It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do all Holiday's have Pagan Origins, Aren't there any that are truly unique?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Groundhog day isn't stupid! How else would we know when winter ends.

I can usually tell winter is over since my neighbor finally takes down his damn holiday lights.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I can usually tell winter is over since my neighbor finally takes down his damn holiday lights.

My neighbor has left her live and decorated Christmas tree in her yard up since 1995. It's always a festival at her house if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I can't fault her for perpetually celebrating the Saturnalia.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yes, Passover Nissan the 14th (April 2 2018)
Wave sheaf
Barley
Wine
Oil
Wood
and AT One Ment

Theses are the ancient Hebrew Holy Days connected to the Harvest. All Calendars were in sync after March 20th 2015 for a short while. Also 7 divides into 364 by 52. The extra day is called Zero (Zara) point. This will cause the 7th day to progress 1 day each year. Also the Leap year doesn't exit in Heaven only when a certain blood group are in charge is it Out of Order as on the Egregorian Calendar. Let's see if anyone can figure out the other dates.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

But Bill Murray!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
But Bill Murray!

He's probably the only reason why anyone still gives a crap about that dopey holiday.

'Say, I have a great idea, let's yank a small mammalian from it's burrow and let how it reacts to its shadow determine our seasonality!'

edit on 1-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Lol, this thread was very interesting, and thank you everyone for your input.

Loved this

'Say, I have a great idea, let's yank a small mammalian from it's burrow and let how it reacts to its shadow determine our seasonality!'

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

But Bill Murray!

He's probably the only reason why anyone still gives a crap about that dopey holiday.

I take it that you didn't experience the "magic of Christmas" when you were a little tyke?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I take it that you didn't experience the "magic of Christmas" when you were a little tyke?

We were referencing Groundhog Day but I'll still sit on Santa's lap as log as it's DB dressed up like him.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8dayruddyman
Wave sheaf
Barley
Wine
Oil
Wood
and AT One Ment

Theses are the ancient Hebrew Holy Days connected to the Harvest. All Calendars were in sync after March 20th 2015 for a short while. Also 7 divides into 364 by 52. The extra day is called Zero (Zara) point. This will cause the 7th day to progress 1 day each year. Also the Leap year doesn't exit in Heaven only when a certain blood group are in charge is it Out of Order as on the Egregorian Calendar. Let's see if anyone can figure out the other dates.

Oops I almost forgot the 365th day of the Year, Zero Point. Which is also the 8th Holy day in the complete year. The day everyone goes up to stand in their Order to pay their respects to the Most High, In Hebrew it would be Zara Day because the only Vowel one needs is with the Alaph (Aleph).

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

But Bill Murray!

Salt. Pepper. Maybe some sage and rosemary. As long as you cook that critter on an open fire and serve it with whiskey, beer, and corn on the cob wrapped in bacon I'd say we're good.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

But Bill Murray!

Salt. Pepper. Maybe some sage and rosemary. As long as you cook that critter on an open fire and serve it with whiskey, beer, and corn on the cob wrapped in bacon I'd say we're good.

Hold the phone!

Staten Island’s famous groundhog died after Bill de Blasio dropped it

de blasio, you son of a b****, it's not a blood sacrifice!

“Mayor de Blasio has groundhog blood on his hands!” the paper says, after an investigation by three of its reporters found that a groundhog famously dropped by the mayor this past Groundhog Day died days later.

The groundhog in question is the Staten Island Zoo’s “Chuck,” which is basically the Punxsutawney Phil of the Big Apple. Anyway, here’s what happened at last year’s Groundhog Day weather forecast:

www.washingtonpost.com... a8831e0d3d0

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
With Christianity there wasn't any actual day known for all of these Christian holidays and so days had to be selected. Since Pagans have been around longer than Christians it was good logic to align up Christian Holidays with preexisting events as Pagans were also converted to Christianity. These preexisting events also aligned with many natural events like solstices. When we really look at a full year the number of days actually available/likable dwindle down to a small number out of the 365 that people see as the most important, and so many holidays tend to overlap each other.

edit on 2-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Wave sheaf
Barley
Wine
Oil
Wood
and AT One Ment

Oops I almost forgot the 365th day of the Year, Zero Point. Which is also the 8th Holy day in the complete year. The day everyone goes up to stand in their Order to pay their respects to the Most High, In Hebrew it would be Zara Day because the only Vowel one needs is with the Alaph (Aleph).

And of course the weekly sabbath to rest on the seventh day. Now the day of the Sabbath would appear to advance a day each year and 2 days each leap year. Though the dates only advance on leap years making the Leap year the worse Holiday of all because as long as Egregori are allowed to keep it they will be OUT OF ORDER because they would not Keep God's Law of Love given on the Mount of Transfiguration.

Daniel says The Devil seeks to change times and law. I think he meant to say the fallen Egregori.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In most countries, Christianity is a nature religion.

The pagans were wrong in worshipping nature itself, instead of respecting the most fundamental source of its intelligent growth. So it makes sense that a recovery was in order. Reverence of unchangeable nature via recognition of the most fundamental creative force.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join