It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By What Measure Would You Consider America Is Great Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here is the current data for the percentage of the US population employed:

data.bls.gov...

It took a really bad hit after the banking crisis in 2008. But the percentage of US population working has been rising 2011. We still have a long way to go before we get back to 2008 levels.

Many economists and Federal Reserve board members are concerned we have too much inflation and we need to raise interest rates because we have too much economic activity. For me I think we are barely skipping along the bottom or closer to deflation. I hear lots of brick-n-morter retail on the verge of collapse. For me, it doesn't feel like the late 90s. It would be nice if the economy actually hummed along with 6% to 8% growth for a year a two. Then maybe home owners can get several needed repairs completed like bathrooms, kitchens, and siding. This economy seems kind like we are skipping along the bottom. There is just barely enough activity to equal population growth and replacement of worn out items. It doesn't feel like a real bull economy.

So that brings me to the question of this thread. What has to happen, by what measure, would you accept MAGA to actually have happened? What has to change to make America great again? What is important to you?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
So that brings me to the question of this thread. What has to happen, by what measure, would you accept MAGA to actually have happened? What has to change to make America great again? What is important to you?

Being able to keep more of my pay check would be a great start. Imagine how much the economy would grow if middle class families could keep 90 percent of their checks.
edit on 1-5-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Its just word play..
Those days gay means happy. These days gay means someone who have sex somenone like them.
Great mean those days very good. These days great means....

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Its just word play..
Those days gay means happy. These days gay means someone who have sex somenone like them.

Wait... Are you saying Trump made America gay again?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No national debt. The return of our industries in dominance on a global stage.

The end of all facets of the patriot act and similar legislation.

A complete end of lobbyist money in the government.

single payer healthcare

Currency backed by real wealth.

That's just off the top of my head.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The day anti-American (predominantly leftist) ideologies are destroyed, when we can speak freely without persecution, and the white male is no longer hated for being a white male in his own nation; of which would foster an environment for growth and prosperity. The rest will follow.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Pride in craftsmanship, kids playing at school without fear, paying for goods with cash, and not living off of credit.

Clean, happy neighborhoods with clean water, food made from natural ingredients.

Flags flying with the pledge of allegiance being spoken by the kids and adults together every morning.

Libraries that feature books instead of Internet.

Government that works for the people - instead of vice versa.
edit on 512017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Being able to keep more of my pay check would be a great start. Imagine how much the economy would grow if middle class families could keep 90 percent of their checks.

Imagine if we could keep 100% of our income, across the board! (at least as it pertains to federal income tax)

107 years ago, there was no income tax, federal or otherwise (Hawai'i doesn't count, as it wasn't a state, even though it had an income tax starting in 1901). It wasn't until 1913 that we had an across-the-board federal income tax.

Yes, there were a couple different attempts at the income tax (federally), once during the civil war (lasted for about a decade) and then an attempt at a flat-tax style income tax that was ruled unconstitutional (which helped lead to the need for and eventual ratification of the 16th Amendment), but for the most part, our country grew, expanded, and flourished under a system that completely lacked an income tax.

I'm wholly certain that we could exist in that manner again, and be perfectly fine, but we would have to revert back to a federal government whose roll in both our everyday lives and international affairs is massively limited again.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Honestly...when all the whining, finger pointing and sniveling stops...we wil be much closer to greatness

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Pandaram
Its just word play..

Wait... Are you saying Trump made America gay again?

Boy...think how upset some of the folks who wear those hats will be when they find out what it really means...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When we have a strong economy.
And not judged by the numbers the government gives us as indicators.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What do you mean AGAIN?

It's always been great.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Then what indicators?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

What has to happen, by what measure, would you accept MAGA to actually have happened? What has to change to make America great again? What is important to you?

A sinkhole, roughly 60 miles in diameter, opens underneath Washington D.C. and all the inhabitants plummet into the Hollow Earth to screw up the lives of that mythical place's inhabitants instead.

edit on 1-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: President, Jacygirl fan club.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
To make America great again. Ahh, the good Ol days. Can't we just go back to being ignorant of the Empires Hegemony? Tony says, put a tiger in your tank...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Great at imprisoning people. That's about the only thing I can think of.

Cuz we are sucking at everything else..

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Our prison industry is about to be great again.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Imagine how quickly the government would collapse without any tax income coming in.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey now! Leave the citizenry out of this. I have friends who live down in DC and I'm sure a 60 mile sink hole would end up damaging Baltimore and maybe even Alexandria. It's not the citizens of DC's fault that the federal government is idiotic. Those bozos in Congress won't even let the people of the city run their own city without their input. Because we all know some jackass legislator from rural Kansas knows ALL about the intricacies of what a large metropolitan city needs...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Imagine how quickly the government would collapse without any tax income coming in.

I would be the first to throw an Irish Wake for that event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join