It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Exactly People think that all religion should just be eradicated. Unfortunately as i pointed out earlier the supreme court has already decided kids have a right to prayer in school. People here are arguing a point that has already been decided by the supreme court. They are also allowed to wear burkas or for that matter crosses. Even have a partial decision on teaching religion in class. Its ok if you are showing behavior and consequences. In other words as long as its in historical reference.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Good idea .... let's get back to teaching reading writing math and the sciences and then maybe someone can talk and act like an educated person in society. Maybe we can advance our society, maybe actually get into out space and explore, maybe solve diseases and on and on. Lets teach instead of all these social issues. Like in the days of old. Americans are an embarrassment on the earth as far as education .......people in 3rd world countries are better educated.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

THEN how are we to ID the hostiles visually?
BEFORE they are standing right NEXT to you?
EXACTLY HOW far does inclusiveness reach regarding THIS FAITH, before it crosses the line to danger?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Gays are persecuted ALL over the world. Russia outlawed them recently too. It's not like ISIS is special or anything.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

EXACTLY HOW far does inclusiveness reach regarding THIS FAITH, before it crosses the line to danger?

I usually wait until they are attacking me before I consider them hostile. Hell that was my ROE when I was in Iraq too. So what's the big deal? You scared of your own shadow or something? Or just brown people?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Here's how it works in America: one is innocent until proven guilty. If proven guilty, punishments will be set.

Have any of the founders of CAIR been found guilty in a court of law of committing terrorist acts or funding terrorist acts or even promoting/encouraging terrorist acts? If so, then I will want them to be shut down and put in prison.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Here's how it works in America: one is innocent until proven guilty. If proven guilty, punishments will be set.

Have any of the founders of CAIR been found guilty in a court of law of committing terrorist acts or funding terrorist acts or even promoting/encouraging terrorist acts? If so, then I will want them to be shut down and put in prison.

What that made no sense This is talking about why it was created and who funds it. The FBI did an investigation showing connections but until they actually commit a crime they cant touch them. But for us we arent discussing if they tried to or did blow something up,we are discussing the motivation of individuals that associate with known terrorists. Im not sure if your purposefully being misleading or just confused about the topic.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I usually wait until they are attacking me before I consider them hostile. Hell that was my ROE when I was in Iraq too. So what's the big deal? You scared of your own shadow or something? Or just brown people?

Yeah that was normally how you could tell. However in the states your at a disadvantage when they start shooting. In Afghanistan and Iraq when they started shooting at me i had the HK 417 with me all the time.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah that was normally how you could tell. However in the states your at a disadvantage when they start shooting. In Afghanistan and Iraq when they started shooting at me i had the HK 417 with me all the time.

Well in the states Muslims don't regularly shoot at you either. My fear of being shot in the States (when I'm in fear of being shot, which is rarely if ever) usually comes from other sources.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes I'm aware how taxes work. I'm sixty years old.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and bigoted.

How was it not relevant to ask for proof that their claims are true? Or is your position that religious claims are beyond scrutiny?

Yes...religious claims are beyond scrutiny..
That is why they are called "faith" not "science"..
If they were proven, they would not be religion..
Though I think Scientology works hard to muddy that differentiation.

I am agnostic, always have been...never so arrogant to believe there might not be a higher-power, but not so gullible as to believe that someone waving incense or reciting verse in Latin etc. has it figured out.

I simply accept the ambiguity of not being certain as a part of life.

That said...Christians want to pray in some unused room in a school...go for it....ditto Muslims...Ditto the worshippers of the Spaghetti Monster..

I only take issue when people start to pick and choose what "faiths" shall be tolerated..
Religious claims are beyond scrutiny? Since when? Are you sure you want to hold on to that position? Because i can gaurantee you that you don't want to allow all religious claims to become a part of your life.

Correct...Religious claims are not subject to scrutiny because they are premised on the idea they can not be proven.
That is why it is called "faith" and not "fact" nor "science"

As far as "all religious claims to become a part of your life."...Laws, public policy and any other mechanism that would force a religious claim to "become part of" my life are fully subject to scrutiny. Separation of church and state etc.
So I don't see that as relevant.

Once a religious claim is presented as a factual one...I have issue..and it is no longer "faith"...but an unproven factual claim deserving of full scrutiny.

Otherwise I could care less what God someone worships as long as it does not do physical or financial harm to the remaining public etc.

edit on 3-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

RANGE ,bub RANGE!

No just ready ...ALL the time.
NOW as well,,never goes away.
DON'T go insulting your own intelligence with that bullsh#t race card, again.
THERE are dark green good people and LIGHT green good people ,civilians are hit and miss as INDIVIDUALS I meet.
A WHOLE race?
I am not a communist nor a member of John Birch,PROGS must think ALL the people outside the coasts are ...due to THEIR communist collectivist logic many mistakenly APPLY to others prompting a shun for it.
I AM a ragged off army scout and BEHAVE accordingly,being UNDERESTIMATED has been QUITE a valuable tool.
NEVER say a thing about skin accept to LAUGH at those who use it as a symbol for evading a debate or are actually NEO-BIGOTS (Black) ,the feeling to fight stupid can trigger things in person,WORSE if they yell and try to touch.
AND the rest of the questions I asked are to be blown off huh?
edit on 3-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It must be exhausting to always be on edge. I've lived in and around Baltimore pretty much since I ETS'd. This includes during the riots that happened a few years back. I don't fear for what MAY happen. I live in the now. If someone attacks me, I'll worry about it then. Until then I'm going to be happy and live my life accordingly. You should take a chill pill. Have you tried pot?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You may have noticed I got banned?
THAT'S what happens when I run out ...AND why I stay home.
Co Spgs police are good, most of its in my own head ,so WHY bother others...unless OTHERS decide something silly.

I am BLOOD sworn to my oath of office for life and I am deadly serious,if a tad ruthless to win.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You may have noticed I got banned?

Did you? Never noticed.

I am BLOOD sworn to my oath of office for life and I am deadly serious,if a tad ruthless to win.

Have you tried pot?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I 'm sorry perhaps it was unclear I meant to say YES but it is costly and NOT available in Colorado Springs as a recreational substance due to having 5 bases here, My wife got a card because I own firearms.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Awesome.

It does wonders for us veterans.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

...don't REALLY have a choice ,I had bad reactions to a couple SSRIs so the are now of Satan to me.
Just wish it was legal to use as meds already I can BARELY afford it and become difficult without it ...as can be seen earlier this year...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I can't believe I missed this gem. Someone is trying to get their foot in the door. If you don't stand up for what you believe in, for what is right, then get out of the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join