

Need to make the world great before America, or any other nation, can be considered to be great again.

Fact of the matter is that we exist in global environment where communication and interactions between nations has become essential to our continued way of life.

Progress now depends on our interaction at a world level as apposed to the nation states of days gone by, essentially the stage simply got larger.

You get points in my book for coming up with an idea I have not heard of before. What you are saying is like the difference between the win condition in the game Settlers of Catan and the win condition in Monopoly. Your idea is the Catan win condition.

I have a feeling the 28,000 bombs we dropped five predominately Muslim countries in 2016 is not making us great according to your way of thinking? Reducing Arab countries to rubble is a strange foreign policy. This country used to look very down upon American adventurism. Nowadays it's not political correct to criticize anything having to do with the military. And yes, for the one millionth time I thank you for your service!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Implementation of gun controls leading to reduction in violence and crime, coupled with the abolition of capital punishment and wholesale prison reform. That and the introduction of decent universal healthcare to US citizens, improvements in race relations and the removal of the celebrity take-over of common sense.

The above would make the US better, that's for sure.

To make it great. Well, reform the American constitution and make it up to date.

More gun control, and update the constitution?

NFW

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When you can tell "authorities" to go F themselves! America/Men, will be great "again". It is really sad, that you even had to ask. I feel like I just gave 20 rounds of ammo to the/my enemy... It is all good! I needed something to do on my weekend.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Violence? You obviously do not understand, what a sharpened "butter knife" can do. Or just what pure "hate", is capable of...Or what is at, "the hand" could be used for,.. so ..."violently".. You poor little, Snowflakes.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
When you can turn on any Fake News channel any time of the day and instantly see some progressive left wing mouthpiece crying and whining about the POTUS Donald Trump, you know America is getting Great Again.

That is not a measure but a subjective judgment.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
To answer the question OP? When "you" can "rule" yourself. And I do not need to get involved.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

You can do that now. I'm not sure this qualifies under MAGA.

edit on 1-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm not sure what you're talking about. But you seem to think, acronyms, have some kinda "law" behind them? Right, wrong and/or a "democratic" (majority of idiots) with a ... "law"... Is about 400yrds. Out, from where, I stand. 500 yrds., on a good day, with coffee... It is all good. Doesn't matter.
edit on 1-5-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

If you spoke with complete and coherent sentences I might be able to understand what you are talking about. Let's put in simple terms:

1. What can't you do now (is it illegal?)
2. What would you like to be able to do

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join